Lemony's Follower Script Problem...

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, so I've been working on the full version of my game for quite some time, and I've been using Lemony's Followers Script ( http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/737-followers-move-routes/ )

For the most part, it's been great, but I keeping coming across a problem I've been unable to fix. :unsure:

After some events, usually long cutscenes, the party members do what I tell them to. However, as soon as the event ends, then I find that one or more of my party members won't follow the player anymore and just stand there... Sometimes I put "$game_temp.lfmr_wait = false" and then "Gather Followers" at the end of the event, and it works, but other times, that results in the player being unable to move, which, in effect, freezes the game.

I have no idea how to fix this problem, and I am not the only one who has come across it. However, after doing quite a bit of digging around various forums, I've only come across solutions to Victor's Followers Script, which I do not use. If anyone can tell me how on Earth this can be fixed, either in Lemony's Script, or changing something I'm doing, that would be absolutely wonderful. :D

I can post screenshots if necessary to resolve this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you edit your post and fix your script link please?

Screenshots might be helpful - is it because you're moving the followers in such a way that they're no longer standing on a tile next to the person they're following? Maybe you need to move them back a little closer together before ending your cutscene.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Screenshots might be helpful - is it because you're moving the followers in such a way that they're no longer standing on a tile next to the person they're following? Maybe you need to move them back a little closer together before ending your cutscene.
I don't think that's the issue... Sometimes I've had followers right behind me stop following the player. I'm not sure how else to describe it...other than being completely frozen.

I hope these screenshots help.

Screenshot 1.png Screenshot 2.png Screenshot 3.png Screenshot 4.png Screenshot 5.png Screenshot 6.png Screenshot 7.png Screenshot 8.png

I seriously cannot explain what's happening, and when I've fixed it in the past, it's through hours of random poking and prodding. Any help would be great. :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you get them to this point, then walk over them in the correct order (party member #2 first, then #3, then #4), do they start following you after you walk over them? (or rather, after the person who's meant to be in front of them in the lineup walks over them)

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you get them to this point, then walk over them in the correct order (party member #2 first, then #3, then #4), do they start following you after you walk over them? (or rather, after the person who's meant to be in front of them in the lineup walks over them)
Nope. I can't interact with them at all. It's weird. I think that if the second party member is stuck, then the third and fourth ones will also be stuck, but I can't really prove it...

I've seen at least one other person who had this problem, but they were also used Victor's Script to get around it. Maybe it's an error in the script itself? :unsure:

Also, I left a comment on the original post, but apparently Lemony hasn't been on in months.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, Shaz, I know that you said no double posting, and I promise this is the last time. I just wasn't sure if editing and updating my last post would notify you.

So, I got my friend who knows a lot more about programming than I do to take a look at my game and the glitch. He wasn't able to help as much as I would have liked, since apparently RPG Maker VX Ace uses it's own unique coding language, however, after an hour of tinkering we were able to determine that the problem was that there was some sort of inconsistency in the script. What was happening is that the command "$game_temp.lfmr_wait = false" wasn't doing what it was supposed to do, even though everything seemed to be working fine. His theory was that something in Lemony's Script was having problems running along side something else within RPG Maker's coding. :unsure:

Is there anyone who can maybe find out what this inconsistency is? Or point me in the direction of someone who could? :) Thanks.

;_; Again, I'm so, SO sorry for double posting like this, but I hope that this new information helps resolve this issue.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Double posting is if you post again within 72 hours (3 days) of your last post. Your last post was over 72 hours ago, so that one isn't a double post.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to look into the issue now myself. Hopefully someone will be able to.

VX Ace uses Ruby as its scripting language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my first big game since joining the forums! Please check out Petal Knights! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/petal-knights-playable-now.117898/
Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr