Level up each stat individually?

Ganucci

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the game I'm currently working on there are no battles, only competitions that involve each parameter. I've also changed the parameters to as follows:

Attack is now Speed
Defense is now Power
M.Attack is now Dig
M.Defense is now Jump
Agility is now Beauty

Actors also don't have overall levels, but rather individual levels for each parameter. In this game there are competitions based on each parameter type such as Races for Speed and Strength Competitions for Power. When an actor wins a competition I'd like them to gain a point towards a parameter. Once they get enough points, I'd like them to level up just that parameter and thus it becomes higher.

I am using SumRndmDde's Copy Actors. I feel that might be important to know because each actor will obviously have their own unique parameters and you can also "capture" multiple of each actor, but I don't want them all sharing the same parameters (like if I catch enemy A1 and then catch the same type of enemy, A2, then when A1 levels up their Speed stat, it shouldn't effect A2's Speed stat.)

At this point I understand I can use variables and common events to keep track of the points for each stat, but I can't wrap my head around how to implement them in a way that will be personal to each actor.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well since it's involving this plugin, I cannot sure if I can help you, because I don't know how it works.

But I think you can use $gameActors.actor(ID).addParam(param, value); (to add a param)
0 - mhp / 1 - mmp / 2 - atk / 3 - def / 4 - mat / 5 - mdf / 6 - agi / 7 - luk

Ganucci

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well since it's involving this plugin, I cannot sure if I can help you, because I don't know how it works.

But I think you can use $gameActors.actor(ID).addParam(param, value); (to add a param)
0 - mhp / 1 - mmp / 2 - atk / 3 - def / 4 - mat / 5 - mdf / 6 - agi / 7 - luk
I completely understand how to add and subtract parameters. My issue is I need to figure out how I can make each parameter have its own level so that when an Actor does a Race they get one point towards their Speed stat. Then let’s say after 3 points they level up their Speed stat and it goes from 30 to 40. I know how to add 10 to the speed stat, but everything prior I’m a bit lost with.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. Let's see if I get it now ^^''

I think you can implement an Exp System for each actor, via variables.
If variable 1 gets 100 XP > then parameter X has leveled up! (so you add the parameter).
The problem is doing that for each actor and each status can be a lot of work.

So I think you can try to use an array, like this:
$gameVariables.setValue(ID, [null, param 1, param 2, param 3, param 4, param 5]);
1 - Attack is now Speed
2 - Defense is now Power
3 - M.Attack is now Dig
4 - M.Defense is now Jump
5 - Agility is now Beauty

So you can make each variable to each actor.
And can check the exp value from each parameter, like:
$gameVariables.value(ID)[1] - Will return the exp points for this actor's parameter.
$gameVariables.value(ID)[1] += 30 - Add 30 xp points for param 1.

But you will have to use the script call for that.

Something like that... But sure making a plugin for that will be much better. If anyone helps you, maybe I could give it a try, but I'm occupied now =/

Ganucci

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. Let's see if I get it now ^^''

I think you can implement an Exp System for each actor, via variables.
If variable 1 gets 100 XP > then parameter X has leveled up! (so you add the parameter).
The problem is doing that for each actor and each status can be a lot of work.

So I think you can try to use an array, like this:
$gameVariables.setValue(ID, [null, param 1, param 2, param 3, param 4, param 5]);
1 - Attack is now Speed
2 - Defense is now Power
3 - M.Attack is now Dig
4 - M.Defense is now Jump
5 - Agility is now Beauty

So you can make each variable to each actor.
And can check the exp value from each parameter, like:
$gameVariables.value(ID)[1] - Will return the exp points for this actor's parameter.
$gameVariables.value(ID)[1] += 30 - Add 30 xp points for param 1.

But you will have to use the script call for that.

Something like that... But sure making a plugin for that will be much better. If anyone helps you, maybe I could give it a try, but I'm occupied now =/
Thanks for the help and advice!

I’m still a bit confused on how to make sure the game is able to constantly make new arrays and variables as new actors are captured and new copies are made. Does that make sense?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the help and advice!

I’m still a bit confused about how to make sure the game is able to constantly make new arrays and variables as new actors are captured and new copies are made. Does that make sense?
You will have to study about arrays and objects in javascript. Basically, you can add a new array like this:
let actors = [Harold]
actors.push[therese]
actors // will result [Harold, Therese]

Ganucci

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will have to study about arrays and objects in javascript. Basically, you can add a new array like this:
let actors = [Harold]
actors.push[therese]
actors // will result [Harold, Therese]
Got it. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Thanks for all the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You guys want more tutorials? Well not only are we doing new video tutorials with Driftwood, we've also brought in two contributing authors for the blog to get a new tutorial every week! First one here from @Avery
https://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/tutorial-mapping-interior/

Next week we'll get something from @hiddenone
Husband has roped me into playing one of his PSO2 characters. Productivity is now negative.
Tileset A is lava! Don't burn D:
as MZ come out what you guys think about.....Some particles engine :3c?
Who wants to sing this song with me?~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavaWave