Lighting effects & Stepping Sounds for MV

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Syndicate, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Syndicate

Syndicate Pandora Network Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey fellow RPG Maker's!

Now I'm unsure if this is support or a specific code request so I do apologise if it needs to be moved (*hugs mods*).

Basically, I'm after something similar, if not exactly the same, as Khas Lighting effects for MV, to create some awesome lighting and atmosphere for the games. As well as this, there was a very good stepping sounds script which allowed you to "number" the tiles (using the "R" tab", 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 etc, and each numbered tile would play a different step sound. For example 1 = grass, and a squishy grass sound would be played when your hero walks along grass. 2 = wood etc.

Do either of these things currently exist or am I pushing my luck with how early it's been released hehe? I tried using the search to no avail :(

Having a lot of fun with it so far, it's an awesome piece of kit the new MV!

Thanks everyone involved,

Danny // Syndicate.

Kudin likes this.
  2. Kudin

Kudin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been wondering this myself as lighting and "mist" is a huge part of my game. 

Also, an we just do the old method of making a map, taking a screenshot of it, and editing it in Photoshop, then displaying it as a new map background?

Syndicate likes this.
  3. Mako

Mako Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think this goes in script requests but I am also eager to get a lighting script of any kind, its hard to map without it. Last time I heard Khas was on board with doing one.

Syndicate likes this.
  4. Syndicate

First Language:
    English
    Ah excellent, that's good news then. Be fantastic to use it. I do find myself struggling to create a game without it aha!

Any ideas about the step sounds? Is that also a worthwhile code you think? :)

5. lazhiral

lazhiral Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Syndicate likes this.
  6. Syndicate

First Language:
    English
    What a clever idea to use in the meantime.

Thanks Lazhiral! ^_^

7. Nimbus

Nimbus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's not speficically designed for stepping sounds, but I imagine you could make use of Yanfly's YEP Region Events plugin to do the same thing. This plugin plays a common event each time you step into a tile with the corresponding region ID. I imagine you could simply set that common event to play your desired sound file.

(Edit: Just tested it and this method does indeed work. The plugin was included in the big Yanfly pack, but here's a link if you just want this specific one.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  8. Syndicate

First Language:
    English
    It workkkkkks, you legend Nimbus!

Man, I need to mark as solved, yet I have two excellent contributions!

Thank you both for your help. <3

9. CrowsSalvation

CrowsSalvation Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I went crazy looking for noise and light plugins. I found this and was happy as heck to get sounds going with floors and all. I tried messing around with the lighting that you linked lazhiral but it didn't work out too well for me. I did however found something I used in Ace before. I changed a few things around and I be damned if it don't look good. lol

If you all like it I'll post what I did in here to get it. Should be a decent work around until we get some plugin loves. 

Lighting test.png

10. CrowsSalvation

CrowsSalvation Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nevermind I got the other lighting to work as well. I tried adding the two together and it looks pretty good. May be a bit overkill though. lol

11. Syndicate

First Language:
    English
  12. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Cool idea for using the script for other means! yay for workarounds. As for lights, I was using overlays >_> But hey, anything to make the pipeline faster. Keep the tips coming.