ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone. I am using LNM_LightingTool to create some basic lighting to lift up the atmosphere.
It works fine in every regard. However one thing that bugs me is that whenever I delete an event that has lighting, the lighting disappears, just how I want it to. The thing is, when I open the menu and exit it again, the lighting is back.
To bring this into context;
I have on-screen enemies in my game and in some parts these enemies are present in darker-lit maps. And you as the player should of course be able to spot these enemies, hence why they have lighting effects (also because on-screen enemies are represented by flames, duh).

When you defeat the flames, they disappear (and the lighting with them, logically). This works fine, until you open the menu and close it again, in which case the flame remains gone, but the lighting is back.

So if possible, is there a way to fix this and if not, are there any alternatives?
I just need a really basic lighting system and nothing flashy. I already though about just removing all lighting sources that are temporary and just keeping all the permanent ones.

Edit: I have moved on to another lighting plugin that suits my needs for now.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Megumi_Aramaki wrote on Takeshi014's profile.
Valley can be done by outside mountain town tilesets I will send you right away!
Hi everyone! I've relased a demo about my new game in "Games in Development". Someone interested? :3
Going live at 2pm EST
Today is the day! I will be productive in game dev work! I will - *gets distracted by cat playing with her toy mouse* Awww <3
Whelp. I tried to be productive.
Decided to work on Fandom Scouts today. I've decided that instead of using the generic "scrolling text" event that MV has (I'm using MV for FS, not MZ) I'll use the movie option. I'm still trying to find a way to get Premiere Pro to output the compatible format though. If anyone can give me some help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jno8034