tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I divide class roles into a few, one of them in a healer tank and a true healer.
since my (and any most) heal skill is scale with mdf, healer tank (block magic) has high mdf than true healer.
but I want healer tank has less heal effect to ally than true healer.

there 2 known parameters that boost heal: recovery effect and pharmacology
recover effect: +/- heal receive who has this trait
pharmacology: +/- item effect when used by this user
but none that +/- heal effect from this user to other

help?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using plugins for this? Which ones?

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
One way to achieve that might be Element Rates.
While their common use is to boost items with the same element, you can use them directly in your damage/healing formulas of otherwise unrelated items:

So if you want an "element" that boosts healing to self, you could set your healing items up like this:
(original formula) * (a === b ? a.elementRate(21) : 1)

(This example would multiply your items healing with the characters element rate for element 21 if attacker and target are the same)

I haven't looked at it in a while, but the pinned "Damage Formulas: Ideas and Help" thread might also help here.

tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One way to achieve that might be Element Rates.
While their common use is to boost items with the same element, you can use them directly in your damage/healing formulas of otherwise unrelated items:

So if you want an "element" that boosts healing to self, you could set your healing items up like this:
(original formula) * (a === b ? a.elementRate(21) : 1)

(This example would multiply your items healing with the characters element rate for element 21 if attacker and target are the same)

I haven't looked at it in a while, but the pinned "Damage Formulas: Ideas and Help" thread might also help here.
I only find that element rates to increase/decrease user damage receive. I don't know how it 'connected' to healing items...

healer tank and true healer have the same heal skill ID number... using element rate... both will get affected.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I kind of misunderstood your question the first time I think, but the strategy should still work here.

You need an element you never use for an item. This way you free up the element rate as a modifier for anything in your damage formulas:

(2 * a.mdf) * a.elementRate(21)

If you give your tank a 50% "element rate" for element 21 for example, you would halve the healing they do through this formula compared to your healer with 100% "element rate".

I'm not sure if you are using all the parameters already, maybe an easier way would be to use separate stats for magic defense and healing effectiveness?

Hope this helps in some way. :)

tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I kind of misunderstood your question the first time I think, but the strategy should still work here.

You need an element you never use for an item. This way you free up the element rate as a modifier for anything in your damage formulas:

(2 * a.mdf) * a.elementRate(21)

If you give your tank a 50% "element rate" for element 21 for example, you would halve the healing they do through this formula compared to your healer with 100% "element rate".

I'm not sure if you are using all the parameters already, maybe an easier way would be to use separate stats for magic defense and healing effectiveness?

Hope this helps in some way. :)
This work. thank you for the help.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@tyranzero, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Figured I would start posting what I am working on here. Anyways, a quest system plugin I have been working on:
20mgjmZ.png

What features would yall like to see in a quest system?
Playing my game to improve my game. (Totally not procrastinating)
Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissOclock