Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi people!
I saw this on the fixed topic:
- The license only grants you the right to use material from resource packs inside a project (i.e. game) and limited promotional use (ex. project-promoting media such as screenshots or videos).
I'm making my youtube channel and I was wondering if I could use some of Rpg Maker Mv music to put on the intro for my videos.
Of course, the channel is about Rpg Maker Mv itself(Tutorials, plugins, games etc).

The music (bgm) that I talk about are the ones in the folder "Baseresource_compressed" in my Rpg Maker Mv steam folder.

I already know that Yanfly uses some of them in his youtube videos, but who knows, maybe he got a special license... So I thought to ask before using it.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still waiting for an answer :)

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen people use stuff from it. So it doesn't seem like an issue as long as you own rights to your software. Since from the sounds of it, it's kind of a grey area there.

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know but you can use that music in a game that you can sell so i dont see why you couldnt use it in a youtube video, even if monetized.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know but you can use that music in a game that you can sell so i dont see why you couldnt use it in a youtube video, even if monetized.
that is basically proof that you don't know how licensing works. For example it has always been specifically stated that the use of the pictures outside a game screenshot (for example for a website decoration of that game) is not allowed.
The RTP licence is extremely restricted in a number of ways (for example you can't use them outside of the maker engine) to drive the price of the engine down.

Edit: ninja'd

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi people! Thank you for all the answers, I will wait for the official answer!
:kaoluv:

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Touchfuzzy !
You said that I can tag you, in case you forgot xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reji