Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can it be adjusted to work with party average lvl? and i mean the main 4 not the ones in reserve

lohenien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
It would be easy, I'm not in ACE atm but I can give you an idea of what to do: Figure out how to check if a character is in the main party (pretty sure it's in one of the pages for conditional branches) . If they are in the party then add their level to a variable. Once you have found all the party members and added their level, you then take the average.

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To expand briefly on lohenien's post, make sure when you add their level to the variable, that you also are adding 1 to another variable each time to give you the total number of actors contributing to the average, which in turn gives you the number to divide the total level amount by.

Like:

if Actor(002) is in Party

> Variable [Party Level Total] += Actor(002)'s Level

> Variable [Party Size] += 1

if Actor(003) is in Party

> Variable [Party Level Total] += Actor(003)'s Level

> Variable [Party Size] += 1

(after this is finished for all possible party members...)

Variable [Party Level Total] /= Variable [Party Size]

Narlix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Hello! i'm a beginner at this and i was wondering what DM stands for in the: Force action: [DM], etc......

lohenien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
When you use force action you need to choose a character or enemy that is "using" the action, in this case DM is the (D)ungeon (M)aster character that I use for testing purposes. Any character could be used to force the skill use because their skill does not have any variables that use character stats.

CWells

Storyteller/Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So what would this sound like in a sentence to a non-computer? Pardon me if that sounds stupid or snobbish but I just want to learn how to think like the program when reading certain functions while I make events and maybe just maybe learn a little scripting myself:

What is it saying in your common event where you have the conditional branch variable random== 0 sandwiched in a loop? Why did you loop this inside of the conditional branch of the variable random== >1?

Is it supposed to be breaking it back down to 0 after calculating character levels?

I wanted to add something for anyone who tries to use this trick. Be sure to have it placed before any other special events in a battle. Make sure if you want other common events to function that may affect characters or enemies that you have the level scale event occur first.

I just spent 15 minutes figuring out why the level scale common event was blocking my other event, which was set to change an enemy state, from working properly. Have the level scale occur first then on the next page, do whatever you planned normally and everything should work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos