yamakoku

Worldbuilding Addict
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I installed Yanfly's Extended Message Pack plugin, and i can't hear the letter sounds. I want to have my characters have the iconic beeping sounds that come with messages in classic RPGs, but they just won't work. Help?
For a bit of context, i am using the default settings for the plugin, using message boxes, and i also have the other Extended Message Pack 2, the regular Message Plugin, and the Core Plugin, all from Yanfly.

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't exactly give much help if you don't provide some screenshots or either your message with the commands, perhaps you mispelled your sound effect in the plugin manager, or maybe on the message itself you did typed something wrongly.

yamakoku

Worldbuilding Addict
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't exactly give much help if you don't provide some screenshots or either your message with the commands, perhaps you mispelled your sound effect in the plugin manager, or maybe on the message itself you did typed something wrongly.
The plugin says you turn on letter sounds by using the "EnableLetterSound" plugin command, so that's what i'm doing. And it can't be a misspelling of the sound effect name because you select it from the list of sound files.
The messages are:
"Hey! \w[30]Hey! \w[30]Heyyyy!"
"Are you looking for...\w[30]\fi Some stuff?"

The only commands in those are the italic font commands and wait commands. And it also doesn't work with other messages in the past.

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I recreated everything in a blank project and worked for me, the only thing that could be bothering its the sound itself, is from the default sounds or a custom? did you try changing it? Sometimes MV does not play custom sounds properly.

yamakoku

Worldbuilding Addict
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I recreated everything in a blank project and worked for me, the only thing that could be bothering its the sound itself, is from the default sounds or a custom? did you try changing it? Sometimes MV does not play custom sounds properly.
It is the "Cursor1" sound. It is a default sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.
Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr