Lets talk RM3 PS2

FighterBlade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That game's art is wonderful, Drawn 3 & 4 are my favorite, they give off serious anime vibes, the "Prince Good" character art is my favorite. The con for the good character art, is the way too realistic character models, not in a good way, they totally clash with every art style asset, none of the portraits look like the character models, so you'll end up with a prince character with long hair in his portrait but short hair on his model, and the only male character with the same hairstyle as the Prince Good character I was hyping up for is the Warrior, who's half naked, Also speaking of characters, there can only be 100 characters, In total, counting main characters, and different outfits and ages for characters.

Last edited:

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
RM3 is too limiting for me. Like I do like the UI for its organization, it's simplistic, artistic and easy to navigate but the portrait and model choices along with the placement limits on a map are ... lacking.

Now RM2... increases in difficulty but the freedom is much more :D

FighterBlade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RM3 is too limiting for me. Like I do like the UI for its organization, it's simplistic, artistic and easy to navigate but the portrait and model choices along with the placement limits on a map are ... lacking.

Now RM2... increases in difficulty but the freedom is much more :D
I couldn't even get anything working, not even a simple cutscene, I hate how events are now scripts, I get the extra freedom, but on a Playstation, I prefer RM1 and 3.

Edit: RM2 even looks like a PC program, and I think they should've just turned it into 3D RM on PC.

Last edited:

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I started working with RM2 again in this past few months. Took a few tutorials posted via GameFaqs or YT tutorials, and of course Trial & Error, but I finally got some cutscenes and things made. Starting area has a StarGate-like portal (or did, I changed the shape now) with the water-like surface :p

Cutscenes are a bit of a pain especially when you have other events in the area (like candles) that you want active before the cutscene... but EnterMap scripts and AutoRun events don't allow the animations to play first lol. I don't think they thought of parallel events back then :p So gotta do some jenky work-arounds for now.

FighterBlade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In RM1 AutoRun wasn't even a thing, there were only "Opening Events" which doesn't let you use dialogue boxes, though they did have "Pass Over" cause move Route won't let you select other events, Only the event, or the player, none else.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Makes you really appreciate the people who made the newer iterations of RPG Maker....

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orhez