Lighting effects & Stepping Sounds for MV

Syndicate

Pandora Network
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey fellow RPG Maker's!

Now I'm unsure if this is support or a specific code request so I do apologise if it needs to be moved (*hugs mods*).

Basically, I'm after something similar, if not exactly the same, as Khas Lighting effects for MV, to create some awesome lighting and atmosphere for the games. As well as this, there was a very good stepping sounds script which allowed you to "number" the tiles (using the "R" tab", 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 etc, and each numbered tile would play a different step sound. For example 1 = grass, and a squishy grass sound would be played when your hero walks along grass. 2 = wood etc.

Do either of these things currently exist or am I pushing my luck with how early it's been released hehe? I tried using the search to no avail :(

Having a lot of fun with it so far, it's an awesome piece of kit the new MV!

Thanks everyone involved,

Danny // Syndicate.

Kudin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been wondering this myself as lighting and "mist" is a huge part of my game. 

Also, an we just do the old method of making a map, taking a screenshot of it, and editing it in Photoshop, then displaying it as a new map background?

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think this goes in script requests but I am also eager to get a lighting script of any kind, its hard to map without it. Last time I heard Khas was on board with doing one.

Syndicate

Pandora Network
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ah excellent, that's good news then. Be fantastic to use it. I do find myself struggling to create a game without it aha!

Any ideas about the step sounds? Is that also a worthwhile code you think? :)

Syndicate

Pandora Network
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
What a clever idea to use in the meantime.

Thanks Lazhiral! ^_^

Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's not speficically designed for stepping sounds, but I imagine you could make use of Yanfly's YEP Region Events plugin to do the same thing. This plugin plays a common event each time you step into a tile with the corresponding region ID. I imagine you could simply set that common event to play your desired sound file.

(Edit: Just tested it and this method does indeed work. The plugin was included in the big Yanfly pack, but here's a link if you just want this specific one.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Syndicate

Pandora Network
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It workkkkkks, you legend Nimbus!

Man, I need to mark as solved, yet I have two excellent contributions!

Thank you both for your help. <3

CrowsSalvation

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I went crazy looking for noise and light plugins. I found this and was happy as heck to get sounds going with floors and all. I tried messing around with the lighting that you linked lazhiral but it didn't work out too well for me. I did however found something I used in Ace before. I changed a few things around and I be damned if it don't look good. lol

If you all like it I'll post what I did in here to get it. Should be a decent work around until we get some plugin loves. 

Lighting test.png

CrowsSalvation

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nevermind I got the other lighting to work as well. I tried adding the two together and it looks pretty good. May be a bit overkill though. lol

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cool idea for using the script for other means! yay for workarounds. As for lights, I was using overlays >_> But hey, anything to make the pipeline faster. Keep the tips coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommienator