Lets talk about the weather.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm in the plains in late January so it's pretty cold. My grandpa had a saying "The days get longer; winter gets stronger."

This last week we had a few nice days. It got up to about 50ºF in the afternoon and I went for a walk in the first time for a while. It's around 40°F right now so not too bad, but it's still cold enough that it's a stay inside and work on games type of weather. We've been in the single digits for a while, so despite my grandpa's saying, it might be getting nicer. The Nebraskan winter lasts long into early April though, so this week could just be an anomaly. What's the weather like for you?

I searched for an existing weather thread, but the most recent one was from 2014.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Up by Detroit. It has been unusually warm lately and with lots of rain. The fog has been so thick that I haven't been able to see past my porch for three days in a row. We've been trying not to drive anywhere. I cannot get past this fog gate. 

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Portland oregon received a ton of snow that we haven't seen the likes of since 9 yrs ago. Rain is nice though, washes away snow quickly. So crazy that the summers here have up to 100F heat waves, but it can still snow in winter.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I live in Florida lol, it gets up to 80 something.... It's around 70 now, but the rain's killing me, and leaving the house is a hazard since it'll rain, then stop, rain then stop, so pretty much your poor body doesn't know what to think XD.

Reapergurl

Drummer Extraordinaire! xD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
Great Plains of USA, Kansas...

A township of Wichita by the name of Derby.

South by Southeast of the Main City...but the weather is little different than up north, in @mogwai 's Nebraska.

It actually got to 54 F today...the winds are chilly but nothing unusual...if you're out in the sun, it's quite warm...yeah...not for me...I can even get sunburns in the winter (and I HAVE before...)  :headshake:

But just to think, in a few more months, Spring comes and with it, for this part of the so-called 'great' country, the beginning of Tornado Season.

I know the perils and fear-inducing presence of these weapons of Aelita firsthand; I was four when our house was hit by an F1.

Though the house was ninety-four percent intact (just some minor repairs), the huge, one-hundred and fourteen year-old Oak Tree and the clubhouse I loved to hide from bad kids in was gone, ripped out from the roots...of all the times I had a major cry, this was in the top three worst.

It's not the only time I had met up with Aelita's Rage.

I was twelve when a storm blew in as I walked home from a friend's house after the sun had set; the sirens were not working and no one had any warning, not enough visible light could illuminate the skies to show the telltale signs, but I knew as I was no more than a half-mile from my home that there was something off, and not three seconds later, the mighty b-tch dropped right on top of me. I didn't even have time to duck and cover.

Thankfully, a secondary drift pulled me away from the fast moving funnel, and it was only then that the sirens started working (culprit being a slow working backup generator), but that was after the F3 had torn apart no less than five structures, and tried to take me with it.

I was madder than Hell, and cursed Aelita's name.

Two years later, to the day, after I got out of Juvi (I won't get into it but I was framed for a local convenience store robbery), I had to walk home (which wasn't the worst-it wasn't too far), another storm was rolling in, and just as I came out of the tunnel, a massive F4 dropped right on top of me, and this time, the surface of the ground below me was asphalt, so there was no chance of a secondary draft. The damage path took me with it, and yes, I mean off the ground a considerable distance. All I could do was keep my eyes closed, and use my arms to feel for perilous debris. I had to remain calm, though even back then, I wasn't worried about dying; home life was lackluster and loveless but...I knew that this would be a silly way to go.

So, I decided to prove to Aelita that she was being stupid by tormenting me, and I persevered. Eventually, a massive piece of drywall came flying at me, and I used it to propel myself away from the funnel.

So, if one should ever see me walking 'funny'...

I fell from the funnel a good ten feet and broke fibula and tibia in both legs. Also, my left hip splintered and never healed completely. I'll likely develop osteoporosis or something like that by the time I turn forty (which is not too far away).

Oh, who is Aelita? She's the Governess of Wind, and has since that time, not messed with me.

Though, I've seen five tornadoes in person since then...no harm has come my way...at least, not from her.

lol...I just thought of someone I'd love to see Aelita completely demolish...but I won't discuss it.

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We've had some incredibly bipolar weather this winter in Calgary. It'll alternate from 5C (41F for you Americans) to -25C (-14F) back to 5C seemingly every other week. We seem to be out of the worst of it though, we've had temperatures above freezing for most of this week and it looks like that'll be continuing into the next little while. I was actually able to clear all the snow off my deck and have it dry by the next day last weekend. Have ended up BBQing twice since then, and doing a third time again tonight.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can't really complain, temperatures went a bit downer than usual, from 6 C to -6 C, but that was just a short cold episode in Gironde (French area of Bordeaux). By end week should be fine, back to proper 6-12 C and here to stay, at least till end of Feb. And usually spring start showing up mid march.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Husband has roped me into playing one of his PSO2 characters. Productivity is now negative.
Tileset A is lava! Don't burn D:
as MZ come out what you guys think about.....Some particles engine :3c?
Who wants to sing this song with me?~

Decided to submit my games to the Monday Night Stream. Figured it might be a fun way to get some traction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavaWave