RMVXA
oct17banner2.jpg.7b3544ca10358e9a23219a1e8cbd368a.jpg

~~~~~ DOWNLOAD ~~~~~

Download link and main website here:
https://rpgmaker.net/games/5527/downloads/7142/
https://rpgmaker.net/games/5527/

~~~~~ NEWS ~~~~~

Feb 25th, 2018:
Version 2.070 is now available, featuring full OGG/MP3 audio quality.

~~~~~ SYNOPSIS ~~~~~

Legends Of Illarion 2 is the long awaited prequel to the 2009 RM2K3 game Legends Of Illarion. The prequel takes place in ancient Illarion at the dawn of time, many centuries before the events of the first game. I consider it mostly to be an old school type of rpg reminiscent of FF6, Lufia 2, etc.

You don't need to play LOI before playing LOI2. You can play either game before the other and there won't be too much spoilers involved. The first LOI contains a larger more diverse world with more interrelated story elements and characters, while LOI2 is a little easier, smaller, and more straight forward than the first game.

~~~~~ STORY ~~~~~

"We are but mortals who cannot fathom the true nature of the gods. Whether they are kind and benevolent, or vengeful and angry, I cannot say. The only thing that is certain, is that their power is real, and we must always be wary..."

The world of Illarion is at its infancy, having been created by the gods for only mere centuries. An Entity appears, born from the evil growing in the very hearts of mortals, bringing destruction and chaos to the realms. The gods await worthy heroes to appear and defeat the Entity. However, as time passes by, none step forth to save Illarion.

In desperation, one goddess intervenes in mortal affairs, using deception to cause a group of mortals to begin a journey to defeat the Entity. But do they truly fight to save Illarion, or do they fight to fulfill their own selfish motives? As they squabble amongst themselves and get ever closer to the promised end of their journey, the gods play their cruel hand and begin to reveal their true intentions...

~~~~~ FEATURES ~~~~~

• slightly modified battle/menu systems based on 3rd party scripts (mostly Yanfly)​
  • touch encounter battle system​
  • voice clips for character skills​
  • skill points system and many custom battle skills​
  • characters with multiple skill sets depending on weapons equipped​
  • many interesting puzzles (all of which are skippable)​
  • simple gathering/crafting system (blacksmithing, potion making, etc)​
  • diverse environments inhabited by various races.​
  • using "emotes" to describe character actions​
  • approximately 15 hours of gameplay​

~~~~~ VIDEO ~~~~~

Gameplay Footage:

~~~~~ SCREENSHOTS ~~~~~

oct17cosmic3.png.142a2e2831516453dccf6f6f1abe5a0c.png

sept17gemstone3.png.ef42da6eb4276f4f923919bb47c7a52d.png
sept17items2.png.4a926e60d25cbe95c6587b3ea8be8c62.png
sept17learn.png.26ea59c54edc1cf8bf1bf0d465175907.png
sept17party.png.4f7dce269d12a08fd92b01e33b279d79.png
oct17crafting.png.9f1fd133bd4434ef0737e3f759833691.png
sept17forest6.png.4cafc3c62ad088d703a47051ec5eb665.png
sept17underwater3.png.9058e9f7d6fb070b4c1460764f9f4052.png
sept17chimera2.png.ad72ce092f268a3843594718f13a8277.png
sept17elves.png.a1085fcb3bdfb178ba099c9aa8a48706.png
sept17castle.png.98766e5b7520905f803d1a403884e3d8.png
oct17snow.png.866c10322d820d9d7947da362be08692.png

~~~~~ CHARACTERS ~~~~~

Legends Of Illarion 2 features an ensemble cast:

https://rpgmaker.net/games/5527/characters1/

~~~~~ CREDITS ~~~~~

Created by Dyluck
Created using RPG Maker VX Ace by Enterbrain

None of the graphical or audio resources used belong to the creator of this game unless otherwise specificed.
All resources belong to their respective owners and are not used here for commercial purposes.

Graphics (Including but not limited to):
-Enterbrain
-Square Enix
-Mack and Blue
-Looseleaf Generator
-Celianna
-Mr Bubble
-Toasty
-Rinmaru
-Princeofredroses
-Various other resources from the internet

Audio (Including but not limited to):
-Enterbrain
-Square Enix
-Game Arts
-Mistwalker
-tri-Crescendo
-Media.Vision
-Neverland
-Capcom
-Nintendo
-Konami
-Illarion
-Various other resources from the internet

Scripts (Including but not limited to):
-Yanfly Engine Ace and associated scripts
-Mithran Text Cache
-LoneWolf Custom Font Junk Symbol Fix
-Euphoria Itemoff
-Soulpour777 Actor Specific Equipment
-Mr Bubble Crafting System
-Neon Black Passive Skills
-Karin's Soulkeeper Map as Battle Background
-Syvkal Menu Bars
-Modern Algebra ATS
-Various Moghunter scripts
-Various Himeworks scripts

Legends Of Illarion and Legends Of Illarion 2 are non-profit / non-commercial games created for personal use only. I do not own any of the resources (including graphics and audio) used in these games or this trailer unless otherwise specified. All rights and resources belong to their respective owners and no copyright infringement is intended.

Last edited:

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your game looks pretty neat from what I saw in the vid and screens. I like the story, but how can I give it a try? Do I just download it and open it using MV? That's the program I have.

Clangeddin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
This game is made with rpg maker vx ace, not MV.
The program should be a self installer .exe, you just double click it and it will extract the needed files on the prompted path.
Once extracted you enter the new folder and select the Game.exe (or Illarion.exe if the author modified it somehow) and run it, that should run the game.
If it doesn't run, it means it requires also the RVAXE RTP, so you'd have to install that, but now I don't remember if this game comes with the RTP included or not, I had finished it a few months ago.

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, thanks. I downloaded just now, gonna give it a try if it opens.

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, it should be just Game.exe, and yes the RTP is already included. Sorry for the late reply, as I'm not a regular at these forums.

Thanks for your interest, and hope you enjoy the game!

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Version 2.03 is now available for download:
Save files from Version 2.0 onward are compatible, as far as I can tell, although there was some minor changes to some maps, with a few walls and trees moved around.

roundnotflat.png

devour.png

-added animated bust graphics for text messages! =D
-added some better NPC dialogue, including some banter with heroes
-added some extra scenes in the ending
-adjusted difficulty and stats of some monsters
-more early bosses no longer immune to some of Moshran's debuffs
-minor map changes, added 1 new item, and other minor fixes

Enjoy!

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Take a look at this amazing new drawing of Elara, created by Claudie! You can check out more of her work here at https://pant34-85.deviantart.com/

ElaraFullBodyP2.jpg

Also, check out this video of a new area that was recently added to the game:

Fladian

Random Randomness
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been playing this for the past two days or so, but I've run into an enemy I have trouble defeating. Could you give some advise?

I'm at the boss in the Elven forest, which uses a powerful spell that wipes out the entire party. Before the fight, the general character and the halfling tell me that they have something to deplete its mana, but I don't see anything among them their talents that can do that.

I was thinking that I had to level them up a little bit more, but we're all level 37 and I've already felt I am majorly overlevelled. So, how am I supposed to defeat him?

I also have some general feedback, if you want it. This is the first time I've played a game here, so my apologies if some of the feedback are RPG game mechanics and not something else. :)

General
- I think all characters are very stereotypical. Even though that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it makes them very predictable in what they do and not particularly interesting, unless they get plenty of character development. But so far I've noticed very little character development.
- The game doesn't seem to be very challenging. It's not so much that the encounters are easy, it are especially the bosses that pose no challenge. The tactic of 'four characters attack/use magic and the fifth uses healing' every round is an unbeatable tactic pretty much. No boss does enough damage to actually make me pay attention or be on my guard - with one exception, which I'll get back on later.
- Until running into the Hydra, I was never even close to a Game Over. I only had one character killed up to that point and that was more my accident than anything else.
- The Crafting system was neat, but I only started using it somewhere after the Fire boss. Maybe it's intended to be useful later, but I really wondered its use.
- The game would add some difficulty if you didn't allow players to use a tent everywhere. Although I hardly used any...
- I don't know much about RPG maker and its mechanics, but I noticed that the dialogue pauzes every time an other character starts to talk. Is that how it usually goes? I kept thinking that the dialogue ends.
- Just about every unnamed NPC didn't have anything interesting to say. The completionist in me forces me to talk with every NPC, but they never even said something I could remotely use of find interesting.
- I never used any mana restoring item until after the Fire Dungeon and I've still yet to use any restoring item during a battle. I can't imagine that's the intention.
- Did you notice that almost every boss in the game so far has multiple heads? Sure, they look cool, but they lose a lot of originality when everyone has multiple heads.

Gameplay vs Story
- In the Fire Dungeon the Fire God summons five Dwarves. Besides that they were less challenging than the average enemy in the dungeon, I don't think they make a lot of sense. Why would he summon them? To test us, sure, just like on the mountain, but why then and there? He wants Gabront dead too, right? It would make a lot more sense that he'd let us fight Gabront with full health, instead of testing us right before that.
In terms of gameplay it was a nice little fight before the big bad, but it simply doesn't make sense storywise.

In order of the game:
Start
- Good first town, nice location. Everything was easy to find, the size was perfect. Except that... the inn said I already had a room somewhere (in which I assume I can rest), but I couldn't find it. Due to the extremely low cost of the inn, it didn't really matter, but still.
- The forest was a good tutorial dungeon too.
- Banter between the first two characters was nice, it gave a good impression who and what they were.

Adron's Kingdom
- The quest where you first get Adron was fine, but I was stuck for a while when I didn't know you could jump between cliffs. If there was any hint given that you could do that, I missed every single one of them.
- The second puzzle in the game, right before the boss of the area I think, and I didn't have a clue what to do. I used the 'get rid of the puzzle'-item. I felt a lot of the puzzles were out of place and very awkward in the story/gameplay of the game.

Faithless City
- Huge city. Like, huge. I really couldn't find anything, I completely lost my sense of direction, despite that you had plenty of NPCs that told you where everything was. Everything looked the same, I really didn't know where everything was.
- I didn't know where to go after Adron was talking with his brother, especially because I already talked with everyone (I think) prior to go to the pub.
- Nice quest when Moshran was captured.
- I liked the tournament, but it was way too easy to beat. I honestly have no idea how to make it more challenging though.

Dwarf Dungeon
- The boss was perhaps the easiest boss yet.

Fire Dungeon
- The big boss wasn't that difficult either, which is a shame, since he is supposed to be one of the big bads. When he got to 1/3th HP, he started using a more powerful spell. In my opinion that spell should be available at the start of the battle and become a more group spell when he is at 1/3th HP. He was simply way too easy to beat, which made a lot of the dialog during and after the fight kinda weird. How he was immensly powerful, how everyone was struggling, etc. He never even got any of my characters below 1000 HP, until he started using that 'powerful spell.'

Halfling City
- Beautiful Halfling sprites.
- Very funny cake-scene, where half of the cakes were eaten. Gave me quite a laugh.
- Funny mini-game with the onions and carrots, but absolutely terrible for me personally and my dyscalculia. :p Still, managed to get it.

Halfling Grassland Area
- The boss monster was awesome. He did exactly the kind of damage that I expected he would do, finally making him a challenge. He was the first boss that actually posed a challenge, so I loved him. Good job. I only wish all other bosses were like him. I had my first NPC killed by him.

Other
I don't remember where this was, but the armor-boss, that was immune to physical damage was OK too. He did plenty of damage, making him more interesting than most other bosses and his immunity to physical harm made him different too. I didn't expect that to happen though, so I only had two characters that could hurt him. An unpleasant surprise, but he was fine. Fight just took a lot longer than I'm used to.

All in all, it's a pleasant game that plays easily and doesn't require a lot of thinking, concentration or focus. I've been playing the game while watching some stuff on YouTube or on my TV. The storyline didn't really grab my attention - it's been extremely straight forward, but that may change as the game goes on - and the fights were far too easy to focus on it.

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To beat the Hydra:

Malachin has a move that depletes Max MP with the sword I believe, and Oldra has Decay with the whip.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm in a hurry right now but will respond more later.

Fladian

Random Randomness
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, right. Decay also affects MP. I forgot about that.
Thanks.

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for playing and leaving your feedback! Yeah it's probably a bit easy for experienced rpg players. In the past, I kept getting feedback that the game was too hard, so I kept lowering the difficulty bit by bit with each version. I thought it was too easy too, but I had to choose the lesser of two evils, for the sake of newer players. I guess I'll have to try and re-balance it a bit again, and make the bosses a little more threatening.

Could you give me some suggestions about the NPC dialogue? Some NPCs already have a little banter with the heroes, so would you want more of that? Or do you prefer they talk about the world? Or something personal about NPCs? Or something else?

Can you tell me more about why you didn't use Crafting? For example, the second dungeon (Snow Mountain) gives you sheep's wool to craft armour, and the third dungeon (Gemstone Cave) gives you wood to craft a staff. Why did you feel it wasn't useful?

And to answer some of your other questions:
General

-I had a 0.5 second wait between different people talking to make it obvious it was a new person talking, when I didn't have faces before

-there's 3 bosses with multiple heads, and the first 2 are part of a gag with Adron coming up with stupid ideas, but it's possible you killed the boss fast before he talks about it. The third one (Hydra) is a bit unnecessary I guess, so maybe I'll replace it with a different monster.

Gameplay vs Story

-As the story goes, the other gods are actually suspicious that Tanora (Water Goddess) interfered directly to help these mortals defeat the Entities, and that they will all be only loyal to her in the future. So that's why Bragon (Fire God) doesn't want the heroes to succeed. The other gods don't really mind if the Entities win, and they have to erase Illarion and start over again, because they are kind of callous and cold hearted.

Start

-You don't have a house. It's just a commentary on how most cliche rpgs let you rest at your own home.

Adron's Kingdom

-For the puzzle, the sparkle of light appears at one of the random pillars, and you just have to keep following it and touching it. Maybe you couldn't see it because you were not using fullscreen? Also, can you tell me a little more about which other puzzles you felt were out of place and why?

Faithless City

-Yup, a lot of people complained about this city being hard to navigate, so I'll be making some changes to it for sure.

Fladian

Random Randomness
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, maybe I'm a little to used to RPG games, but when it comes to the point that I don't need to pay attention to battles, something is really wrong. Especially because the random encounters were actually fine, not too hard, but not too easy either. Sometimes a little tedious, but that's impossible to avoid. It were really the boss fights that were no challenge and became a little frustrating.

I've finished the game, so I guess I can go into a little more detail in what I said. I've also got some additional feedback on the rest of the game.

Could you give me some suggestions about the NPC dialogue? Some NPCs already have a little banter with the heroes, so would you want more of that? Or do you prefer they talk about the world? Or something personal about NPCs? Or something else?
In the windy city, just about every citizen talked about the weather or the king of thieves. With the Elves,
they all talked about the war with the humans
. Sure, it is the most logical subject at hand but there were so many who all gave the same kind of talk. The player, in this case me, starts to question himself why he wants to talk to people in town if they don't say anything that's worth listening to.

The dialog of other heroes with some NPCs was nice, but you don't want to overdo that either. So don't make (too much) more than you already have, or it will lose its charm.

I don't have very solid advise of what they could say instead, but Yanfly's comics does give some examples.

Can you tell me more about why you didn't use Crafting? For example, the second dungeon (Snow Mountain) gives you sheep's wool to craft armour, and the third dungeon (Gemstone Cave) gives you wood to craft a staff. Why did you feel it wasn't useful?
Besides that I usually forgot to use the crafting, by the time I remembered it, the equipment was already obsolete or useless (for example, creating a wand while I don't use those kind of weapons). One of the consumable items is very cheap in shops, money isn't much of an issue in the game so buying rings isn't a problem either and I never used a potion in the entire game, let alone make them.

Some of the equipment was nice, but very situational useful. Your example, the armor in the second dungeon, was one of the only few 'original' equipment. Just about every other equipment became purchasable around the same time I was able to craft it or about equal to the equipment I already had.

-I had a 0.5 second wait between different people talking to make it obvious it was a new person talking, when I didn't have faces before
I personally didn't like that delay, I kept thinking the conversation ended and I could move. Although it isn't that much of a problem in interesting conversations, there were a lot of moments that I hoped it ended and I could continue.

-there's 3 bosses with multiple heads, and the first 2 are part of a gag with Adron coming up with stupid ideas, but it's possible you killed the boss fast before he talks about it. The third one (Hydra) is a bit unnecessary I guess, so maybe I'll replace it with a different monster.
Yeah, I saw the joke being made in the Hydra fight. :) Unfortunately, that was after I posted it. You shouldn't change it if it was intentional. Besides, I don't remember another threeheaded monster after that.

-For the puzzle, the sparkle of light appears at one of the random pillars, and you just have to keep following it and touching it. Maybe you couldn't see it because you were not using fullscreen? Also, can you tell me a little more about which other puzzles you felt were out of place and why?
I honestly didn't see the sparkle, but I wasn't playing fullscreen, indeed.

Maybe the puzzles aren't that much out of place as that I really dislike puzzles. Especially when I'm sick. :p But the puzzle I was talking about earlier, what was the point of that? I get the puzzle in the mine, that made a lot of sense, but why the pillar ones? Who or why would someone make that there?

There were a lot of them in the Cursed Castle though... but more on that later.

Right. Since I've finished the game, the rest of the feedback.

Let me start with saying that I've finished the game with Moshran, Malachin, Adron, Elara and Sirani. Malachin joined the party since the fight with the Hydra, before that I always used the dwarf. I was level 55 (with everyone) when we finished.

My 'standard' tactic was to attack with Moshran, Malachin (or the Dwarf), Adron and Elara. Sirani healed, or if everyone was close to full health, also attacked. When I got mana restoring equipment, Elana used magic every other turn. Never during a dungeon crawl I ran out of mana, not even close.

During boss fights (including all final fights), especially the challenging ones, I start out with Moshran using the ability to increase his strength and agility in exchange for damage and then simply attacks and whenever he has enough food points, he uses Carnage. Malachin first tries to lower the stats of the enemy (he has two different abilities for it, I usually use one of them based on the enemy, but it's not unusual I use both), then make him weak to hammer-damage and then does the same thing as Moshran. Due to his low agility, he is my destinated reviver and uses Yellow Crosses when he needs to (which end up happening not very often).
While Moshran was the main damage dealer and Sirani by far the most important character due to her healing, Adron was maybe my most central character. There were moments in the game he almost equalled Moshran and Malachin for damage and he was my back up healer if anything happened to Sirani, or if we got more damage than we could restore in one turn (which never happened). His tactic was to start with boosting constitution and essence and then join the fight. After he got his last spell, the one that boosts all stats, his tactic changed. No longer boosting everyone, but individually. First turn boosting Elara, then Moshran, Malachin and finally himself. Elara doesn't need a boost.
Elara had the most boring tactic yet, just always using her strongest spell. If she would run out of MP, Adron would restore it, but that too never happened. Even the final boss died before she ran out of MP.
Finally, Sirani, she used mass-mend every turn, whenever I felt I could use it. If I got more than 1000 damage in one turn, I used the upgrade of mass-mend. If I got 1500 or more damage, then the full heal. I only used full heals during the final battle, since I usually got around 2000 damage per turn. The first turn, when I'm still on full health, she uses an attacking spell.

This tactic worked against everything and everyone, always. I never got even close to being in danger and I never ran out of MP before the boss was defeated.

General
- Status, like bleeding or decay, isn't that much of a threat if you have someone in your party (who you get very early on too, mind you) that can cure everyone from it in one turn for a low amount of MP. And in additional heals them for a bit too. It really makes status damage irrelevant. As a result, I never used any kind of item that restored my status since getting Sirani.
It would make it a lot more threatening if there wasn't a mass status cure spell or until late game.
- Malachin and a few others had some kind of 'super move' if they equipped a certain item. But it really... it's a bad thing that they can only do that with one specific weapon. I had multiple people in my party with such a move, but I specialised in the 'wrong' weapon. I use hammers with Malachin and swords with Adron, so they ended up unable to use their super moves.
- I assume you expect some of the party members to die every now and then, so not everyone is in sync with their experience. Unfortunately that never happened to me, meaning that if someone got a level up, all characters got a level up. Those became very long messages...

Elf Dungeon
- The twist that the Elves and the Halfling would 'betray' us was very obvious, especially thanks to all the vague forshadowing you did. Not sure if you intended for it to be that obvious.
Because the forshadowing started almost immediately after getting the Halfling in the party for the first time, I never really warmed up to her. Remember that we need some time with characters to become attached to them, I never got that time with her before she already acted very suspiciously.
- The evil Elf with the children, that was a good fight.
- The big bad after the evil Elf was a very long fight, but definitely the kind of challenge I expected more of in the game. He was also far more powerful than the previous big bad.

Cursed Castle
- It took me a long time to find the 5th key. I really didn't see the portraits and even after noticing them, it never even occured to me that they were interactable.
- I really hate puzzles and I'm bedridden sick at the moment (which is why I could play all day long, with some naps inbetween), so puzzling really isn't my thing at such a moment. So I skipped them all.
- That Chedra's children ended up being undead was... good. I personally thought the dialogue was convincing. The fight, despite them being fairly strong, was still very easy. But it did kind of remind me of Final Fantasy IV's
Edge's parents.

Mage Tower
- The battle sprites of Apollaron and Artemenya look really off. The quality is way higher than anything else in the game and they look so much scaled that they become a little blurry. The contrast shows a lot.
- The fourth big boss, the bird boss, was definitely the most challenging fight in the game. It was the first time that my standard tactic didn't work, because she killed Moshran in an early round, and every time I revived him, she killed him the next turn. It took me a few turns until I realized she had a steady attack pattern. After I realized that, I managed to revive him successfully and then the standard tactic worked again.
- It felt really sudden to be transported to the final area directly after finishing up the Mage Tower. Sure, we could go back, but it may be nicer to do it the other way around. First transport us to the city and then to the final dungeon, instead of the other way around.

Dai Luk's Dungeon
- I get that the dragons are supposed to be some ultimate test, but they don't really fit in the story all that well, do they? Their sprites also suffer from the same problem as Adran's brother and sister in law. Slightly less, but still visibily so. Besides that, despite that they do pretty much damage, they aren't much of a challenge. They do about 2000 damage (of the ~4000 HP I have) and I heal up after every turn. They don't last until I'm even halfway my mana. I even stopped healing between battles from the third one on.
- The enemies in the dungeon use status attacks, but at the start of the dungeon you can buy equipment that completely negates status effects.

Final Battle
- It's cool to fight all bosses again with only parts of your party. Kinda forces you to use all NPCs. In the fight with the fourth boss, I had to use NPCs I never used in my party before.
- The final battle itself was OK with the other four present, but even with all their buffs and boosts, the best they could do was about 2000 damage per turn. Considering I have about 4000-5000 HP and heal every turn, I'd say he would be a lot more challenging if he did about double the 2000 damage.
- During the final battle you are healed by the people in the world. Nice, but... no one really knew we were here, right? So that felt like it didn't make a lot of sense. Besides that, I didn't need the healing. I was close to full health already (the only damage I had was the attack they did in the same turn) and thanks to that event, I never had to restore my mana. Although to be honest, I don't think I really would have any mana problems in the fight anyway.
- The final boss's spell 'Meteor Fall', is that the attack he starts using after he gets at a certain point of HP? If so, shouldn't that be his strongest attack? It didn't even do 1000 damage to me, which makes it its weakest attack.

Epilogue
- It was a very long epilogue.
- What's with the battle with Petranor in the epilogue? It feels out of place, wouldn't a cutscene be better?

I never played Illarion 1, so I can't make the connection with that. Which is probably why I felt the epilogue was too long, because it gave a lot of information that didn't interest me much. After the goodbye of all characters, I expected the game to end, not to fight a random guy with Petranor and then several more cutscenes after that.

The story never really engaged me, I never found it to be interesting. Like I said in my previous post, all characters are very stereotypical and there was very little character development. The little character development there was, was all very situational or sudden. As a result, I didn't think most characters were very interesting. Adron may just have been the only exception for me. Although I disliked him at the start of the game, his moral struggle about his brother late game and with it, his more serious demeanor, made him more interesting. The guard captain, who lost his wife, was OK too, but his development was very forced. All others were predictable.

Oh! And Fluffy was nice.

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To answer to some of your points:

General
-with the 2 different weapon types, my hope was that certain incentives, like those accessories or finding stronger weapons, would make the player want to switch weapons sometimes (and Auto SP makes it easier to switch). But I think I will now create 2 versions of the "super moves" so that people can use it with either weapon they like.

Elf Dungeon
-the foreshadowing was obvious on purpose, because I felt I needed a new story point right away for the new area and character, but yeah you're right, maybe I could delay that a bit first

Final Battle
-in the final area, it's mentioned that a rift in time and space has opened, and that's basically the reason for the dragons from the future there ( I know, still not that logical), and that's also why Dai Luk was buffed by a "future incarnation of himself", and you are healed by the "prayers of the future people". It was just a minor 4th wall breaking thing, since this is a prequel, so future Dai Luk = Dyluck (me, the creator of the game, trying to rewrite the past), and the "future people" = you, the players.

Anyways thank you for playing all the way to the end and giving me all your feedback!

Pheadona

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
hello! stuck in Elven forest - found one awl but no idea where to go from there... pls help me

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have to keep following the exits next to the owls. Once you followed the first owl, the next room will have an owl next to one of the exits, and so forth.

If you still can't find your way, you can use the Puzzle Skip item anywhere in the forest to skip to the end of the forest.

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Version 2.070 is now available, featuring full OGG/MP3 audio quality. Some midis were replaced by OGG/MP3 versions of the same music, while others were replaced by new music selections altogether. If you are copying your saves from an older version, please read the notes at the download page first, and follow the instructions.

Also, I've just created a Facebook page for the game, and the link can be found above the news section at https://rpgmaker.net/games/5527/. In light of the recent impersonations of rpgmaker games/creators on itch.io, I thought it would be a good idea to start putting up some official social media pages and announcing them.

Thanks for reading and playing!
Edit: The facebook page is down for now and will be fixed later.

Last edited:

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is a new cutscene in version 2.071 that takes place about halfway through the game. As the heroes continue on their journey to complete the mission entrusted to them by the gods, a chance accident leaves the two leaders of the group with a chance to talk. They discuss about their conflicting views on dealing with problems, and their different visions for a better world, and ponder their implications for the future...

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hooray!! Just received a 5/5 star review from aquatorrent, a seasoned reviewer of many other games!! I'm so happy!! :kaoblush:
You can read his review in the link below, check out his other reviews, and also come play my game now while it's hot!! :wink::biggrin:
https://rpgmaker.net/games/5527/reviews/5970/

Dyluck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Come watch live streaming of the game by HawkZombie, a twitch streamer, who streams other RPG Maker games as well!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Saw a video of myself*
*Opens google*
*Search "How to delete my personality"*
Me: "I should make a quick prototype of my system to test early"
Also me: "Eh, drawing the character is more fun than actually making the game"
FFhEfyfUcAMOLjF
Avery wrote on BCj's profile.
Hey, how did your emergency surgery go? Are you okay?
Remember when people had the ability to have meaningful conversations on platforms like twitter or facebook? Good times... Nowadays is absolute crap.
All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soohwa