Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Let's Make A Game by SoulPour777​
 ​
Note: This thread intends newbies to learn how to make a game in RPG Maker VX Ace. The links will direct you to some of my tutorials and possibly other people here in RPG Maker Web's works, tutorials, scripts and many others. Credits to those users, scripters, artists and developers that would also be mentioned here (I'll mention the usernames if ever I use someone's work) . Thank you very much. - SoulPour777
 ​

Let's help Sorata, shall we? So, when you start thinking, wow, I wanna make a game! Are there things I need to know when I want to make one? There is. Let me give you links that discusses something about Game Architecture.

Alele, what's this? Ryuunosuke-sama is giving an advice. That's right, he said RPG Maker VX Ace! So, let us give Sorata the basic things he should know in using RPG Maker, shall we? I'll link Sorata to some videos by SoulPour for using the basics of RPG Maker VX Ace. - Maid

Season 1

Introduction to RPG Maker VX Ace

Messaging

Game Progression

Control Switches

Loops and Labels

Common Events

Mining System

Change of Parameters

Season 2

Graphical Messaging

Platform Jumping

Trap Chests

Weather Condition

Whoah! Directly from Fujisaki-san's notes? He said there are good people out there in RPG Maker Web to help you! Anyways, here we go, if you have some questions, you just need to read the notes! - Maid

I. Texts and Graphics

(Minna-sama, do you have any more suggestions? Link me please! )

II. Mini Systems

III. Graphics

IV. Scripting for RGSS3 / RPG Maker VX Ace

Ehhhh? That's just it? - Maid
Of course not! SoulPour-kun will update this thread once he finds time! He'll find some good articles for Sorata-san! - Ryuunosuke Akasaka
 ​
(TO BE UPDATED ASAP)​

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yayy, glad you liked it.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Most of those characters are a bit cut off in their hair area but that is not the point of this thread.

I think this thread is probably best one so far on this site when it comes to teaching basics via linking to other stuff. Especially since you are the one who actually provides those tutorials behind them.

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
thanks. I'll continue updating this once I post new stuff.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's funny since RPG Maker VX is featured in the Anime, The Pet Girl of Sakurasou.

SakuraSouEP2.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to VX Ace Tutorials. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've moved this thread to VX Ace Tutorials. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
Sorry :) Thanks for moving my thread. Updated the thread with 4 new videos. Soon to update new articles and written / video tutorials. Thank you so much.

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
* UPDATED THE THREAD *

Added new tutorials and fixed the broken links!

DeckArd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm writing down basic game functions and notarizing various tutorials to give myself a ready information source when I start creating a game. I was wondering if you could explain the use of variable operation, in how it would be used in progressing a game. This was in episode 6 of your event handling tutorial at about 2:20. I really appreciate the videos too! Its daunting to boot up a program and realize you have no idea how to use it. Thank You!

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The variable operation lets you create different things, such as adding, subtracting, etc. These variables can be considered as list of variables on your game, they can be used to store variables that may affect the progress of your game as well. If you have any more question though, you can PM me in this forum so I can further explain it to you. I might be doing another series of tutorials this August, if I will be able to get a decent computer unit.

Skipper

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuania
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to disturb you, but none of the videos work. Can you please update the links or send them to me

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The member who created this topic is banned, thus won't be back to update the videos. As such, I'm closing this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.
I've noticed that more videos on YouTube have these segmented bookmark things in the videos themselves. It's nice being able to jump to parts of a video you want, and to have them all clearly labelled.
Why you do this? Now I have to buy the new RPG Maker xD
I've always dreaded planning for my games so I just didn't plan at all. That... didn't work out after all. :kaosigh:
Turns out it can be kind of fun if you keep the scope small and don't take it way too seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truyenchuthe