nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought most people already knew this.
if it didn't cause confusion this whole thread wouldn't have happened. so indeed it caused confusion.
It's what happens when you don't specify the use case.

I don't think anyone there would need a backlash because 99% of the plugins devs in this thread got confused.

Also, it's will be my on a touch of the harsh artist :
If you post something and you get criticized because it provoked an uproar or confusion don't get mad. a studio / artist whatever have to expect those things. Not all is praise.

I may have been harsh in my word but as I said to the studio directly I apologized because it took me and many people by surprises.

Especially yes it's said in the TOS but it's wasn't announced clearly and TBH it's preferable I took the shot there than wait MULTIPLE months that someone discovers it or the studio went with a cease and desist on a plugin dev. (don't expect a user to read TOS half of the people wouldn't it's the internet)

then the thing would have gone ugly....and when I say ugly this would have been way way harsher than some comment it would have been said in this thread.

Trust me this make everything way painless for the both end.

Regardless I am happy it was clarified and that now we can avoid stupid drama explosion who involve Legal issue.

as I said to the twitter I will try to support the studio when it come to it.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In said clause it doesn't state selling it as the limiter. So could you clarify the following scenario:

To make a compatibility patch for a function where one needs to extend functionality within the function itself, and where simply "aliasing" (or extending it) isn't sufficient to maintain functionality, thus having to copy the function but make changes to it. Does this count as "copying the code"? And does one need permission even if the patch is completely non-commercial?
All of VisuStella's Core plugins, there will be JS entries placed with in the Plugin Parameters to "extend" functions in. This is so that the extra steps of needing to ask permission can be avoided if it's just for personal project use.

Also I just have to say this,

Please also bear in mind that VisuStella is not RPG Maker's official plugin outlet nor was it advertised as one. It's not our responsibility to make sure your plugins are compatible with ours, sorry. If it's a problem. You are more than welcome to make your own plugins that do the same thing. I have no idea why a thread dedicated to our ToU was even made when we could've been just asked directly.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea why a thread dedicated to our ToU was even made when we could've been just asked directly.
Im sure it was because it was confusing and they wanted community support to help understand it better.

Annnnd since its been resolved (to my understanding), i personally think it should be closed to prevent further misunderstandings.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Im sure it was because it was confusing and they wanted community support to help understand it better.

Annnnd since its been resolved (to my understanding), i personally think it should be closed to prevent further misunderstandings.
Again, instead of posting in public and presenting it like this, they could've just asked us and we would've clarified and even make a video to explain. (nevermind that we are a studio that existed around XP times)

I'm going to close this because it has become ridiculous. For people who are truly worried and interested in expanding our plugins that seriously needed to copy a function, I will leave this here:
1597348709742.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi