alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if there was away to have someone level up friendship with another character to gain them as a party memeber like through quests or something?

OpheliaEnigma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
of course!
To do that, I would look into the engine's "variables". The engine has variables that can be defined/changed/checked through event commands. You can increase a variable by 1 each time the player completes a certain quest or a certain battle. Then, on another event (maybe when talking to the recruitable character), we can check if the variable is equal or higher to a certain minimum affinity value :)

Maybe what I am saying is too confusing... Don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubt!

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
of course!
To do that, I would look into the engine's "variables". The engine has variables that can be defined/changed/checked through event commands. You can increase a variable by 1 each time the player completes a certain quest or a certain battle. Then, on another event (maybe when talking to the recruitable character), we can check if the variable is equal or higher to a certain minimum affinity value :)

Maybe what I am saying is too confusing... Don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubt!
Okay I would have to see that written out and would I make that a common event?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
actually its much simpler

have the person event have multiple pages (minimum two) that are conditioned to a variable "friendship with X". The first page(s) are responses when the friendship is low, the last page is conditioned to a higher friendship value and offers jouning the party.

then have different quests and situations throughout the game rise or detract from the friendship variable.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
actually its much simpler

have the person event have multiple pages (minimum two) that are conditioned to a variable "friendship with X". The first page(s) are responses when the friendship is low, the last page is conditioned to a higher friendship value and offers jouning the party.

then have different quests and situations throughout the game rise or detract from the friendship variable.
I have a quest Journal from Galv but i don't know how to work that into this

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't.

You just +1 to the variable every time you do something that's going to increase the friendship.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't.

You just +1 to the variable every time you do something that's going to increase the friendship.
That's what's confusing me how it would be set up

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you have events where you do something in your game.
you decide which events will add to the friendship, and then add a control variable command to increase it into the event code of whatever else is going on with those events

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Explain your idea. What do you have to do to build the relationship?

As an example ...

Page 1 of NPC - no conditions. NPC asks you to go get something for them. Turn on self switch A.
Page 2 of NPC - conditioned by self switch A. NPC asks if you have the item. If you have it, you give it to them (by removing the item from inventory). Variable = 1. NPC asks you to deliver something to someone else.
Page 3 of NPC - conditioned by variable >= 1. NPC asks if you've delivered it. If you have (turn on a switch on the event/NPC you deliver it to, then check here if the switch is on), Variable = 2.

And so on.

On the final page that has +1, have them join your party, then turn on one more self switch, and add a new page conditioned by that self switch with no image and no commands.

You do not need to use a plugin for this. You can put the tasks in your quest journal, but only for the purpose of logging them. Don't try and use the quest journal to make events behave differently. It's overcomplicating it.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Explain your idea. What do you have to do to build the relationship?

As an example ...

Page 1 of NPC - no conditions. NPC asks you to go get something for them. Turn on self switch A.
Page 2 of NPC - conditioned by self switch A. NPC asks if you have the item. If you have it, you give it to them (by removing the item from inventory). Variable = 1. NPC asks you to deliver something to someone else.
Page 3 of NPC - conditioned by variable >= 1. NPC asks if you've delivered it. If you have (turn on a switch on the event/NPC you deliver it to, then check here if the switch is on), Variable = 2.

And so on.

On the final page that has +1, have them join your party, then turn on one more self switch, and add a new page conditioned by that self switch with no image and no commands.

You do not need to use a plugin for this. You can put the tasks in your quest journal, but only for the purpose of logging them. Don't try and use the quest journal to make events behave differently. It's overcomplicating it.
Okay and the journal is to show if it's been cleared is all

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's right - it's just a list to see in the menu.

When you are replying to someone, you can just @ tag them. You don't have to quote their post. Tagging - like this @alltheyuriz - will send them a notification that you've replied.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Sorry use to old forums where you had to reply to people lol im old and okay i'll play around with it thanks for all of your sugesstions

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rafe24