ShiraCheshire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone here played "It's not me, it's my basement"? It's an RPG Maker game I stumbled across recently. It's very short and simple, but I really enjoyed it a lot!

Does anyone else really love that feeling of coming across some tiny weird game like that, never knowing if you're about to discover a hidden gem or if there's going to be nothing but bugs under that rock?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First of all, if you haven't joined any RPG Maker discord servers for casual talk, then you missed a lot. There are a lot of servers to pick :D

I'm not sure if we are allowed to promote them.
But at least there is the official one made by the dev

Go hop in.

FighterBlade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen
This is made for people who can't access discord.
Also, they should add a tag that's just RPG, I had to add all the tags that had RPG in them, also add a tag that's just Memes.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Umbrals Souls is a great RPG Maker game. It is the only one I've ever almost finished!

Wheelman is good human.

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I racked up on the Autum sale.

RPG Maker:

Alone: Recode - Currently playing this between DragonQuest 11. It's the newest RM game released that hit the required buttons for me for RM games which are Decent mapping, Fantasy/Medieval, non Sexual content, no spelling errors on store page. So far it is definitely going into the thumbs up category. It's different though, it has a very smaller scale than traditional RPG's, but they do it in a way that its a good thing. Anothr interesting part is it has very little writing for such a complex/confusing game opening. It has A LOT to explain, but he does not rush it at all. It's pretty cool so far.

Trials of Guinevere (Been wanting to play this one for ages, just never had time)
The Tale of a Common Man - Made by same Dev who made Undefeated. Now granted, I can't say I really liked Undefeated, but it did start off very well and am interested to see if the dev improved or not.
Beyond Reality - I usually don't play sci-fi RPG Maker games or short ones (under 20 hours), but the screenshots of the mapping look polished and the trailer showed interesting writing.
Valient: Resurrection - I was almost about to swipe left on this one, until I saw near the end of games screenshots that beautiful world map and flying on dragons! Jeez dev, lead with your best images first man! Someone needs a lesson in marketing lol. That lead me to the reviews and all agree its a very good story (even the negative reviews).

AAA:
Assassins Creed Oddysy
Jedi, Return of Fallen
Tales of Arise (will play next probably)
Divinity II
Atilla (Charlemagne addon)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ysh_titanic