StupidHair

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a really silly question. If I deploy the game, can the user press tab to open the light menu? :p Sorry if this has already been asked.

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a really silly question. If I deploy the game, can the user press tab to open the light menu? :p Sorry if this has already been asked.
Nope, only you can do this in Edit Mode.

KrisTall

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gotta say that this plugin is great!
But I also have a issue with a curtant scene
At the beginning of the game, the main duo (with torches on them) walks down the map (in the forest) and are talking to each other. I decided that this map will be looping so that they will not stop at any point until that scene ends. At the beginning, everything was working fine until they hit the looping spot, when they go past that point, torches turned off and when that point of looping was no longer visible, they turned back on.
Anyone knows what should I do about this?

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a problem where when I press the tab I see the buttons at the bottom, but nothing happens when I click them. The plugin used to work, so I'm not sure what's wrong?

NoShirtstann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do we know if this is compatible across the board with YEP?

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a problem where when I press the tab I see the buttons at the bottom, but nothing happens when I click them. The plugin used to work, so I'm not sure what's wrong?
Any plugin that disables the touch screen mechanic will disable the game editor. (EX: YEP_TouchInputDisabler)

Aerianr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Nope, only you can do this in Edit Mode.

Actually, I'm having this problem right now with play testing. Pressing tab in a deployed game is bringing up the editing buttons.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe that's becouse I have macbook, but I trying click TAB to set the lights and nothing...

Azel2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I use the time system the dye doesn't change that I'm doing wrong When I use the time system the dye doesn't change what I'm doing wrong?

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, wow! How have I never seen this thread. I am loving this lighting system. So much great detail and it looks amazing. Can't wait to add this to my newest project. Thanks for this (everyone involved)!

raffle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I absolutely love this plugin and I have been using it for a while without any issues, I just got one question about variables, i'm not knowledgeable about scripting so I don't know if it's already possible but how would I go about turning a light on and off from an event via a variable.

For example instead of having "Light ON e12" for event 12, something like "Light ON v1" for variable 1, or "LIGHT ON e(this._eventId)", just anything so that I could turn on lights dynamically via a common event with a variable instead of having to name every single event ID in the map :(

Last edited:

Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey there just unzipped the demo project without making any changes.

Two things:
- !Other2 character graphic is missing.
- Seems that test mode is disabled by some parameter since I can't even trepass stuff by holding CTRL neither I can't open switches menu.

Can you fix this please?
Thank you!

Brancliff

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also had trouble with the demo project. img/characters/!Other2 was missing for me as well, and pressing Tab didn't open up the editor or anything.

For anyone else having the same problem - you can copy !Other2 from a blank Project1 and things seem to be fine. As for the editor, you can press F12 to open up the console and type $gameEditor.toggle(); to show it. In your own project, you could get a Button-to-common-event plugin to remap it to something else.

This is pretty cool, though! I don't think I'm going to make the switch - KhasUltraLighting is mostly the same but I can use region tiles to block the light (so a light in one room doesn't make it easier to see through a wall and to the room next to it). But the in-game editor is super cool, and if it weren't for said region tiles, I'd probably switch over to this.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries
Happy Saint Nicholas Day! May there nice stuff in your shoes when you wake up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
icemar