Let's Plays by Toaofgames

Toaofgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
Hello everybody, and welcome to my Let's Play thread. I'm hoping to try out some RPG Maker games here for you and give some feedback on them. I accept both completed games and demos.

First thing's first: I have actually never done this before, so I'm kind of a novice. But I have wanted to try this our for quite some time, so I'm full of excitement. :)

I'm going to be honest with the review of your game, so I won't hesitate to point out any flaws I find, but at the same time I also look for the good things your game has to offer and then produce a balanced review with both pros and cons receiving equal attention. I want the reviews to be constructive, but also fun! I would also love to hear your opinions on my LP style and hear about any improvements I could make as a commentator.

My goal is to post one video per week, since I see that as the most appropriate pace for myself. This can change according to real life distractions. I generally aim at completing the games I start, but I may quit playing them if circumstances so dictate (impossible to complete, don't know where to go next, lack of time etc). I will only rotate three LP's at a time, but I will put any new requests onto the waiting list until I am done with a previous game.

Lastly, if you want to help my channel grow, please subscribe. It would be much appreciated. :)

Let's Play's in progress

1. Demon Hunter by Fernyfer775

2. Machine Made: Rebirth by Allsvin

3. Finding Chibae by Chibae

Waiting list

Empty - feel free to suggest games for me to play!

Done Let's Plays

Black: In progress

Yellow: Halted temporarily

Red: Stopped playing

Green: Finished

Last edited:

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You do DEMOs? If so I'm always looking for honest feedback. Besides I really enjoy watching people's reaction to my game (signature). Maybe you could give it a try :3? It's a visual novel kinda game, I dunno if it will be a little too much for your first LP though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello! My game has been "completed" for about a week now, and hopefully bug-free and I'm looking for some feedback on things such as game-balance, story, etc. 

It would be awesome to get some more insight on how my project turned out. If you're interested, it's an adventure RPG with a "pet capture" element to it.

Here's the link:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/26154-demon-hunter/

Thanks for your time.

Toaofgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
Looking forward to playing and reviewing all of these games :)

Also yes, I do accept demos, and won't mind different styles of games. On the contrary, I like variety.

Toaofgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
First episode of Let's Play Miraculo Island is up! I'm sort of trying to find my voice in this first video and the sound is slightly blurry, but at least the game seems fun so far. :)

Also, near the beginning the screen goes nuts for a few seconds. That's just me messing up with the program.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, that was a nice first LP! Better than expected, actually! Thanks for trying the game out :p Even though a bit laggy at times (menus T.T), the game seems to run fairly smooth on your end.

I uploaded the LP to http://rpgmaker.net/games/7195/media/2910/ as it's very clean and lag free. Also to help you out a bit >o<

Can't wait too see the rest :) Keep it up!

Toaofgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
@Kyuukon: Thank you for the encouraging words. :)

Two new LP videos up!

Ethernet Odyssey: The game is weird in a funny sort of way, but could definitely use some more work in places. I'll keep playing it though and give some more feedback along the line.

Demon Hunter: Quite an engaging game so far. Didn't get far yet, but looking forward to continuing it.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm glad you are finding the game to be intriguing. You make a great point about not being able to use your own bed, and I chuckled to myself when you mentioned it, but you'll see when/if you continue to play why it won't matter much soon. :p

I'm really looking forward to seeing the next episode, thank you so much for your LP! :D

EliteZeon

Third-Rate Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you still taking requests?

My game is still in the extreme early stages, and right now I only have the first roughly 30 minutes of gameplay uploaded. I would love to see your reactions and feedback for my project. It's still filled with a good amount of mistakes and a handful of things that I might want to change for this segment though.

I'll really love it if you could give this one a go:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/35294-4runes-legend-of-the-void-new-upload-available/

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Toa, did you look at the manual for my game? There's a lot of really important stuff in there. I'll certainly have in game reference material added at a later date.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game prologue, Rance - World's End, is looking for a few LPers.

If you're looking for a challenging game that will test your reaction time and RPGs skills with four custom starting skills and a story towards a mature audience, the game is for you.

