License

Mephisto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hey guys i was just wondering… i noticed the Price of the rpgmaker mv in steam is actually different than the official page… Why? Is there something diferent on the license or whats going on in there? Im just asking because I really don’t know where to buy it. Yes, I plan to upload somegames to the playstore. 

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Says $80 in both places for me. But if you buy from the site, you get standalone and steam, so that's a better deal. (You don't need both, but this way I don't have to keep steam open.)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on your country. Steam has different prices for different regions.

If you want a standalone copy AND a steam copy, you'll need to buy it from here. If you only care about having a steam copy, buy it wherever is cheaper.

Other things you might take into consideration - if there are updates, will the standalone version have them available before or after steam? The standalone version would require you to know about the updates (via an email or by coming to the forum here) and download & install them manually; steam would do it all for you. On initial release, preorders through here were able to get it about 20 hours earlier than on steam - doesn't make much of a difference to you now. The other thing to consider is who do you want to support - steam or the company that makes the software? Buying here will ensure more of the profits make it to the developers. Buying on steam means steam gets their cut of what could be a lower price anyway, and the developer will get less.

weilies

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Correct me if I am wrong, meaning to say RPGMK official site won't support developer who buying exactly same product via steam?

I would expect if I came from steam, I would enjoy same support level (functionally) in this forum :)

Hard to decide, i am no hurry in getting one, waiting for the promo ^^

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You are wrong. You get the same level of support whether you buy on Steam or here.

weilies

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English

If I owned a notebook and desktop, how many license should I buy? One? Two ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If both devices are owned and used only by you, one licence is enough.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There will not be a promo for at least 5-6 months. Do you want to wait that long? ;)

Nekoyoubi

Plugin & Utility Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I buy the 4th tier of the bundle on BundleStars, will I have the ability to use MV without Steam? If the key is for both as I've seen mentioned, is there any reason I couldn't register my stand-alone trial AND redeem on Steam? I really want a stand-alone version as I hate how poorly Steam tracks running apps when I play a game and work with software, but it would be nice to be able write a review, et al. That BundleStars bundle is just too juicy not to grab, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OYeh