jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hotfixed to replace that horrendous windowskin. Sorry if you've already been subjected to that.

Lemuria.png

After winning the lottery, you bought a yacht and went sailing. Everything was going well until the storm. You woke up on the beach, sore all over. Now you have to survive long enough to be rescued - which may not be for a long time.

Time Fantasy tilesets, characters, and monsters by Jason Perry
Luna Engine, Battle Symphony by Yami
Scripts by Neon Black, JV Master, Yanfly, Xypher, Apellonyx, Kal, Hime, Shaz, Zeus81, Szyu
Scripts by Devon M. Setterstrom (Vlue Maynara) of Daimonious Tails
Sound Effects by LittleRobotSoundFactory, juskiddink, smcameron, craftport, CGEffex, csengeri on freesound.org
Music by D. C. Kairi Sawler, Joel Steudler, J.C. Brickston

Download it now!

Last edited by a moderator:

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump for screenshots

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump for download

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nearly there. If I hadn't lost that first week, I could get all done that I wanted, but I had to cut out a lot I'd planned. All that's left to do is add a few more encounters. No time for bug testing or balancing. My major accomplishment is getting the player sprites clothed, which I'll show off now.

player.png

Of course, it's just a Frankenstein and recolor. All praise goes to Jason Perry. The finished game will be posted in a day or two.

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, it's finished.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I gave this a try. It made me laugh, but I don't think it was the intention XD

This feels like a very early dev game (sorry if I'm wrong) and the concept seems simple but rather shoddily assembled. I would like to see this game expand and grow, so thow me a line if it ever does~ 

(on the plus side, there was a truly gorgeous and hilarious sprite glitch in there, so bravo for that XD)

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Indrah

Thank you so much for the honest review. I'm glad you had a good time playing it, even if it was in a "it's so bad it's good" way. I can laugh at myself, so that's alright.

1. I really don't remember why I made that windowskin. I wish I could say I don't know what the problem with it is, but I do. All I can offer in my defense is, I stopped noticing how bad it was weeks ago.

2. It's my first time using RPG Maker VX Ace. (I've started a few other projects, but this is the first I got to where I had something to upload.)

3. I didn't have any time at all to even write an intro cutscene, nevermind animating it. But there's not much more to the story than what you saw. As one of your viewers noted, it's a survival game.

4. I do intend to expand upon it, adding crafting, cooking, and all the other stuff I had to cut.

5. Thanks for discovering that graphics glitch. OMG that was hilarious. When you press a movement key, an event is supposed to turn the awake switch back on. I'm not sure what you did.

6. Sleep is the only way to heal. I should have made that more obvious from the start. I didn't expect this to be played without downtime between the fights.

7. I was worried that the survival aspect wouldn't go over well. Unless I'm mistaken, it's the one part you thought was good - if poorly executed - so I'm glad.

8. I have no idea what's going on with the TP. Luna Engine is somewhat unclear on where this can be handled and I thought I had fixed it.

9. "Lemuria" is just the name i gave the island. It isn't likely to be relevant or even mentioned in game, but I didn't want to call it "The Island" or anything like that.

Again, thanks so much for giving this a try and sharing your findings with me.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm here to say that the sprite glitch made my entire day xD

I do agree though, this feels like a nice concept that with time could be a neat little game. Was there a way to actually beat it at this point? 

Last edited by a moderator:

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm here to say that the sprite glitch made my entire day xD

I do agree though, this feels like a nice concept that with time could be a neat little game. Was there a way to actually beat it at this point? 

Thanks. It was as funny to me as it was to anyone else. I have some idea of what's happening, but not how to fix it.

Like most survival games, it's not winnable. However, it doesn't go on forever. If you play for long enough, you will lose. When I expand on it, that may change. At the very least, I'll add a "You survived for X days."

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As others have mentioned, there's not much to do in this game.  It seems like it could eventually be an interesting survival game, but right now I just wandered around for a bit.  I  played the version with the leaf message box, and it's really good to hear that you've already changed that.  So keep improving!  :)

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As others have mentioned, there's not much to do in this game.  It seems like it could eventually be an interesting survival game, but right now I just wandered around for a bit.  I  played the version with the leaf message box, and it's really good to hear that you've already changed that.  So keep improving!  :)

I continue to work on it. I managed to fix that mapping bug with the trees and the sleeping glitch. I know how amusing that one is, but it's more than just a visual goof. Next I want to get the autosave, which I'd originally planned, integrated with the menu.

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Development continues over in Early Project Feedback. Check my signature for the link.

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
You're stuck on an isolated island and you can't win?!

I love the idea!

I'm gonna give it a try!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GThink