Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
LGP_FaceSprite v3.3
Azel

Introduction

RPG Maker MV allows you to set a face image in the message box. In the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series the face is a separate Sprite in a Window. This Plugin does that now.

Features
Having face sprites.​
Set face sprite positions.​
Face sprite uses Window borders.​
Face sprite takes the face from the message picture.​
Change Face Sprite position via Scriptcalls.​

Screenshot

How to Use
This plugin is standalone. You can put this anywhere in your plugin list. It will take the image inside the message window you selected and displays it as a separate window all automatically.

Plugin Commands:
Sets the face sprite position. Replace the 'position' with a number on your
numpad. The position of the number on the numpad equals the position of the
face sprite on the screen. Default is always [1] Bottom Left.

[7] [8] [9]
[4] [5] [6]
[1] [2] [3]

Script
GitHub

Compatibility
Currently works with everything Yanfly offers with his message plugins. This Plugin mainly overwrites the drawFace function inside the message window. So it isn't displayed anymore.

Conditions
This Plugin if free for all. Use it as you see it fit.

Change Log
- Fresh out from the oven.
- Faceimage apears ontop of the window.
- Code reviewed. The Face image apears now behind the Window Frame and
infront of the Window Background
- Added Param: Set the Message Window Margin.
- Code reviewed. Mostly all new stuff. Plugin Command FaceSpritePosition
stays at it is.
- Everything esle works pretty much automatic.
- Updated Documentary.
- Fixed a bug where a posistion command didn't function properly when the command was put before a message.
- Acutally fixed the bug of 3.2
- Added "Position List" Parameter in the Plugin section.
- Reworked FSPos functions. They work diffrently but the use of it
hasn't changed.
- Calling an event now sets the FSPos to the default value before the interpreter takes action.
This solves a problem I had, when I reset the FSPos to the default at the end of the
MessageWindow logic.
- Added scriptcall $gameSystem.setFSPosition(index); to manually set the positon based on index.
- Added scriptcall $gameSystem.setFSPosition(x, y); to amnually set the position based on coords.

Credit and Thanks
LGP Azel

Notes
If there are any compatibility issues, critics or improvement wishes please let me know.

Attachments

• FaceSprite.png
    FaceSprite.png
    381.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
I like your idea!
I'm here to give you some feedback. I cant make the plugin work like you didi in the images.
The plugin command that i'm inserting in the message text box show appears when i talk to people. Cant change the position of the face too. What im doing wrong?
Latest version of MV and no other plugins related to messages
Have a look:

Azel

Seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
I like your idea!
I'm here to give you some feedback. I cant make the plugin work like you didi in the images.
The plugin command that i'm inserting in the message text box show appears when i talk to people. Cant change the position of the face too. What im doing wrong?
Latest version of MV and no other plugins related to messages
Have a look:

Well. The FaceSpritePosition and such are plugin commands after all. They won't work inside message boxes.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Trying again, i use the same command in a plugin Command line in the event. But i got the same result. Only the command not appear in the next box, but in rest is the same =/

Azel

Seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trying again, i use the same command in a plugin Command line in the event. But i got the same result. Only the command not appear in the next box, but in rest is the same =/

Sorry for the late answer. I finally got a fix for the issue. Download the new script from the link again and replace it with the old one.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry! But still not working. =/
No matter what number i put, the position of the face remains in the same place, like in the print that i show to you. If you manage to get it to work, can you send me a print of the event page and the position of the face?

Kikeluzi

Paladin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I disabled all others plugins and realized that the plugin command only works after the first message (so it works on the second message onwards)

The FaceSpritePosition or FaceSpritePostion simply doesn't works. The FSPos works, but not to the first message. Look:

upload_2019-5-10_23-25-30.png bandicam-2019-05-10-23-26-51-745.gif

Azel

Seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

frederickborromeo

Depressive Loner
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Azel This plugin works, haven't you tested More Escape Codes plugin by Shaz. You should try it

frederickborromeo

Depressive Loner
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good luck on your project, Eliaquim

Last edited:

devilcrybae

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is nice! I would love use them in my project, but I notice that if I use the YEP_MessageCore (changing the width of the message box) or Galv Message Styles, the bug that Eliaquim reported still happen. If you want and can make the compatibility with those plugins, it would be awesome!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....
Ami

Maybe...a Drinkable Water Plant or something?
Who would have thought making interesting birds would be so difficult/fun?

Randomly spawning anywhere on map (sometimes even flying), having a chance of landing on a different spot on map when flying. Also chance of flying off screen if spooked/sees the player

I think I got it!
Since I started in this world of make games, It's hard for me to enjoy playing a game. It's like, coding and make it work, sounds like I'm playing and have fun o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsaacRPG