Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Romance isn't my strong point, but I have a few ideas that could probably work. I've hit a writer's block in my main game story anyways, maybe a small distraction like this one can help me get out of it.

Edit: Just to clarify, this is just a cutscene, right? Not capturing actual gameplay?

Update: Managed to create a scene for Valentine's!

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Romance isn't my strong point, but I have a few ideas that could probably work. I've hit a writer's block in my main game story anyways, maybe a small distraction like this one can help me get out of it.

Edit: Just to clarify, this is just a cutscene, right? Not capturing actual gameplay?
Yep

DaveTheArakin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya! I definitely want to give it a try. Also a question, are we allowed to draw and use our own art for the cutscenes?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Heya! I definitely want to give it a try. Also a question, are we allowed to draw and use our own art for the cutscenes?
Sure, as long as it's run through the engine, you could definitely use art in your cutscenes.

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the contest! :)

Is this contest an idea from the Japanese team at Kadokawa/GotchaGotchaGames or you guys at Degica?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the contest! :)

Is this contest an idea from the Japanese team at Kadokawa/GotchaGotchaGames or you guys at Degica?
Contest plans are almost always done at Degica and then presented to Gotcha Gotcha Games. (In this case, I was the lead on this one).

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you must include copyrights and/or credits following the entry template.
This sounds really fun! This is my first event but I'd really like to participate, but I can't seem to find the entry template mentioned in this rule?

Also, can we use programming, something like scripts or plugins to create special effects? (for example like weather) as long as it's made within the engine, and giving proper credit of course if using community plugins, or should we stick to the basic engine features? Either way it's fine for me, I'm just curious.

Looking forward to this!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This sounds really fun! This is my first event but I'd really like to participate, but I can't seem to find the entry template mentioned in this rule?

Also, can we use programming, something like scripts or plugins to create special effects? (for example like weather) as long as it's made within the engine, and giving proper credit of course if using community plugins, or should we stick to the basic engine features? Either way it's fine for me, I'm just curious.

Looking forward to this!

Oops. sorry that was from using another contest as the template to make this one, need to remove that. Don't worry about a specific template. Just link and then write your credits under. And yes, you can use anything as long as it is in engine and credited (and that you have the rights to use :p)

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So you get $5 just for participating and not actually being the top entries?
Sweet! I won't say no to easy money. =w=

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cool, I have a scene in one of my in-development projects I can use. It's a grand old cheese fest.

Also, if anyone is still needing recording software, Windows 10 has one already in it. It's called Window's Game Bar, and you press "Windows Key + G" to access it. The recording controls are in the top left.

Last edited:

GameDevMike2020

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have actually been working on honing my mapping and eventing skills lately, so whether I win or not, this feels like a great opportunity to test what I have learned in the field. :D

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It´s been a long time since the last time I did anything with RPG Maker, but I´m trying to come back, so I will definitely give it a try!

yournamehere

Had Matter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If anyone needs help with their ideas or dialogue, I'd be more than happy to help with editing or concept creation!! I have a screenwriting degree and have been writing books and stories for over a decade now.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is just what I need to put one of my ideas to use! It'll be a tragic love story...

STARFALL

Core of the Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A simple Question:
Can I upload my video to dropbox instead of YouTube?

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not good at coming up with stories but could use practice creating cutscenes. Would it be okay to use a cutscene to tell a [clean] joke love themed joke?

Last edited:

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Finally had a chance to go through the submitted entries, and... wow! There's a lot of talent in there. Just wanted to say, keep up the good job! I'm willing to see lots of more of those entries, and I'm sure everyone will agree :kaoluv:

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking forward to this. I'm about 90% done making my cutscene. I have to actually trim it back so it fits into the 5 min window. I guess I am more longwinded in storytelling than I thought.

Edit: It's done and on the submission page! Also took some "chill out time" and watched all the contest submissions thus far. Had some really unexpected laughs and surprises watching these. Some good story tellers here in our community!

Last edited:

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone submits! I can't be in this one due to IRL constraints, but that doesn't mean I can't watch the cut-scenes/videos!

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can the scene be about unrequited love?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)
Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeelsonT