StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As mentioned in this topic, I have a slow computer. It's still functional, and doing a bit better. However, until my BF and I get a lot of money, I'll have to continue to use to work on our game--especially while he uses his to work on the game. And right now, he has to replace the fan in his laptop. XD

Anyway!

I was curious to know if there any lightweight image editing programs, or rather a software that would allow me to create pixel art and maybe some decent things like UI?

I've heard of a few, actually, but I'm not keen on the idea of installing and re-installing just to find out if it's what I need. XD

Thanks!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
GIMP for UI...is what I wanted to say but I find Photoshop still a lot faster loading speed wise. You can get a portable one probably that has the other features stripped down and roll with it. Maybe Adobe site has one.

Graphics Gale for Pixel Art.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Graphics Gale... Hmmmm

Photoshop would cost money, wouldn't it? XD

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Grafic Gale Free Edition is nice, sometimes nasty with alphachannel, but great and easy to use Tool.

Very little learn curve on a few features. Edit: You cant programm Functions like in Photoshop.

MobiusXVI

Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Paint.net is a great lightweight image editing program. It supports alpha channel and multiple layers. It even has a few simple tools like clone. It starts up and runs as fast as Microsoft's Paint, so it won't crush a slow computer. I use it anytime I need to do something simple and don't feel like opening GIMP.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
According the topic I linked...

Using Paint.NET takes 5 minutes to open and save/close. Sometimes it "doesn't respond".
The "5 minutes" thing was being nice. It also has to "wait for paint bucket effect to apply" as well. Oh, and showing a white box for awhile when I hit save or anything.

It won't work. XD

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At that point, you're kind of better off just waiting for a better computer to be able to use proper image editors.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But but I need to work on my game when my BF is using his computer to work. ;_;

No, no, you're right. It feels so odd not to use my netbook at any time!

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
PS CS2 is free.
This is not actually true. There were isues with the authentication servers that were used by Adobe to active their CS2 versions of software. Due to circumstances beyond their control, they've given out serial keys and software downloads for paying customers who had paid for legal rights to use the software originally. It would create a lot of unhappy customers to have had to prove their purchases considering the shear amount of people using such popular software, in addition to the time that had passed since the release of the software and when this issue had arisen.

Sources

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Creative_Suite#Creative_Suite_1_and_2

http://www.cnet.com/news/adobe-releases-creative-suite-2-for-free/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/

http://www.techspot.com/news/51316-adobe-offering-creative-suite-2-for-free-but-they-didnt-mean-to.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21