Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'm trying to create a map where there's a full moon in the parallax background, and on that same map, I use tint screen to set it to night...

The problem is, the tint screen also affects the moon, which is in parallax, that's to be expected. The question is, is there any way to make this moon in the background glow even with the night tint screen turned on?

Light plugins only work on the tileset, and in this case, this moon is in parallax. Is there any solution?

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A few possible, but untested, solutions that come to mind:

• Use a lighting plugin to tint the screen, instead of using the actual "tint screen" command. Then only the tiles will be tinted, so the parallax will be unaffected.
  • Instead of using the "tint screen" command, create a tinted overlay image, and display it using MZ Layer Graphics, or something similar. Then you can control which areas get tinted and which don't.
  • Edit your parallax image, and brighten the moon area enough so that it still looks bright even with the tint.
  • Cut out the picture of the moon and display it above everything else, using Foreground or MZ Layer Graphics or something.

Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
A few possible, but untested, solutions that come to mind:

• Use a lighting plugin to tint the screen, instead of using the actual "tint screen" command. Then only the tiles will be tinted, so the parallax will be unaffected.
  • Instead of using the "tint screen" command, create a tinted overlay image, and display it using MZ Layer Graphics, or something similar. Then you can control which areas get tinted and which don't.
  • Edit your parallax image, and brighten the moon area enough so that it still looks bright even with the tint.
  • Cut out the picture of the moon and display it above everything else, using Foreground or MZ Layer Graphics or something.
I'll try to do it in the ways you suggested, thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Khi