FREE Lifeblood: Shadow of Riamel (Arabic fantasy visual novel) - recruiting spriter, title screen artist and parallax mapper

Chebolation

Writer/mapper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ENGINE
RPGmaker MV

SYNOPSIS
Lifeblood is a character-focused fantasy visual novel based on a story I outlined a while back. It has three protagonists whose lives are bound together in a politically charged way, and each character holds secrets that are capable of toppling an empire. But trust is in short supply in a world where magic is dangerous, madness is cold, and the Church of the dead God-King hunts those perceived to be without -or with too powerful- magic.

STORY
The story of Lifeblood takes place in the Blood Empire, a theocracy fracturing after the death of its immortal ruler, the God-King. New political powers have arisen, demanding fealty that once belonged only to the Immortal. In a burgeoning desert nation still conjoined with the Empire, the political situation between the three major factions -the new ruling family, the God-King´s Church and an assassins´ guild known simply as "The Shadows"- is slowly coming to a head. It is at the crux of this three-way conflict where our protagonists lie, each one tied into the conflict in their own way.

LORE
Legends and urban myths abound in the Blood Empire, most of them dealing with things that people fear: the dangerous magic users said to be capable of controlling the minds of others, the mysteries of the magical artifacts littering the Blood Empire, and the dark creatures said to wander the far desert.

PROTAGONISTS
Elir: A gruff, matter-of-fact youth bearing the weight of all household chores on his shoulders. His bitter demeanor hides a darker,
soul-shattering secret that he would rather no one knew. He has a questionable amount of money at his disposal.

Sari: Sari´s skin is almost as brown as that of the others in the city. She´s inquisitive, sassy and always ready with a comeback. She has a project that she inherited from her father, and she hopes complete it one day.

Ruya: As the son of a prostitute, Ruya was given a girl's name. He is the most courteous one of the three protagonists, and the most timid to act. However, he is a Mindblood, and capable of using magic that the Blood Empire so deeply despises and fears.

MY ROLE
I am the writer, event-er and mapper of this project. While I am new to mapping, I am learning things really fast(as can be witnessed from the screenshots).

ROLES NEEDED:
  1. Spriter(OPEN): Someone who can create/modify character busts and create/expand on the face sets. Having some idea as to what constitutes of good character design would be splendid.
  2. Title screen artist(OPEN): This one is necessary for immersing people in the game.
  3. Parallax mapper(OPEN): Your job would be to touch-up the completed maps and to impact their general mood. Not an easy job, but a very important one for creating immersion.
  4. Composer(WILL BE RECRUITED AT A LATER DATE)
  5. If you suspect that you can offer something for the project(as in, if you want to collaborate with us), please contact me.

Screenshots(no NPC´s added yet):
Lifebloodscreenshot1.png

Lifebloodscreenshot2.png
DEMO
There's a short, unpolished project demo available for those interested in the game. It also showcases my writing skills(which the screenshots don't manage to convey).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP