RMMV Legend of the Hatman

Arclus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Embark on an epic misadventure with everyone's favorite misanthrope Hatman Meirl as he travels around the neighborhood in search of a ticket for an anime convention that he just missed.

- Inspired by Dark Souls, Undertale, AND The Care-Bears Movie!
- Make a sandwich for Gene Simmons
- Break into your house
- Jokes maybe
- Make mermaids extinct
- Battle crippling depression

The game is an adventure game with some combat encounters sprinkled in. There is a lot of freedom when it comes to approaching the puzzles and the order in which they can be solved. Combat is more focused on using skills that you learn by equipping items than spamming 'attack' over and over. Several playthroughs may be required for 100% completion, but the game is not all that long so it shouldn't be a problem.

Current version has some minor bugs and imbalances. For best experience, wait until they are fixed.

All is fixed!

Screenshots

Download (Mac/Windows)

https://arclus.itch.io/legend-of-the-hatman

Last edited:

Alice's hat trick

Abraca....what was that again...?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is probably the funniest game I have ever played in my life.
Especially when I was held captive by Gene Simmons, I cracked myself up over and over!

Last edited:

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arclus ,

I recenly completed the game and here is my feedback.

What did i like ?
  • I like the humour.
  • Grandma.
  • The concept how to proceed.
  • Playable with mouse only.
What i didn't like ?
  • The title screen is...questionable.
  • It is inspired by "I wanna be the guy" or "Super Meatboy", not Dark Souls.
  • You can die in the first screen.
  • Almost no direction is given.
  • You die a lot for the dumbest reasons.
What did i notice ?
  • You got a "Locker Key" which doesn't do a thing, even the chest of the maid didn't open.
  • There is a hole in the storage room where you can see a maid shower, mind you that there is no room next to the storage.
  • When you found the BDSM room, you can't proceed whether you have grandma or not, get the rope, use it on the roof so you can get down, but you walk into an invisible wall and thus you're stuck.
  • You are forced to save often.
What can be improved ?
  • I honestly don't know.
My final words.
When i started the game i didn't know what i got myself into, the title screen or the opening text were not impressive to kick off the game.
I wandered around, try to interact with things, and there is interaction, but there is also so much open space in the mansion or world map.
There is not really a direction to go, and you die a lot, i mentioned games that have such structure, but it isn't close to dark souls (which is hard but fair), the story is literal nothing to write home about. but the concept is something i can get down with, i played many flash based games on "Newgrounds" in the past and it reminded me of it, not necessarily a bad thing though, there is some humour in the game which is always a plus.

norman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
hello.
where can i download rmmv.
to play the game.

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello.
where can i download rmmv.
to play the game.
There is a link if you open the spoiler button.
RPG Maker Mv you can download in the Steam store or the RPGmakerweb store.
+ you don't need to own MV to play the game, there is an .exe to start the game.

Arclus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a link if you open the spoiler button.
RPG Maker Mv you can download in the Steam store or the RPGmakerweb store.
+ you don't need to own MV to play the game, there is an .exe to start the game.

What he said.

Deleted the spoiler as well, so it's easier to see.

Arclus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arclus ,

I recenly completed the game and here is my feedback.

What did i like ?
  • I like the humour.
  • Grandma.
  • The concept how to proceed.
  • Playable with mouse only.
What i didn't like ?
  • The title screen is...questionable.
  • It is inspired by "I wanna be the guy" or "Super Meatboy", not Dark Souls.
  • You can die in the first screen.
  • Almost no direction is given.
  • You die a lot for the dumbest reasons.
What did i notice ?
  • You got a "Locker Key" which doesn't do a thing, even the chest of the maid didn't open.
  • There is a hole in the storage room where you can see a maid shower, mind you that there is no room next to the storage.
  • When you found the BDSM room, you can't proceed whether you have grandma or not, get the rope, use it on the roof so you can get down, but you walk into an invisible wall and thus you're stuck.
  • You are forced to save often.
What can be improved ?
  • I honestly don't know.
My final words.
When i started the game i didn't know what i got myself into, the title screen or the opening text were not impressive to kick off the game.
I wandered around, try to interact with things, and there is interaction, but there is also so much open space in the mansion or world map.
There is not really a direction to go, and you die a lot, i mentioned games that have such structure, but it isn't close to dark souls (which is hard but fair), the story is literal nothing to write home about. but the concept is something i can get down with, i played many flash based games on "Newgrounds" in the past and it reminded me of it, not necessarily a bad thing though, there is some humour in the game which is always a plus.

Thanks for the feedback, I have few things I need to comment on:

1. There is a way to get back to the house. It's a dumb, dumb puzzle, I hate that I made it but it's possible.
2. The locker key should open the locker. You have found a bug. Congratulations. I should fix that.
3. When you say the story is nothing to write home about but the concept you could get down with, what exactly do you mean by that?

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
3. When you say the story is nothing to write home about but the concept you could get down with, what exactly do you mean by that?

I like the concept of getting items to progress, i mentioned i played such type of games on "Newgrounds" in the past, basically a trading quest, the story however is a different thing.

Alice's hat trick

Abraca....what was that again...?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You guys can only open the locker with the locker key when Remmy is in the party!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is there a way to add pictures to profile posts?
I just graduated from high school yesterday!
I accidently wipe out my entire hdd...
Hey everyone, I'm going to do winners announcement post for the OCCIII after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.
3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpMePleaseAAAA