Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think this is the right category for this kind of thread,... or so I think it is?

I'm just wondering, is there a Completed LGBT (Yaoi or Yuri) Game here? Or other creators out there who's currently making LGBT based games?

Am I the only one? LOL! :D

I play all kinds of games, and that goes with all kinds of pairings as well.

Currently, I'm even making a Yaoi RMMV Game (Still in the early stages in developing the game, but the story is complete,  consisting of a whooping 72 chapters and 500,882 words in total, courtesy of Epic Solemnity's Death of Today). Yes, I have the permission of the author to make a Game out of her story. 

It has a Visual Novel vibe as it is heavy on story, with elements of rpg? I still don't know how I'm going to incorporate that. However, I think the biggest hurdle that I have to overcome are the Sketches/Drawings for key scenes. I plain suck at drawings. Good thing there's Clip Studio Paint's 3D Format, LMFAO!~

Anyways, I just want to know if anyone here made a game with those themes. Or just plain sharing my pain at drawing visual novel scenes.

This is the correct category for this thread, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
There are a couple of members here who make games addressing some LGBT elements. However I do not think that the point of focus is the LGBT itself. It's usually the protagonist (or one of the many main characters) who has to deal with the subject in a subtle "side-quest" that doesn't have to do much with the main plot.

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't recall seeing any here. Judging by the discussions we've had about romantic relationships in video games, the majority of people here aren't focusing on romance in their projects, regardless of sexuality. I'm sure there are people including LGBT characters in their games, myself included, but their sexuality isn't a central theme.

Maybe try browsing itch.io for games tagged LGBT? Lots of games there are made in RM.

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are a couple of members here who make games addressing some LGBT elements. However I do not think that the point of focus is the LGBT itself. It's usually the protagonist (or one of the many main characters) who has to deal with the subject in a subtle "side-quest" that doesn't have to do much with the main plot.

Oh! So technically, there's no LGBT game posted here yet?

That's too bad, I would've loved to try them out. I hope some other creator has one in development.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, there are lots of game demos posted here every month. It's very probable that I have missed one or two. If the rest of the members cannot help you, try googling it with some nice key words.

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, there are lots of game demos posted here every month. It's very probable that I have missed one or two. If the rest of the members cannot help you, try googling it with some nice key words.

I tried the search function here in the forum, and yep, there's only one game that I found with elements of 'slight' Yaoi theme. I'll try to google it. :D

I don't recall seeing any here. Judging by the discussions we've had about romantic relationships in video games, the majority of people here aren't focusing on romance in their projects, regardless of sexuality. I'm sure there are people including LGBT characters in their games, myself included, but their sexuality isn't a central theme.

Maybe try browsing itch.io for games tagged LGBT? Lots of games there are made in RM.

itch.io? First time I've heard about that site, I'll try it out. I hope I find one. :)

I do know that someone already made an rpg maker game with R18 Yaoi in it, because I found some R18 sprites lying around in other rpg maker resources sites, LMFAO!~

The sprites were kinda ridiculous, in a funny way though.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll be attempting to make a game with male/male romance for the Yaoi Game Jam and also for the My First Game Jam. It'll be an RPG with some optional romance, though, not with romance as the main focus.

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll be attempting to make a game with male/male romance for the Yaoi Game Jam and also for the My First Game Jam. It'll be an RPG with some optional romance, though, not with romance as the main focus.

Hi, what's a Jam?

and Nice! Once you're finished, I wanna play your game. :D

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game jams are really short periods of time, usually just a single weekend, when people try to make an entire game. I think the one Dream is talking about is hosted on itch.io, the site I mentioned.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Mikleo - RPG Maker games are a niche, most RPG Maker developers do not even care about adding romance and of those romance games and people that are LGBT are part of the minority within society (thus generally have less stuff targeted at them for it unless in the most popular entertainment categories).

You are asking for a niche in a niche in a niche, so you will probably not find many sadly (I struggle to find heterosexual dating plots in RPG maker games even).

edit: From someone who wishes men cared more about romance so we can get some good ones targeted at us (no, save and bang does not count).

Nemo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, I'm not complete my game yet, but will have LGBT characters.

TheAlexG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At this moment, me and a team of two other people, are actually making a game with a girls love element to it for a game jam (If you're interested, I'll point you to the Jam). If it works out, we might try for a full scale girls love game, but it's too soon to tell at the moment. 

None the less, there is some out there, or at the very least, being made. RPG maker is a very varied engine when you get creative with it. :)

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depends on what you mean with LGBT game? As most people before me have already pointed out, if you want a game that has a serious plot focused on romance and/or related gender issues then I've never seen, heard or made one.

But, if you are interested in "normal" games which just happens to have such characters or themes in them, without it being the entire focus, you might be interested in the game I'm working on right now. However, my game does not take itself, or it's vaguely LGBT related elements, serious. It's basically a comedy RPG. That being said there is at least one yuri... ish character as well as some gender swapping. Just don't expect anything more than silly comedy and normal gameplay since there won't be any real romance, neither will the game highlight any real LGBT issues.

If it sounds interesting enough to you I can make sure to notice you though a PM when the game is being officially announced (hopefully) later this year.

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Depends on what you mean with LGBT game? As most people before me have already pointed out, if you want a game that has a serious plot focused on romance and/or related gender issues then I've never seen, heard or made one.

But, if you are interested in "normal" games which just happens to have such characters or themes in them, without it being the entire focus, you might be interested in the game I'm working on right now. However, my game does not take itself, or it's vaguely LGBT related elements, serious. It's basically a comedy RPG. That being said there is at least one yuri... ish character as well as some gender swapping. Just don't expect anything more than silly comedy and normal gameplay since there won't be any real romance, neither will the game highlight any real LGBT issues.

If it sounds interesting enough to you I can make sure to notice you though a PM when the game is being officially announced (hopefully) later this year.

Yes, I meant serious plots with LGBT themes splashed at the center of it. I'm just curious if there was one made and published here in rpg maker sites.

But sure! It would be nice to play your game, I love comedy rpgs.

At this moment, me and a team of two other people, are actually making a game with a girls love element to it for a game jam (If you're interested, I'll point you to the Jam). If it works out, we might try for a full scale girls love game, but it's too soon to tell at the moment. 

None the less, there is some out there, or at the very least, being made. RPG maker is a very varied engine when you get creative with it. :)

Alright! Once your game is finished, I would be happy to play it. :D

I actually joined the Yaoi Jam that Dreamx pointed out a few comments back. But, I dunno if I will be able to complete my game within the month, most likely not since I just started, lol!~

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My main character happens to be gay in a medieval setting. Of course that has it's consequences in the story, but the story is not built around this fact.

TheAlexG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, I meant serious plots with LGBT themes splashed at the center of it. I'm just curious if there was one made and published here in rpg maker sites.

Alright! Once your game is finished, I would be happy to play it. :D

I actually joined the Yaoi Jam that Dreamx pointed out a few comments back. But, I dunno if I will be able to complete my game within the month, most likely not since I just started, lol!~

We have a month to finish ours, and I'm project manager, so kinda feeling the pressure. But I'm feeling pretty confident about it, and my team. 

When it's done, though, I'll be posting it here, and probably a few other places, to see how well it goes.

Hope ya like it when it's done. :)

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

SilverTown is a finished game in my signature with what you've described.  It's also light hearted and an rpg.  The sequel is slated to reveal a transvestite character hidden among the main cast.  

For less than serious I do have Jayce and Stacy/Wheels and the Leg girl which do have gay/transvestite characters as well in a science fiction/modern setting.

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I'm not exactly making a Yaoi-centric game, but as a gay myself; it kinda translates somewhat into my game in different way. My game has what you call a 'reverse bikini armor' trope lol. So the game will have 7 PC: which consists of 5 (mostly) scantily-clad muscle hunks and 2 girls who barely show any skin or boobs xD

They are also not necessarily portrayed as romantically-involved to each other. Two of the male characters are modeled after friends of mine who have dated for 3 years and in-game they share a closer bond than the other PCs within the party but there are no sexual/romantic scenes within the game. Another two male are also based on my boyfriend (and me of-course as a self-insert); and likewise, the two characters won't be displaying any kinds of PDA in the game. 

This is because I don't want to necessarily limit my target audience.

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
SilverTown is a finished game in my signature with what you've described.  It's also light hearted and an rpg.  The sequel is slated to reveal a transvestite character hidden among the main cast.  

For less than serious I do have Jayce and Stacy/Wheels and the Leg girl which do have gay/transvestite characters as well in a science fiction/modern setting.

Nice! I'll check it out. :D

I'm not exactly making a Yaoi-centric game, but as a gay myself; it kinda translates somewhat into my game in different way. My game has what you call a 'reverse bikini armor' trope lol. So the game will have 7 PC: which consists of 5 (mostly) scantily-clad muscle hunks and 2 girls who barely show any skin or boobs xD

They are also not necessarily portrayed as romantically-involved to each other. Two of the male characters are modeled after friends of mine who have dated for 3 years and in-game they share a closer bond than the other PCs within the party but there are no sexual/romantic scenes within the game. Another two male are also based on my boyfriend (and me of-course as a self-insert); and likewise, the two characters won't be displaying any kinds of PDA in the game. 

This is because I don't want to necessarily limit my target audience.

Yeah, making fullblast Yaoi-centred games certainly limits the target audience. I guess this is why there are so few LGBT games out there.

Nevertheless, the game I'm making is BOTH Yaoi-centred and a Harry Potter one, LMFAO!~ :D

I guess, out of 100 gamers, only 1 gamer will like to play my game. But yeah, I'm doing this project purely because it's my hobby and I enjoy making it.

And cool! I'll like to try your game if you finish it, it's always fascinating to play games with diverse characters.

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Yeah, making fullblast Yaoi-centred games certainly limits the target audience. I guess this is why there are so rare LGBT games out there.

Nevertheless, the game I'm making is BOTH Yaoi-centred and a Harry Potter one, LMFAO!~ :D

I guess, out of 100 gamers, only 1 gamer will like to play my game. But yeah, I'm doing purely because it's my hobby and I enjoy making it.

And cool! I'll like to try your game if you finish it, it's always fascinating to play games with diverse characters.

I guess it depends on how you market your game. Mostly your target will be the fujoshi/fudanshi gamers xD (I guess, like us? lol) and you rarely see RPG-kind of otome games. A quick look in Play Store shows there are no deficiency in otoge, but there are almost nothing that features battle and other RPG elements. 

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PamuRachii