Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think I have misunderstood how this works.
If I set up an encounter in the same way as the demo, then I can get lights to show. By "in the same way" I mean that I walk up to a sprite, and in the event command I have e.g.
$game_map.set_battle_lighting("simple")
then I get the lighting.

However, I give the player the choice between visible (on map events) enemies and invisible (i.e. random) encounters, as some people prefer that. I therefore do not have events for those, and so I thought if I put it on the troop page in the database, set to run at turn 0, it would show up, but it doesn't. Is there a way to have battle lights for random encounters?

Thanks

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try this as a workaround
http://himeworks.com/2015/11/random-encounter-events-mv/

it allows you to define a common event to run on random encounters before the battleprocessing of the random encounter.
That might be enough to get the command to work (and you can do other things on random encounters with it as well)

EDIT: Sorry, forgot that you're using Ace here, the link above is for an MV plugin.

I think I remember Tsukihime having written the same as an Ace-Script, but I don't find any Ace-Version of this.

EDIT2:
and here is the Ace version, I was right
http://himeworks.com/2015/01/random-encounter-events/

Last edited:

Khas

Detective lv73
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes I'm not a huge fan of the default battle system, so I didn't think of that possibility when I made the script, sorry. I would ask you to try the two suggestions below, and if nothing works, I can make a new version of the add-on.
1. You can call the battle lighting command ($game_map.set_battle_lighting("simple")) when switching to the map with encounters. Then, every battle will have lighting until you call $game_map.set_battle_lighting (without arguments).

2. Use the solution @Andar gave us, and see if it works good for you

If neither is good for you, I can try to do something different.

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Andar and @Khas
Both solutions work. I will probably go with the script call version so that I don't have yet another script in my already over long list of scripts.

Thank you both very much.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png
Hmm...you'd think in this day and age, what with Japanese Schoolgirls frequenting anime, JRGs and whatever else...that someone might have made some gym clothes for the generator. You know, the ones with the short bloomers.
finished the draft of some of this dude's motions!

mc0xoB4.gif

gonna work on the drafts of the other 3 now before i put detail, need to position these rather tall sprites well on the field

waiting for the term to end so i can get more time w this :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLODZIO