NTR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are 16 characters in our game all taken from myth and real history. You get to choose between 4 types of groups and each group has a set of 4 characters. Once you select your group you are placed on an OverWorld map where you can control each character by him or herself with a party switch. Each Character moves on their own in our game and you must use all 4 to solve puzzles and defeat monsters.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.dropbox.com/s/heatqge027jo8qy/Liaisons of Sorcery.rar?dl=0

This game is a demo and has a long way to go, I had to write in-game scripts to work around the unfinished plugins that I am using. For a list of the plugins, I use to watch the demo below and see how everything works. Sorry for making the video too long.

Demo Video Here

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I gave your demo a go, but it's possible this just ain't my type of game since I didn't really enjoy it. While the 4 separate person team you have is an interesting idea, I think it'll need a lot more work before it's much fun.
Personally, I think you'd be better off ditching the player choice for their team at the moment, I tried them all quickly and really didn't see a difference in how they played. Since the enemies went down with one hit of the cane, I just spammed 'A' to kill everything.

Being able to swap the playable character at any time is a neat idea, but I think it needs more polishing to really work. It didn't always seem to switch when I'd hit the buttons, and I couldn't always recall which person I'd be switching. Since the resolution so large, would it be possible to stick a reminder for who's tied to which button somewhere?

The large resolution feels like it's wasted at the moment, since so much of the game is dark outside of the puzzle rooms. I found the visible range to be way too small, since quite a few enemies would spot me before they even entered my sights. The small visibility combined with the slow walking speed made the maps feel like a chore to traverse.

I didn't watch your demo video at first, so I went into the puzzles blind and unfortunately couldn't figure out hidden puzzles 1 & 2 (which may say more about me than the puzzles themselves :kaoswt2:). A bit of direction with the puzzles would have be quite useful. I did do the tutorial puzzle, but that one was so simple that I did it with one character. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the elemental pillars that appeared around the buttons could be pushed out of the way or jumped over, so the other three characters seemed unnecessary. When it came to hidden puzzle 1, I did skip around your video to find it since I was unable to in-game... And it's hidden behind the HUD?! Please don't hide things behind the HUD, maybe some people would realize it was there but I doubt most players would. As for the puzzle itself, I stepped on the button and it went down, which made me think I didn't need to push the boulder onto it (again, it's possible I'm just terrible at puzzles...).

The maps were okay for this type of demo, but there were some trees missing their trunks near paths that went left and right. While most of the enemies turned into their proper downed images when beaten, the spirits seemed to prefer to turn into SWAT people.

There was no menu option to look at my items, so I'm kinda confused as to why I'd get Rare Diamonds from the puzzles. I didn't see an item button listed on the controls either, so it didn't seem like there was a way to check what I had.

I got an error when I quit to the title. It didn't happen every time though, so I'm unsure of the cause. Hopefully the error message is helpful.
9Kdz8xk.png

Overall, it's possible that other people would enjoy the concept but I think that it currently needs a lot more work and depth.

NTR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for your honest opinion and yep I know it needs a lot of work, most of the reason's it's very simple ATM is that I had to fight with the plugins to get everything to work correctly and I have not worked on the game itself much. This is going to be geared towards phones and tablets later on and hoping to get it on google play someday when it's finished. Not everyone is going to like it so I agree with you, in fact I am building the game and it got frustrating for me while game testing it lol. I am going off a friends idea so it's not exactly what I personally had in mind. Thanks again and when Pheonix updates his ABS plugin I might start working on this again.

P.S. I have not figured out how to stop the melee in the plugin yet and the game is only supposed to be magic use only. I left the monsters 1 hit kills because I did not get a chance to setup each party members skills etc everything is just plain right now for testing. I started work on a personal game and I don't know when I will get back to this one.

I gave your demo a go, but it's possible this just ain't my type of game since I didn't really enjoy it. While the 4 separate person team you have is an interesting idea, I think it'll need a lot more work before it's much fun.
Personally, I think you'd be better off ditching the player choice for their team at the moment, I tried them all quickly and really didn't see a difference in how they played. Since the enemies went down with one hit of the cane, I just spammed 'A' to kill everything.

Being able to swap the playable character at any time is a neat idea, but I think it needs more polishing to really work. It didn't always seem to switch when I'd hit the buttons, and I couldn't always recall which person I'd be switching. Since the resolution so large, would it be possible to stick a reminder for who's tied to which button somewhere?

The large resolution feels like it's wasted at the moment, since so much of the game is dark outside of the puzzle rooms. I found the visible range to be way too small, since quite a few enemies would spot me before they even entered my sights. The small visibility combined with the slow walking speed made the maps feel like a chore to traverse.

I didn't watch your demo video at first, so I went into the puzzles blind and unfortunately couldn't figure out hidden puzzles 1 & 2 (which may say more about me than the puzzles themselves :kaoswt2:). A bit of direction with the puzzles would have be quite useful. I did do the tutorial puzzle, but that one was so simple that I did it with one character. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the elemental pillars that appeared around the buttons could be pushed out of the way or jumped over, so the other three characters seemed unnecessary. When it came to hidden puzzle 1, I did skip around your video to find it since I was unable to in-game... And it's hidden behind the HUD?! Please don't hide things behind the HUD, maybe some people would realize it was there but I doubt most players would. As for the puzzle itself, I stepped on the button and it went down, which made me think I didn't need to push the boulder onto it (again, it's possible I'm just terrible at puzzles...).

The maps were okay for this type of demo, but there were some trees missing their trunks near paths that went left and right. While most of the enemies turned into their proper downed images when beaten, the spirits seemed to prefer to turn into SWAT people.

There was no menu option to look at my items, so I'm kinda confused as to why I'd get Rare Diamonds from the puzzles. I didn't see an item button listed on the controls either, so it didn't seem like there was a way to check what I had.

I got an error when I quit to the title. It didn't happen every time though, so I'm unsure of the cause. Hopefully the error message is helpful.
9Kdz8xk.png

Overall, it's possible that other people would enjoy the concept but I think that it currently needs a lot more work and depth.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm very manic-y right now. I didn't sleep and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done, but didn't get anything done except the bare bones concept for a POSSIBLE game.
And I can't sleep now because I'm probably gonna be hanging out with my brother and I gotta discuss a bunch of BroCoG (our game group) junk with him plus it's far to late to sleep NOW.
poppetQuestBarryApproaches.jpg
While I wait for judging, I decided to start adding more "friends" to my attic. :LZSgrin:

I swear I need a whole sound pack of menacing squeaky toy noises. :kaoswt:
I can't believe I actually managed to stay motivated for the whole Game Jam duration (1 month!), definitely will be taking a break after this :0
can't believe I slept on outer wilds, such an amazing game
Trying to enter ''Downloads'' crashes file explorer ^^ But if i download something online and enter it via the browser it works fine.....Computers...Whaddeya gonnnaa dooo!?:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasm