Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really strange and anoying. And it make no sense at all because it worked perfectly.
No issues in the console at all. Hope somebody can fix this soon.

Discordian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really strange and anoying. And it make no sense at all because it worked perfectly.
No issues in the console at all. Hope somebody can fix this soon.

What confuses me is the demo project not even working. Like, it's not a plugin conflict, it's not a keyboard layout issue, it doesn't seem to be anything! The entirety of steps I do is: Download RPG Maker MV from Steam, setup the plugins in order, and it just works! But it seems like many people are doing exactly that, and it just doesn't work for them, for whatever reason.

Perhaps try exporting it to web/desktop and try those respective versions and maybe there's a difference? I really wish I had this issue because I could track it down if I could reproduce it no problem.

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes this is the strangest things of all. But one good thing then it isent my project that have a issue :).
If we cant fix it then we can use the other method in events with scripts... but the other is a easier and faster way.

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit: please delete i was on the old version.
Now Tint Remove working fine. Good Job.

Last edited:

Kyuba

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want to say, amazing plugin !
But it took me ages to understand how to use time limit so it doesn't make the game unplayable, until I though of searching the page.
It really should be more visible or more explained on how to use it correctly. I'm glad I didn't stop trying tho

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anyone knows how to make a white light?
Because of the hue colors, i cannot make it, only colored ones. =/

Discordian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone knows how to make a white light?
Because of the hue colors, i cannot make it, only colored ones. =/
yeah this would be really good to know.

A hue of 30-60 will give you a yellow/whiteish hue. Play around with it to find a hue which looks natural from the source in the environment instead of focusing on the hue colour itself.

I hope this helps!

olivergame

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it looks great i have not start working on it jet becease i have a little problem
i think i can find my work around but i am hoping it can be done difrrent
i am using seasons in my game and that means that the sunrise and setdown will be diffrent the the dedault setting use here

i am thinking but doing some hard clock calculating by using my event time system as a main system and use it in a season wise way
in this plugin (need to be able to hide the clock for that but i saw that is posle)
i hope more people like my idea (think its usefull for farming games)

can i use normal mv tinting wile using this plugin
i wanna use the normal mv tinting for regio tinting

thx for lisining and keep up the good work
it this part cant be done i wil try to work my way trough it

and for people who are intrested in

my day and night (using this plugin) with random weather changing (events) combined with regio tinting (not sure) and seasons
just send me a message

Cyp999

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey,
I've included this plugin into my project. and while the lightning and also in editor tools all work well I've encountered a problemm on
larger maps (in my case 60x60) whenever I run from one side to the other the picture stutters for a few secs at random points. (fps drop from 60 to around 30)
I'm using both newest plugin version and maker version 1.61
Anyone having the same issue or knows how to solve it?

Last edited:

olivergame

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey,
I've included this plugin into my project. and while the lightning and also in editor tools all work well I've encountered a problemm on
larger maps (in my case 60x60) whenever I run from one side to the other the picture stutters for a few secs at random points. (fps drop from 60 to around 30)

i dont know if 60 by 60 is big
but what you can do is split up the map and use a none fading transfer map
that way it stil looks like 1 map and and you make you game easyer to load

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hey,

I too am having this issue. But for me it happens when I try to move for the first time after starting the game. From 60 fps to 30 fps for a second. It's very jarring.

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If this happens i think you are using the plugin wrong. I had at the beginning the same problems with fps. I think somewhere on the first 5 Pages there is a solution.

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If this happens i think you are using the plugin wrong. I had at the beginning the same problems with fps. I think somewhere on the first 5 Pages there is a solution.

The solution you're talking about is related to using the Time System wrong, and in my game I'm not using the Time System at all.
I made a video to show the 30 FPS drops that I am getting just like the other user.

In the video if you watch the FPS counter in the top left you will see it drop 30 FPS very frequently from just standing still.
I really want to use this plugin, it's the coolest looking lighting plugin out there, but this performance issue makes it unusable for me currently. :(

Edit: This lag only seems to occur if the Lighting Tool plugin is ON. so there's something with the lighting causing these performance issues.

Last edited:

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really strange... hope you can fix it!

Someone know if it is possible to show the clock on the map without the window?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey there!
Someone already have this error before?
LXAtkek.png

OftIXf8.png

I can't use in any map. Say that not found the map25, but he is there in the data folder. Also i have one map that already have hte lights works. But for some reason when i try to put more lights using TAB inside the editor, this happens. :(
RM MV 1.6.2

TheCosmicSlug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there!
Someone already have this error before?
LXAtkek.png

OftIXf8.png

I can't use in any map. Say that not found the map25, but he is there in the data folder. Also i have one map that already have hte lights works. But for some reason when i try to put more lights using TAB inside the editor, this happens. :(
RM MV 1.6.2
Ive seen that error with this plugin. I believe it was when i had manually upgraded the NWJS binarys. Reverting to 1.6 NWJS and it went away... Hope it helps you too

Last edited:

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Hi!
First of all, thank you so much for continueing this plugin. It's my always & forever favourite lightning tool! :)

I could successfully deploy a game with it, but watching the Let's Play, I've seen a small issue which surely isn't supposed to happen.
It's not really disturbing, but I thought, I'd report it anyway.

On 32:27, just when the battle is about to start, u can see in the upper left corner the editor icons. I checked another battle and it was the same.

Also battles would have tinted screen - which they hadn't before deployment of the game.

It's really not a big issue, but thought you'd maybe would like to know about this.

The plugin is updated. I did just right before deployment.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! I've been using this plugin for some time. I think he's the best lighting I've ever come across. However, I am having a difficult time lighting, especially indoors. See the picture below.

CNWZIkh.png

If I put a torch on the wall, it ends up illuminating the ceiling (A4 TILE). To solve this, I had to make some edits to the images. But this was very difficult because I had to adjust the size of the image to the amount of tiles I wanted to light and every time I have to make a new image if there are many tiles in front, or for example an image like the statue in the photo.

My question is:
Is there any way for me to change the LAYER light that is drawn?
For example, let it always be below the A4.
Or a way that would not draw the light in certain places? For example in tiles containing the X region, or the TAG of the X-ID field.
Thanks!

Berkay

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i'm trying to change the player's torch color and setting it to 0 in plugin options, because i want it to be "null" color, i mean like natural white light, but it's not working. I don't know what i'm doing wrong, no matter what i do, it stays always the same color and size...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:
My imagination works faster than my development process. At least, I can take pleasure in treating it as an adventure. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PessNaro