RMMV Lets Discuss - A Dungeon Crawler with Guns !

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Recently, I came across this post with Gun Weapons made by whtdragon : Link

So, I was inspired to plan a Dungeon Climb game which plays somewhat like Dungeons and Dragons, but guess what ? Its set in the Future with Futuristic elements, Basically a Sci-Fi Game with Guns. So, all the Characters will be using only Guns - Various kinds of Guns ! Please note that all of the below Game Ideas are in early planning phase, Just a bunch of scribbled ideas on a Notepad at the moment.

There will be no Magic or Melee weapons, Like your Typical RPG Maker Game. Melee weapons are replaced by Area Effect Guns (Phasers), Magic weapon are replaced by Elemental Guns (Zappers), Rogue weapons are replaced by Semi-Automatic Guns (Arrays).

The Whole game would be built in a way to compliment a Battle System theme built around Guns which includes, Maps, Enemies, Gear, Buffs, Bonuses, Rewards, Characters, Classes, Plots, Abilities, Bosses, Trap Mechanics etc.

So, I just wanted to know..

- What is your opinion about this Game Concept ?

- Would you prefer Limited or Unlimited Ammo ?

- What do you Like or Dislike about this Game Concept ?

- How can I improve upon this Game Concept ?

All Ideas / Criticism / Suggestions are welcome !

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was playing CyberKnight 2 just one hour ago. RPG with mech and guns. Only guns. So...

Concept: almost all SCI FI stuff work with guns. I say: anyone older than 20 should have played a lot of strategical games with just firearms, so the concept is ok. Not telling there was a lot of D&D settings with guns and even mech or archeotech.
So, it's a tested and working concept. Why not?
I recently played a DOOM rogue game, and it was fun enough.

Limited ammo: unlimited projectiles, limited artillery. Mostly like unlimited sword slashes, limited fireballs. Obviously you can find shells around...

Like: the lack of magic and hopefully elves.
Dislike: elemental stuff. Think twice before creating a fantasy system dressed as a sci fi one. If status area effects are there, is magic with just another name...

Improvement: It's so scarce by now that everything can fit! Maybe later, with more meat to chew, I can say something meaningfull.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Enter the Gungeon! (just less harder)

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
wasn't Hotline Miami basically this?
IDR.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Recently, I came across this post with Gun Weapons made by whtdragon : Link

So, I was inspired to plan a Dungeon Climb game which plays somewhat like Dungeons and Dragons, but guess what ? Its set in the Future with Futuristic elements, Basically a Sci-Fi Game with Guns. So, all the Characters will be using only Guns - Various kinds of Guns ! Please note that all of the below Game Ideas are in early planning phase, Just a bunch of scribbled ideas on a Notepad at the moment.

There will be no Magic or Melee weapons, Like your Typical RPG Maker Game. Melee weapons are replaced by Area Effect Guns (Phasers), Magic weapon are replaced by Elemental Guns (Zappers), Rogue weapons are replaced by Semi-Automatic Guns (Arrays).

The Whole game would be built in a way to compliment a Battle System theme built around Guns which includes, Maps, Enemies, Gear, Buffs, Bonuses, Rewards, Characters, Classes, Plots, Abilities, Bosses, Trap Mechanics etc.

So, I just wanted to know..

- What is your opinion about this Game Concept ?

- Would you prefer Limited or Unlimited Ammo ?

- What do you Like or Dislike about this Game Concept ?

- How can I improve upon this Game Concept ?

All Ideas / Criticism / Suggestions are welcome !
You know what, this is a similar to my current project. It plays like DnD, it's set in the future, and uses a lot of guns.

As for ammo, it depends. If you are looking for a more hardcore survival/resource management aspect, then use limited ammunition. Of course, if you only use guns, then there should be a way to attack that won't use ammo, like bashing with your gun. If you don't want resource management, then use infinite ammo. What I did was to use specific ammo amounts per gun, but you would have a skill called "Reload" that would return your ammunition.

I think the concept would be interesting, but you would need a ton of variety when it comes to the guns because those are the only weapons you would use. Since pretty much all of my guns are based of their real life counterparts, I seperate them by caliber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_L7