Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Legion Saga DX
RPG MAKER MV PROJECT
Permission granted to execute the project from Matt/Kamau himself via Twitter.

GAME SYNOPSIS
Legion Saga, Original Game Synopsis
It follows the story of the prince of a kingdom who has just engaged in battle with the neighboring country, and his struggles to find out the truth behind not only his own history, but who is pulling the strings behind the war.

Legion Saga MV, Expanded Game Synopsis

Since coming to power, King Agaman Meluvet, has provided a great many things for the people of Meluvet. Those people that are capable live without want for many things and are happy with their apparently superior monarchy. However, across the southern border lies the Protectorate of Garalas with whom the Kingdom of Meluvet has a strained diplomatic relationship.

Once united under a single empire the leaders of both nations continue to claim the rightful dominion over each other to this day. This has caused centuries of tension between the two nations that cannot easily be undone. While the situation has only lead to the occasional border skirmish in the past; the times have changed.

This Utopian status of Meluvet does not come freely, and Meluvet continuously seeks to expand its influence and resources. Many years after a failed war with the western nation of Veramonde by his father the King of Meluvet may now have the means to turn border skirmishes and raids into a full conquest of the southern nation.

Our story, Legion Saga, follows Prince Durane of Meluvet as King Meluvet declares war against Garalas. Under the guidance of General Kamza, Prince Durane is sent to the frontlines to seize a strategic asset, the border village of Seimu, which will allow Meluvetian troops to cross freely into Garalasian territory. The young prince is troubled by the war and he struggles with his feelings towards his father's warmongering.

Things begin to spiral out of control for Durane when he is mistaken for someone else... Suddenly he finds himself fighting not for Meluvet but to discover the truth behind his own history and who is actually pulling the strings behind the war between the two nations.

GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS
  • Classic RPG-style gameplay
  • 42 Legionnaires to recruit, the original 28 from Legion Saga, a few expanded from Legion Saga R, possibly some characters seen only in Legion Saga 2 & 3, and the remaining will be all new characters designed for Legion Saga DX!
  • An expandable Castle that acts as the headquarters for your army of recruits where you can do various activities and speak with your Legionnaires.
  • Revamped War System and Dueling and expanded scenes that take advantage of the new systems.
  • Revamped Orbcraft System
  • Expanded Orbs, Items, Armors, and Accessories!
  • Weaponsmiths! No longer will you have to buy new weapons at every town as you progress through the story!
  • Greatly expanded storyline and world using canonical information from Legion Saga R, Legion Saga 2, Legion Saga 3. Some things will be added to fill out the story or changed for coherency purposes.

SCREENSHOTS

titlescreenwork.png
Character-Breakdown.png WorldMapSprite.png Map021.png Murphey_Start.png Port_Medillan.png TF_BargonCastle.png

DEMO
Release To Be Determined...

CREDITS

Game Engine (RPG Maker MV)
Kadokawa, Degica

Legion Saga 1 (Original RM2K game)

Kamau/Matt Glanville

Graphics (Tilesets)

Candacis, Des

Graphics (Title Screen, Banners, GUI)
Arcmagik

Mapping

Plugins
Yanfly, dsiver144, waynee95, GALV, Gilles Meyer, Mr. Trivel, Aloe Guvner, Atreyo Ray, Modern Algabra, Yami, mjshi, Hime, SumRndmDde, Zalerinian

CURRENT PROGRESS

Progress Report
7/15/2018 - So much progress has happened in different ways. We continue to push forward. Most of the game is mapped. All of the sprites have been edited or commissioned. Plugins have been planned and implemented with some plugins being commissioned to cover some of the deficiencies. Eventing, dialogue, and cut-scenes have become to be implemented.

7/23/2017 - Somewhere around a year of game development has passed and the game has undergone several builds. This game originally started as something of a passion/learning project for me. I have learned so much in the last year as I continued to build this project. Now I am well into Build 3 (using Time Fantasy) and converting all the maps from Build 1 & Build 2 with other additions added one. I feel that I am cursed to work on this project alone though... every time I manage to get a second mapper (even thought I was going to be up to 3 mappers at one point) something happens with them and they have to drop after a map or two.

Despite serious set backs in my real life I continue to push forward. This project has been helping me stay focused and keep my sanity!

I have also officially gotten the go ahead from Kamau to remake LS2 & 3 once I have finished this one. Which is extremely exciting for me as that means I can plan from step one in Build 3 towards LS2 & 3 including Save Transfers.

Last edited:

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia Thanks I am going to need it. I need to update this thread this weekend. I am 40% through the database, and I got another 10-15% in my note book that needs to be inputted. I am hoping to complete the database within two weeks! (So really 2 months? Lol)

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Progress Report

9/4/16

Added some updates here and there. I currently have work being progressed on most of the banners which I will add as they come to me. Credits page should be compiled in the next week or so. I updated the expanded story just slightly because I found some old files for Legion Saga III that had all the information I had been trying to piece together (it was the former Meluvetian King that went to war with Veramonde). The list of the 42 recruitable characters is complete... I've started work on inputting the ones to the database that can join your Six Man Battle party. I have a workable Blacksmith system now but I want to see if I can refine it a bit. Plugins are 90% uploaded and probably 70% configured though I ran into my person limitations on some things so now I am back to studying Javascript and more tutorials to try to overcome that because after a year of working with MV I hadn't ran into my ceiling in awhile and I had forgotten how frustrating it can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Updated

I only have one additional banner to add. I didn't update any screenshots or anything. Game Demo is still unavailable. I am trying to push through mapping... it's tough. I have to fight my natural obsession with perfection on the maps otherwise I would be endlessly tinkering with them. I also have to keep KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) in mind while designing the maps too otherwise I waste time on complex things that don't bring anything to the game development at this stage. We (and by We I mean the Royal We since I am basically a one man show right this moment) are pressing forward. I also have to keep myself from getting distracted by the humdrum of mapping by wondering into spriting or plugin territory until I am ready to concentrate on it (otherwise I won't remember half of what I wasted my time on to watch!). 

I decided on a sprite style. We will be using hiddenone's taller sprites for the game instead of the chibi ones. I might have secured someone to do all the facesets since they are currently spread out among several different makers and styles so they will be uniform. I decided to use Aekastics' enemy battlers in the game so now I just have to find someone that can do the 26 allied battlers! I am hoping for Vibrato's style or even a more simpler style like Exit Fate that is only a handful a frames that can be used in clever ways.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Updated

Mapping is coming along... such that I took a break to start working on the opening scene of the game a bit. I really needed to dust off my eventing skills... they have gotten a bit rusty. It did what I wanted it to do but it looks pretty... messy. I imagine I can streamline it quite a bit once I get more serious about moving into the demo phase of the project.

We managed to pick up a secondary mapper (or at least we are talking to one right now) who might also help take the lead in the music composition of the game (we have another composer too!). We managed to get an artist to agree to do some FaceSets since we have FaceSets scattered over different RPG Makers and sources with different styles so I wanted to uniform all of them. Also we have someone to help with Sprites... We are currently discussing that with them. I will wait for this weekend to update the Development Team status once I get confirmation from all of them.

I am excited, what about you!?!?!

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated

We (and I am using the royal we here) are churning along. We are 70% done with the opening scenario for the demo which if you played the old game you are familiar with the Battle of Seimu (this will not be the games opening scenario we are expanding the beginnning). This means we are inching in on being about 20% done with the demo!

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The game continues to progress. I don't have much in the way of screenshots right now due to the way I have been mapping (combination editor, photoshop, and doodads!) but mapping is going good... good enough that as is evident above I moved on to other things for a bit in the project.

Between setting up the Battle of Seimu, I have been playing around in the database since I was playtesting some battles in the scene. One thing is for certain... I need to study damage formulas more and soon. Just another thing to add to my list of learning... good thing this project has always been about increasing my level with RPG Maker!

I'll probably be quiet for a few weeks due to life events but rest assured (those that maybe following this... I'll be back and plugging away afterwards).

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The game is still alive. October was a busy month for me outside of game development plus I got myself involved in a few other projects in minor roles so I had worked on some of that stuff too in the little time I had so there wasn't a whole lot of progress last month. I do have a mapper now which takes some of the pressure off of me so I can concentrate on eventing (and now learning Javascript). Demo is slowly moving closer to completion... I am hoping to put the demo out by the first of the year, but I am going to be more realistic.

Current Demo Release Date will be my birthday, March 29th. It will be my desire to ensure that the demo has every major feature shown in it so that is why I am going to give myself more time to complete it.

Udumori

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks like a massive undertaking! I'll be looking forward to your demo.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Udumori Thank you! I look forward to it as well! Hah hah. Much like my recruitment thread this one requires a good updating that I will get around to soon.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I jokingly say that I broke up with MV and went back to my ex-engine VX Ace... that is true! We are doing good together and I am hoping it is going to be good relationship while MV matures a little more.

I updated the original post to reflect this since the game is no longer Legion Saga MV (still working on updating the banners)... now I am developing it under the working title Legion Saga: Advent Prophecy.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fixed the game thread from the Forum Upgrade troubles!

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a small update with some mapshots of Bargon Castle.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a little project update.
  • Sprites for Prince Durane (7 total as there is a character later on that you can recruit that allows you to "Change Outfits." 3 Sprites + Recolors of the Sprites based on the Regions of Meluvet (Red), Garalas (Blue), and the Legionnaire's (Green). Might do a Dragon Knight Durane too...), General Cid Regule, and Xaertrix edited and completed.
  • Minor editing work done to the King of Meluvet (Gray hair to Black) and the Princess of Meluvet (Pink Dress to Red, Blonde Hair to Black like the King/Queens) was completed as well.
  • Considering a complete redesign of Eva and Kamza due to my sprite limitations.
  • Resized World Sprites plus WIP Map of the Midlands added in game.
  • 5 New Maps completed.
Durane Outfits

WIP Midlands plus World Sprite

Irassian Prison Tower (Exterior)

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Per usual for me... I am changed my art style again but things are moving really fast with this style! Hopefully I will update the thread soon with enough changes to warrant it.

XPKobold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Good luck with this i heard good things about legion saga as well as it's rich history. Though i heard there were spinoff's by others.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many have tried to remake it in the past. Kamau did work on a spinoff called Curse of Silence. There was also of course Legion Saga 2 & 3. I've learned so much from this experience that is invaluable. Hopefully as I start to button down all the maps that I am converting to the new art style of two different builds I should be quite far in the process!

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally got around to updating the thread again back to Legion Saga MV and posted a couple of screenshots from the current build using Time Fantasy graphics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDiet