Life, The Universe and everything....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GriffoxEnt, Nov 16, 2018.

1. GriffoxEnt

GriffoxEnt Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well actually I know the answer to this question but I got one that I need to ask. First if this is in the wrong area I apologize to any admins I inconvenience. :)

I have a game in the process of being developed ( another game engine but that is another story) I am in the market to make some small side games within the one I am making. Let's say a few little quests that need to be done for leveling up certain things in the game. This is where RPG maker has caught my interest.
    Anyone have any experience in this? I am curious as to how hard it would be to implement this. I would love to discuss any Pro's or Con's anyone might have on the subject

2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Actually, I don't really get what you're asking. Are you asking if making quest is hard?

3. GriffoxEnt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am curious about how difficult it would be with the mini games. I have years experience making games, working 3D and a few different engines but I have never tried making some mini games for a main world itself. I was hoping someone here in forums might have some experience in this

4. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I have a ton of experience in minigames, and RPG Maker is... okay for making them, but I highly recommend sticking to the engines you are experienced in if they can create the product you're dreaming of. If you're used to working in, say, Unity, there's no reason to switch to RPG Maker in order to make a minigame.

I'm also not sure whether you are proposing making a minigame in one engine and adding it to a game in another engine... I don't think this is what you meant, but if it is, then just know that this is impossible (due to the EULA) in RPG Maker and very difficult in most engines.

GriffoxEnt likes this.
  5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I also am a little confused about exactly what you mean. It sounds like you want to make some mini-games in an RM engine and then somehow import them into a game made in another engine. If that reading is correct then, as has been pointed out, that breaks the EULA. If you don't mean that, then please clarify.

GriffoxEnt likes this.
  6. GriffoxEnt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I was pretty sure the EULA of most would be a factor. I will most likely stick to my engine I am using. It was a thought I had where the mini games would be a totally different style than the main game. Assets are pretty easy to identify in certain engines and was going a little wrench in the mix for the more experienced gamers. Will just stick with a 3D main game and the 2D minis I guess