Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Header.png

♫ Valentine’s Day approaches, and love is in the air~. ♫. So Let’s Make a Scene! A cutscene that is.

Submission Dates (PST): Feb 2nd - Feb 21st, 11:59PM Pacific

Judging: Feb 22nd - 28th

●About●

Valentine’s day is here, and with it, time for your characters to share their feelings for each other… or maybe just conceal them badly! It’s time for the Let’s Make a Scene Contest: ♡Heart Edition♡!

So what does that mean: You get to make a cutscene celebrating romance, love, and all that goes along with it (that is still PG-13!)! Submit it as a 2-5 minute video for your chance to place among the prestigious top 3!

Cutscenes are a wonderful test of our sense of timing, visual mapping abilities, eventing skills, and our talents as writers! Be sure to think about how you can use each to make the best Valentine’s Cutscene possible~!

●Participation Prize●
  • A new event-badge
  • $5 Degica Shop Gift Code
●For winners●
  • A Special Event Badge
  • 1st Place: $20 Degica Shop Gift Code
  • 2nd Place: $15 Degica Shop Gift Code
  • 3rd Place: $10 Degica Shop Gift Code

●Details●

To be valid your entry must obey the following rules!
  1. Your cutscene must be made in an RPG Maker engine!
  2. Your cutscene must be submitted as a video. Formats accepted:
    1. A link to a Youtube video
    2. A link to the download of your video (please make sure your video doesn’t use obscure containers/codecs!)
  3. Your cutscene must be between 2 minutes and 5 minutes in length. (Note: Please try to keep your text speed readable!)
  4. Your cutscene must follow the theme of love, romance, or Valentine’s Day.
  5. You must have the rights to use any materials used in your video. You must also include an additional 3 second (not included as part of runtime) splash screen at the end of the video that includes the following:
    1. The RPG Maker logo of the engine used.
    2. A list of credits for any materials used.

●How to submit●

To submit your entry, post the link to your video on Youtube or as a download along with a list of credits for all resources used in the submission thread before the deadline.

●Terms and Conditions●
  • You may use resources and DLC sold in the RPG Maker Web store or via Steam.
  • You may only use user-created resources that are available for modification and commercial use. Proper copyrights and/or credits must be included in the entry.
  • You can use your own resources, but you must include copyrights and/or credits.
  • You may not create a cutscene that infringes on third party copyright or trademarks.
  • You reserve the right to delete your entry even if it has already been posted
  • You may edit your work and/or the description after posting up to the entry deadline (we may contact you for confirmation if the cutscene has changed significantly since the original posting).
  • Submissions including adult materials such as extreme violence and/or nudity will not be accepted.
  • Only one cutscene entry per person is allowed.
  • By submitting your cutscene, you agree to allow us to publish your entries with credits on our social media, youtube, and other video services for advertisement purposes.
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ahhhhh, this looks like so much fun!!!

I have a couple quick questions:
1. When you say one cutscene, does this mean the scene must only happen on one map and no switching to multiple small scenes, or does it simply mean one cutscene that runs from beginning to end in the 2-5 minute duration, but can include switching to different maps etc? (For example, can there be a scene in which starts with someone in their room, then fades in and out to an outdoor map where they look for their love or something?)
2. Would voice over be allowed? Like say I voice all the characters? (If not, I shall refrain and keep it read only)

This looks like a lot of fun, cutscenes are my favorite part in game development!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ahhhhh, this looks like so much fun!!!

I have a couple quick questions:
1. When you say one cutscene, does this mean the scene must only happen on one map and no switching to multiple small scenes, or does it simply mean one cutscene that runs from beginning to end in the 2-5 minute duration, but can include switching to different maps etc? (For example, can there be a scene in which starts with someone in their room, then fades in and out to an outdoor map where they look for their love or something?)
2. Would voice over be allowed? Like say I voice all the characters? (If not, I shall refrain and keep it read only)

This looks like a lot of fun, cutscenes are my favorite part in game development!
1. As long as it fits in the time restrictions, this is fine.
2. Voice is cool if you want to include it.

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
QUESTION! Can our entries be bitter, resentful, and misanthropic? I mean while still hewing to the theme of "romance".

Azurose

Mediocrity itself
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds very cute. I'm not super skilled in mapping or eventing yet, but this seems like a fun way to practice and let some creativity out.

Thanks for organizing this.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I personally recommend OBS. It's free and fairly easy to use. I myself use it to record gameplay footage!
Yeah, I use OBS. Free and super easy to use.
QUESTION! Can our entries be bitter, resentful, and misanthropic? I mean while still hewing to the theme of "romance".
Yep. As long as it is about love it's all good.
Are we allowed to submit team entries?
Yep, but prizes will just go to whoever submits. (I could probably do badges for multiple though).

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the tip!!! <3
Also for doing the splash screen at the end, it is super easy to just set it up as .png file in a separate scene in OBS, and just switch to it at the end of the cutscene. That way you don't have to try to splice it in a video editor.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just set it up as .png file in a separate scene in OBS, and just switch to it at the end of the cutscene
I was just wondering how I'd pull off the splash screen, but that's perfect! I can even use Streamlabs OBS so I can use the app to quickly switch to the image for a smoother transition between cutscene and splash screen.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also just realized that I don't think we have the logos hanging around anywhere. I'll grab them for people to use as soon as I can!

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks touchfuzzy.

chance of my participating just went up from 0% to over 2%--it's possible an idea for a cutscene that jives with my seething hatred of "valentine's day" (a holiday that was LITERALLY made up to sell candy) will come to me

Cootadude

Noob with exp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a perfect opportunity to try to write a good romance scene.
I'm no good at writing romance scenes so this will be a challenge..

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Probably would try this! :kaoslp:

Dama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have zero personal experience in this field, But I have ideas for a totally silly one. XD Don't know if I can have time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

0800d9e637692b8fe70e5bf0f8d410af.jpg

Im just gonna get a plugin or two....or five hundred.
MV/MZ dev: "I'll build an APK to run on Android mobile devices!"

Microsoft: "Here is the great news. Now you can play android apps on Windows 11!"
Work-in-progress dwarf character. Got him mostly there but he needs some earrings or hair jewellery.
TestChara-14.gif
I cant not for the life of me figure out where this bomb item comes from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkescythe