Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks everyone! Badges and prizes will be sent out Monday!

Also, now that I'm done judging I can say: Every single time I watched the opening of KenKrath's entry the voice actors delivery of "AMALAZIA!" cracked me up. It's perfect.

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Our judges all were unanimously in agreement about the top 3 (though some of us placed them in different orders and we had to have discussion on that). All of them are fantastic.

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good stuff. Thanks for putting this contest out there and appreciate placing :). Congrats to the 1st and 2nd place winner.

:biggrin:

Thanks everyone! Badges and prizes will be sent out Monday!

Also, now that I'm done judging I can say: Every single time I watched the opening of KenKrath's entry the voice actors delivery of "AMALAZIA!" cracked me up. It's perfect.
Thanks!! I didn't find out about the contest until a week before it closed and we had to hustle and get everyone together to get this uploaded (we all live in different parts of the planet, LOL).

It was a great experience.

Azurose

Mediocrity itself
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aww, I was really proud of my entry.

Understandable though, these are really, really good. Congrats to the winners!

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Congratulations to the winners, and everyone who entered! :smile:

When I was watching some of the other submissions . . . I started to question if I had actually followed the rules, or not . . . I definitely had the most risqué submission, even though I opted not to submit the original where she was fully nude . . .

I had a lot of fun creating my submission, and watching everyone else’s. I really liked, fizzly’s submission . . . it was very sweet.

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Congrats to the winners! It was a fun experience :kaojoy:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
All medals and prizes SHOULD be sent out. If you did not receive one or the other (or both) please PM me so I can fix it :).

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Big shout out to all the participants and I also loved the 1st place winner submission. Also Kenwrath's submission makes me realize how much adding voice tracks to a dialog can really bring it up a level. I might need to make a budget to hire some voice actors now. :eswt:
I was happy and surprised to receive second place, but I want to say I enjoyed watching all the submissions and the various approaches each one used to tell a quick love story.

Let's do this again sometime!

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations to everyone who participated!

I had a blast watching everyone's entry, as well as working on mine.

Fitting everything under 5 minutes was the hardest challenge for me, I always ended up surpassing the time limit so I had to cut, rewrite and adjust a lot of stuff. It ended up shorter than I originally intended, but I learned a lot in the process, so it was very well worth it.

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Big shout out to all the participants and I also loved the 1st place winner submission. Also Kenwrath's submission makes me realize how much adding voice tracks to a dialog can really bring it up a level. I might need to make a budget to hire some voice actors now. :eswt:
I was happy and surprised to receive second place, but I want to say I enjoyed watching all the submissions and the various approaches each one used to tell a quick love story.

Let's do this again sometime!
Congrats to you on 2nd place. Thanks for liking the voice acting. A co-worker recommended I do voice overs when I showed him my project.

I just wanted to mention that even though I do hire my voice actors you really don't need a budget for voice overs. You will find folks out there who would be willing to do it for free and you'd be surprised at the talent of these folks. One of the actors who is complimented from time to time offered to do it for free. He also appeared on a major network TV show - so they're out there if you're willing to take the time to go through auditions and cast them.

I'm also making a video on "How to Screen Voice Actor for Beginners" for anyone that needs help on casting voice actors. Just need to publish it, lol.

Anyhow sorry for the long winded post.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fertrick