Light-hearted harem RPG on IOS or android App Store. Is it allowed?

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by Jellicoe, Sep 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jellicoe

Jellicoe Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In terms of gaming, I usually use my iPhone these days, and i suspect I am not the only one. I am making a light hearted, comedic, harem type of RPG, with one male character with almost all female team. Nothing explicit, just some vaguely suggestive stuff. (Ie “wait, there is only one room left in this inn so we have to share the room (blush)” that kind of stuff). I have seen plenty of rpgs in the iOS store with mainly a female lead and several cute male suitors, but not too many the other way around. Is it because Apple doesn’t allow these type of games, or not many are being uploaded to iOS store? Not sure about android store. Just wondering if this type of game is allowed, and how to modify it to make it acceptable. My goal is just to put the game on the store and sell enough copies to make back my money from buying rpgmaker lol.

Thanks.

2. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah they're allowed as long as they're not super explicit. The reason why you see more with women leads is because the main market is aimed at women and most women that play those types of games have an smart phone in some capacity.

Jellicoe and MushroomCake28 like this.
  3. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jellicoe, as long as you have a legal copy of RPG maker Mv is you are allowed. You can be as creative as you like. If you want us in the community to decide that your game is good or not. You need to send us a screenshot so we can help you decide.

You can register your game here in Android: http://support.andromo.com/kb/distributing/how-to-put-your-app-in-google-play and here for ios: https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-submit-an-ios-app-to-the-app-store--mobile-16812

If you want more help, you could ask android support or ios support because I think they will be clear more than me and can answer accurately.
    Sorry if that does not help you much.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  4. eluukkanen

eluukkanen Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That's true entrepreneur spirit!

Parallax Panda likes this.
  5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Commercial RPGMaker Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.