Let's Make a Scene: Sounds of Harmony - Winners!

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Twitter_en (1).png

A month ago our Let's Make a Scene: Sounds of Harmony event began, and now it is time for the winners!

First, we would like to thank everyone for participating. We enjoyed watching all of your cutscenes, and we hope that you had fun, and learned, in creating them.

But now, it is time for our winners. So let's hear it for them!

6283e982c92fb01033a81993_HaroldRTP-den399.png

6283e9b4276b884ff173f6f1_Lifetime-r66r.png

6283e9d487b90b7525b842be_DearHamona-Eliaquim.png

While these 3 may have come out on top, it was a joy to watch through all of your entries. We hope you all continue to work and grow as RPG Maker devs, and to see you in the next contest!

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Prizes: Degica Shop Coupon codes will be sent out tomorrow through the PMs on the site. The badges will be awarded as soon as we have them completed (apologies on the delay on those!)

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I really liked the scene within a scene. The one thing I think could have been improved is a bit better mapping on the mountain area.
Totally!
But when I saw the map, my strength was already gone xD
I knew it could make some difference, but I was already tired. It was nice to make anyway ^^

r66r

Fantasy dreamer... sometimes.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, that's an achievement! :kaopride:

It was really fun to participate and have the chance to compete against such talented and amazing creators. Congratulations to everyone who participated!

And thanks to the organizers... I'm already looking forward to the next challenge they will offer us.

Caboclo

Shaman
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Congratulations for R66n, Eliaquim, Den399 and all. I said I'd see they on the podium hahahha.

Last edited:

den399

Always be moving forward.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you to the organizers for this opportunity! It really helped with the current project I'm working on, and I've learnt a lot of things which I'm ashamed to say I've taken for granted up till the competition (and I'm not only talking about the dictionary definition of cutscene). It has been a great pleasure throughout!

As a long time lurker who only recently decided to join the forums, I am honoured to have been a part of this challenge =) That 3 week period where submissions were constantly coming in was like receiving packages from the post: super exciting! And watching everyone's entries and how they applied their creativity was a joy to behold. I'm really excited and hope to see more from everyone's future projects! XD

@Eliaquim
Totally!
But when I saw the map, my strength was already gone xD
I knew it could make some difference, but I was already tired. It was nice to make anyway ^^
It's good that you are aware, but if it's any consolation: I didn't notice anything wrong with the mountains at all (and I've watched it several times when trying to make sure my player wasn't hanging at the end) XD All I noticed was the amazing memory box. Before you explained how you did it, it was like watching sorcery/advanced js (in a good way!) XD

Last edited:

r66r

Fantasy dreamer... sometimes.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
dang... i am not good at making cutscenes....
You don't have to think like that. It's not that you're not good at it, it's just that you still have a lot of room for improvement! And I am well placed to say so. During the "Touch the Stars Gam Jam" last summer, I was more likely to touch the abyss of the ranking than the stars! But it taught me a lot, and today I'm proud to have reached this point.

By the way, I really liked your scene (mapping, fairy atmosphere, little jokes...) but maybe you were missing the "little extra" to be on top. However, without knowing on what criteria the judges made their choice, it's hard to say what was missing. So keep moving forward, and one day...

Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you for your nice words! *-*
i really had fun making that map and i think i will work a little bit more on that one. but it will be a very short one because i still have another game which i have to finish... :wink:

hmmm..... i wonder when we will see the mentioned video....

misterdovah

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
congratulation to you three! ^-^
dang... i am not good at making cutscenes.... :rolleyes:
We have things to learn, I hope we can share more of our works here. I am proud of my scene, it was better than I expected. In this moment, those scene filled the reqs for this contest, but it does not mean the others are bad scenes. I saw really crazy stuffs that I would love to learn.
C ya in the next challenge. :ptea:

Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when will we see the stream from the winners? ^-^

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made a menu option that pulls a (accurate) version of the world map from my game instead of having a "traditional" world map. How did I do?

1656552400614.png

..Every time after I edit it and repost it I find a new tiny error I made. :kaodes:
1656550526125.png
Town Design is the best part of an RPG. Well, that and dungeon design
I think that this forum's member posts should include their Phone Number and Social Insurance Number.
My PC just broke with everything I've been working on, on it. I can't afford to replace it. Life is just wonderful....
More musics! Praise be to the winter towns!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenht17