Lighting and Time Editor - Continued!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Does anyone know how to remove the flicker and pulse effect at the player torch? Please help I'm sort of like running out of other options through google. Thanks!

Pammercakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Does anyone know how to remove the flicker and pulse effect at the player torch? Please help I'm sort of like running out of other options through google. Thanks!
I got decent results making a solid light with these settings; give it a try and see if it's what you're trying to achieve. Player Torch.png

DarkHunter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!, Thank you for continue this plugin!

It's worked with Orange Overlay? and Mog Time System too?

I want to curious about this :kaothx::kaothx::kaojoy:

gunter

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
Other
I dint understand very well how the torch works, could you explain a little more please?

jweav8705

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I copy the plugins in and open them there is no help file. There is no parameters. Just what appears to be empty plugins.
When I open the .js files in notepad or sublime, clearly there is lines and lines of code, help text, and parameters.
I've never had this happen with a plugin before.
Anyone know what's up with this?

ex0rc1sm

Neurotic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! I'm having an error, the game's title loads fine, but when selecting New Game I get:

TypeError
Cannot read property '0' of undefined

Opening the console shows this:

Untitled.png

Is one of the problems an incompatibility with SRD Super Tools Engine?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Roult

Villager
Reaction score
Hi every one,

I try this plugin with my project but i meet this error crash.
I don't understand how can i resolve this, can you help me?

I think is a incompatibilty with other plugin

Thank

Attachments

Tenebre

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there, dear Makers! I'm a new one, and don't write much in forums, but for this Plugin I decided to register me (it was just a question of time anyways^^).

English isn't my native language, so please excuse some grammatical mistakes ;)
I don't have any experience with Java, and got just normal user IT-Skills

To understand my question, i want to describe my actual situation:

I've done a common evented day/night-cycle by myself (resp. I copied one). When my Variable "Time" is 22:00, my switch named "it's night" turns ON, and switches to OFF at 08:00.
This is because when the switch "it's night" is ON, other enemies appear on the world map.

Now here's my question:

Is there a way to define the "Time" of this Plugin through Switches and Variables?
So that my switch "it's night" gets triggered at a certain daytime, in this plugin itself?
This way, I can delete my previous common event^^
If this isn't possible, is there a way to do that stuff with screen tints?
Summarized I mean something like: "If Time = 22:00, activate switch X" or "If Screen Tint = 0/0/0, activate switch Y" and so on.

If I understand that, I think I understand generally more about the context of the whole engine and how it reads plugins etc.

Btw, I'm really amazed to see how this community works together and which great Plugins got released by some awesome people!

Kind regards

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
EDIT
Misread where the above post was, and my reply was, in consequence, total rubbish.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yo, I'm getting an error message that reads:

TypeError
this.switchLimits[index].update is not a function

Here's what it says in debug:
Code:
TypeError: this.switchLimits[index].update is not a function
    at GameTime.update (LNM_GameTime.js:436)
    at GameTime.update (LNM_LightingTool.js:2667)
    at Scene_Boot.Scene_Base.update (LNM_GameTime.js:745)
    at Scene_Boot.update (SSG_DifficultySetting.js:486)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (SRD_SuperToolsEngine.js:402)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)
I can confirm that turning off the plugins makes the error not appear. Having them on individually does the same.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'clear' of null appears with just GameEditorCore and LightingTool on. The original error happens with GameEditorCore and GameTime on. The game boots with GameTime and LightingTool on.

This lead me to believe that the GameEditorCore could have some sort of issue with the other two that is possibly having some sort of incompatibility with SSG_DifficultySetting or SRD_SuperToolsEngine. However, turning those off gave no results. Still the same error. From the debug, I can't tell if there are any more conflicting plugins.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm gonna' keep digging but I'm hoping for the best.

EDIT: Tried putting them in a clean project. As soon as I tried to add a light source, I got:
UnknownError: TypeError [ERR_INVALID_CALLBACK]: Callback must be a function. Received undefined.

I also tried downloading the demo and it can't load img/characters/!Other2.png. I put a dummy file in there and it worked, but now I can't get TAB to work either. Copying the plugins from the demo returns the same result as the github download.

Hopefully this can get figured out. I REALLY want this to work for my project!

RE:EDIT: I will pay someone if they can get this working for me. The time spent using another lighting engine will far outweigh the costs of paying someone to help me out with this one.

Last edited:

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those wanting to have a white light the only way I have been able to find to produce such an effect is by having 3 light sources near each other in each of the 3 primary colours.

I just recently upgraded to the latest version and now even the battlers are tinted. The previous version v. 1.4.1 did not tint the battlers. Anyway to achieve this with 1.7.3?

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nvm i figured it out. For anyone else a little confused create and event to turn the switch on lol. Sorry been out of rpgmaker for awhile should have guessed that
lol, you double posted. Should've just edited your original post. There should be an edit option on it.
(surprised the double post police didn't come in and yell FBI OPEN UP, there's usually quicker than this)
(I mean, 3 years?! WHAT?! Or maybe it wasn't a rule then, I have no idea)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@LUKElcs Please note that the necro posting rule does not apply to this particular forum as queries about a plugin can arise at any time. Also, please do not mini mod. See forum rules.

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LUKElcs Please note that the necro posting rule does not apply to this particular forum as queries about a plugin can arise at any time. Also, please do not mini mod. See forum rules.
I wasn't mini modding, I was just confused is all.
I didn't know, besides, after 3 years, who cares about a single double post.
(again, it's perfectly fine here, I know, you just told me, I just wasn't aware it isn't a forum wide rule)

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi
I have a request
can you add more light option but instead of light
just add the shadow
I'm not sure how hard is it
I think it like change additive or screen to multiply or normal
so I can have a controllable shadow source

but if you can not or not interest never mind
thank you for your great work

Tenebre

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there. Again, english isn't my native language ;)

I have a problem with the battle lights.

The <Event Codes> in the enemy notetags doesn't do anything, neither in the map notetag.
If I set the lights in battle through the TAB editor, they aren't at the same position at the next battle.

I have some plugins, mostly from Yanfly, and nothing that change tints or lights. I don't think that it's an incorrect plugin order - I had that already, and this plugin didn't work. It works properly, it's just the battle screen that doesn't work for me.

Does anyone know why I've got this problem?
I would really appreciate some help =)

acowasto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
nope
Primarily Uses
Other
Yo, I'm getting an error message that reads:

TypeError

Here's what it says in debug:
Code:
TypeError: this.switchLimits[index].update is not a function
    at Scene_Boot.update (SSG_DifficultySetting.js:486)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (SRD_SuperToolsEngine.js:402)
I can confirm that turning off the plugins makes the error not appear. Having them on individually does the same.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'clear' of null appears with just GameEditorCore and LightingTool on. The original error happens with GameEditorCore and GameTime on. The game boots with GameTime and LightingTool on.

This lead me to believe that the GameEditorCore could have some sort of issue with the other two that is possibly having some sort of incompatibility with SSG_DifficultySetting or SRD_SuperToolsEngine. However, turning those off gave no results. Still the same error. From the debug, I can't tell if there are any more conflicting plugins.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm gonna' keep digging but I'm hoping for the best.

EDIT: Tried putting them in a clean project. As soon as I tried to add a light source, I got:
UnknownError: TypeError [ERR_INVALID_CALLBACK]: Callback must be a function. Received undefined.

I also tried downloading the demo and it can't load img/characters/!Other2.png. I put a dummy file in there and it worked, but now I can't get TAB to work either. Copying the plugins from the demo returns the same result as the github download.

Hopefully this can get figured out. I REALLY want this to work for my project!

RE:EDIT: I will pay someone if they can get this working for me. The time spent using another lighting engine will far outweigh the costs of paying someone to help me out with this one.
I have the same TypeError
With exacly the same following from console:
rpg_managers.js:1949 TypeError: this.switchLimits[index].update is not a function
Except for the SSG Dfifficulty Settings, because I'm not using it, and SRD SuperToolEngine, because it works for me. At least after I catch it with cursor before it close itself after pressing F12, but it works. (And It's due the new RPG Maker Patch, like I read on forum)

I checked my plugins, and made clean project to check it further. Error occurs only when I have ICF Main Utility plugin alongside with LMN plugin pack (Editor, Timer and Lightning) and time enabled in Game Time plugin. If time is disabled, the error doesn't occur and editor works fine, but I'm unable to use tints and time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My spirit can be so easily wounded by most things that nobody thinks twice about. It may be not a big deal to you, but it means EVERYTHING to me!
I have to make a custom tree for my FSM game and I'm nervous I won't get it right.
Finally got the tablet picture! :LZSsmile:
Working hard on my Mode7 interiors in between calls at work!
A good idea rise a moment before falling asleep, and survive the second coffee the day next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merglu