I give either one CS:GO key or $2 USD paypal for any streamer that can complete the game on hard mode either tactical or fast paced mode.

The duration of the game is about 1.30 hours for an experienced player.

The version 2.34 is now up, which features new skills, the Thunder and Fire Elements for Sill and the Rance starting Spec, The Executioner

Are you up for the challenge?

http://rpgmaker.net/games/7118/

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/30971-rance-worlds-end/

Toaofgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
@EliteZeon: Request taken, I will try out your game soon.

@BlackLiquidSorrow: I actually didn't even realize there was a manual. By the time I read it though, I had already learned most of the things through gameplay, as you will see in the LP video.

@Fisherolol: Wow, a reward? Well, I will certainly give it a go.

Two new LP's up!

This game is becoming more and more interesting, and I'm really liking the humor it features.

This video actually ends with a glitch. Before I can continue this game, the glitch should be fixed.

Toaofgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
New LP's!

Brace yourself for plenty of Pokemon references in this video. Even so, the game is very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to continue it.

I was impressed by how good this is regardless of being in its early developmental stage. I didn't realize it while recording, but I'm probably near the end of the demo if it's only half an hour.

This game is very complicated and difficult, but I haven't given up yet. However, I encountered a glitch two times, which is quite troublesome. An update to fix it would be nice.

EliteZeon

Third-Rate Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for trying out my project!

I'm using a mix of Hand Drawn and Digital Artwork for the cinematics, hand drawn then colored digitally, or done entirely digitally... (eh it depends on my mood tbh)

Also, yea I plan on sharing this game with my friends who don't have RPGMaker or tried those games, so I made tutorials as in depth as possible.

Yea you're pretty close to the end now I'd say no more than 5-10 minutes (still a good chunk of stuff though! Expect 1 possible battle glitch soon, which I have no idea how to fix) The next area you are about to touch might get some cinematic changes in future versions, but other than that, I feel like the Chapter you are in is pretty much done.

I should go and investigate those errors and such now. Then start working on Chapter 2 more.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
If you are still open for requests, I'd like to put my game, Flip Dimensions, on the table. Just be warned that Chapter 3 is pretty unpolished as it's just been uploaded.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That was another enjoyable LP. This being my first major RPG MAKER game, I made the noob mistake of making the intro sooooooo long and text heavy. After watching the LP I realized that next time I really need to cut back on the front loading of information.

As for changing your demons, you can switch them out whenever you want by going into your Menu and then selecting "Formation". Also another thing I noticed: Accessories, like the Ring that you found in the forest can't be equipped with the "optimize" feature, you have to manually equip them by clicking on the slot itself and then selecting them item.

Either way, I'm really glad you're enjoying the game so far. The game really picks up the pace at and after the first Legion encounter, which you are well on your way towards. :D

Looking forward to seeing the next video.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for pointing out that glitch! I'll try to fix it tomorrow!

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its already fixed, you should have checked the updates today

l will check if its another issue and edit my message if necessary

yeah, the dying on debuff is fixed, it didn't occured for me playing the whole game twice (with a skill setup that doesnt do debuff, obviously) and then it happened to my tester,

then l spent all the resources with the author of the script today to find the problem, it wasn't a stack too deep really, the problem was on the script itself.

shame that my luck is so low at bug finding.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll also add more details in the background, they'll be marked with a special icon so you know you can interact with them!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!
>What's your avatar about? Is it yours?
I did not do that drawing. It's a screenshot taken from a comic featuring characters from Touhou such as Tenshi and Iku (the girl in the avatar). It's drawn by someone under the name of Yohane.
Link to the comic (SFW, but navigating around Dynasty Reader is NSFW)
Progress on my game is nearly done, so I figured I show you guys the title screen. I hope you like it!
Title Screen.png
Does this ever happen to anyone?: your making a battle sprite [or any sprite] then when you mess something up you then see it as something diff, then working with it? its hard to say in words but it happens to me all the time
found out how to change pfp, literally there's a hidden thingy on the bottom of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beauty143