OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone, I have been gone for so long but now I am back.

I have this idea but I am not sure if it's possible. Is there a way to level sync characters in special dungeons temporarily for specific key side story points? like for instance the entire party is level 50 and the dungeon is a level 35 required dungeon, is there a way to make the entire party level sync to level 35 for the time they are in the dungeon and when they leave their levels go back to their original(Lvl50)?

Skills don't need to be removed, so if you have a level 50 skill, you will still have it when you level sync. I figure that would make things easier.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey everyone, I have been gone for so long but now I am back.

I have this idea but I am not sure if it's possible. Is there a way to level sync characters in special dungeons temporarily for specific key side story points? like for instance the entire party is level 50 and the dungeon is a level 35 required dungeon, is there a way to make the entire party level sync to level 35 for the time they are in the dungeon and when they leave their levels go back to their original(Lvl50)?

Skills don't need to be removed, so if you have a level 50 skill, you will still have it when you level sync. I figure that would make things easier.
You could probably event it by capturing the various levels of your active party members into variables, reduce the levels (which would unlearn skills!) with event commands, and returning the levels once they have exited the dungeon also via event commands.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, you can actually. Variables are able to store game data such as the current EXP of an actor. Praise be to the variables!

Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As others have said, variables. In one of my older projects, I had level synch on some characters, so when you get them, their level isn't too high or too low.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hmm, alright I am starting to see now, thanks for the tips, will tackle this when I get home.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another camping area.
I just found out somebody pirated my 3,99$ game. I spent over a year making it and somebody just publish it for free a week after early access released.

I should be glad, cuz if they pirate you, that means your game has to be good, but im not. I barely sold any copy. Didn't get any info from most of the sites I wrote.
So I'm hoping that I get an MRI on my knee soon, but until then, I'm on a prescription dosage of ibuprofen. It's definitely helping, but my knee is still hurting and occasionally locks up. The urgent care doctor was convinced it's a meniscus tear due to it locking, and said that if it is, I'll need surgery. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcm90