- Mar 29, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Legionwood is a console style RPG made using RPG Maker VX. Legionwood is my attempt at creating a nostalgic and familiar RPG experience reminiscent of the classics of the early 90's such as Breath Of Fire and Chrono Trigger.
Legionwood features a massive world filled with adventures and side quests, and is expected to contain over 20 hours of gameplay and four huge story driven chapters.
While it isn't revolutionary and contains gameplay that is for the most part bog standard RPG fare, Legionwood is designed to be that way; familiar and fun for RPG fans looking for a casual game to play.
*There's also a sequel made with RPG Maker VX Ace in development! Head on over to http://legionwood.wordpress.com for the latest news!
The world of Legionwood. Once upon a time, it was prosperous and full of technological wonders. About three thousand years ago, a mysterious phenomena demolished most of mankind's cities, and as a species, they had to start again. This much, archaeologists and scholars know from the ancient ruins of technological cities and fortresses dotted throughout the most barren parts of Legionwood's surface.
After at least two millennia had passed, mankind had begun to re-establish itself as the planet's dominant species. Major inventions were being rediscovered, and technological development had finally reached a medieval period. It was at this time when everything began to go wrong. Legionwood has always had war, but suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere began a furious and unpredictable world war that raged for years and devastated cities and nations worldwide. This terrible conflict, known as the Great War, ended as suddenly as it began, with no mention of its cause or conclusion to the public, and mankind began to pick up the pieces.
Now, one thousand years have passed since the Great War came to an end. Since that terrible time, makeshift peace treaties have ensured there have been only minor conflicts over the last centuries, but once again technology is on the rise, and half truths and legends about the Great War and its origins are prevalent in popular culture.
Each country, empire and kingdom fears its neighbours, and only reluctantly are peace ties held in place. In a last ditched effort to try and maintain some sort of peace between the rival kingdoms of Charn and Trevelle, the king of Charn has decided to hold a celebration and
festival to honor his new daughter's birth. Everybody in attendance is expecting a good time, but a key figure linked to Legionwood's dark past of conflict and death has been biding his time, and has decided that now is the perfect time to stage a new Great War and political upheaval. Simply looking for a way to wind down after months of hard work, Lann and his sister Liara come to enjoy the festivities, but soon they will both be pulled unexpectedly into an epic saga which may just have a battle to decide the world's fate waiting in its wings.
- A character driven story full of twists, turns and red herrings, and an intended gameplay time of around 20 hours.
- 6 playable characters, each one with a distinct personality, which you can mold into your own custom character classes to suit your combat style.
- Turn based combat with an emphasis on tough opponents and using skills, rather than mashing "attack" over and over. Think, don't button mash!
- A custom soundtrack, composed entirely of non comercial game music, some exclusive to Legionwood.
- Collect, raise and summon 5 elemental spirits to aid you in battle! Summon level up, learn skills and fight just like your party members!
- Innovative Ability Point system by KGC allows you to choose which bonuses you gain in level ups, so you're free to decide which role your characters fill in your battle plan.
You can download this game from the page here:
The game's expansion pack, Mysteries of Dynastland, is available here:
Last edited by a moderator: