Like in Octopath Traveler, Limit Classes and Subclasses with Yanfly scripts.

Would you also want a feature like this?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't mind either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright!

For those who don't know what Octopath Traveler is, it's a game that game out fairly recently (July 13, 2018). I liked how it handled the subclasses and was wondering if I could get a similar affect in RPG Maker MV.

You can read about the game here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopath_Traveler

The feature allowed any of the party members to equip a subclass, but limited it so only one party member could use the subclass at one time.

I would like this, but with a twist. Where 2 party members can either equip a class as either a main class or a subclass or both.

I was wondering if it's possible to limit the classes and subclasses using Yanfly's scripts.

The scripts I'm on about are
Class Change Core
http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/27/yep-32-class-change-core/
Subclass
http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/29/yep-34-subclass/

In-case that's not clear, as an example. Let's say Actor 1 and Actor 2 can switch between the same classes and subclasses. So maybe the classes are Fighter, Knight, Warrior, Magician.

I would like to limit it so while both actors have access to four classes & subclasses only two of those actors can use it as either a main class, a subclass or both at a time.

So Actor 1 main class can be a Fighter, and Actor 2 main class can be a Fighter, but then no other actor in the party can use the Fighter class as either a main class or subclass until either Actor 1 or Actor 2 changes there class.

Yet Actor 2 can still use Fighter as there subclass instead while Actor 1 uses Fighter as there main class.

As another example with subclasses instead, Actor 1 can be a Fighter as there main class and a Knight as there subclass and then Actor 2 can be a Warrior as there main class, Knight as there subclass. Now Actor 3 can not use Knight as either a main class or a subclass untill either Actor 1 or Actor 2 swaps out the Knight class.

I'm not sure if it requires a simple edit, or a add-on, or if it's really complex, or somewhere between the two, but if someone could put limits on the classes and subclasses per party members that'd be great.

I know it can be done through common events, states and items BUT with Yanfly's class and subclass system your actors can see there stats increase/decrease when changing classes. If I did this with common events, states and items I don't know how the player could still see those stats.

If possible, I would like the player to still be able to visually see the stats increase and decrease by changing classes for both main classes and subclasses.

If anyone can also think of an alternative way to display stats and limit the classes or subclasses through events or a simpler way with javascript or another plugin, and if it's easier, please let me know you suggestions.

Many thanks!

:)

Last edited:

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump. Been way over 72 hours so I rewrote the entire thread title and message to be a lot clearer.

Thanks for reading and listening! :)

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Alright!

For those who don't know what Octopath Traveler is, it's a game that game out fairly recently (July 13, 2018). I liked how it handled the subclasses and was wondering if I could get a similar affect in RPG Maker MV.

You can read about the game here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopath_Traveler

The feature allowed any of the party members to equip a subclass, but limited it so only one party member could use the subclass at one time.

I would like this, but with a twist. Where 2 party members can either equip a class as either a main class or a subclass or both.

I was wondering if it's possible to limit the classes and subclasses using Yanfly's scripts.

The scripts I'm on about are
Class Change Core
http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/27/yep-32-class-change-core/
Subclass
http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/29/yep-34-subclass/

In-case that's not clear, as an example. Let's say Actor 1 and Actor 2 can switch between the same classes and subclasses. So maybe the classes are Fighter, Knight, Warrior, Magician.

I would like to limit it so while both actors have access to four classes & subclasses only two of those actors can use it as either a main class, a subclass or both at a time.

So Actor 1 main class can be a Fighter, and Actor 2 main class can be a Fighter, but then no other actor in the party can use the Fighter class as either a main class or subclass until either Actor 1 or Actor 2 changes there class.

Yet Actor 2 can still use Fighter as there subclass instead while Actor 1 uses Fighter as there main class.

As another example with subclasses instead, Actor 1 can be a Fighter as there main class and a Knight as there subclass and then Actor 2 can be a Warrior as there main class, Knight as there subclass. Now Actor 3 can not use Knight as either a main class or a subclass untill either Actor 1 or Actor 2 swaps out the Knight class.

I'm not sure if it requires a simple edit, or a add-on, or if it's really complex, or somewhere between the two, but if someone could put limits on the classes and subclasses per party members that'd be great.

I know it can be done through common events, states and items BUT with Yanfly's class and subclass system your actors can see there stats increase/decrease when changing classes. If I did this with common events, states and items I don't know how the player could still see those stats.

If possible, I would like the player to still be able to visually see the stats increase and decrease by changing classes for both main classes and subclasses.

If anyone can also think of an alternative way to display stats and limit the classes or subclasses through events or a simpler way with javascript or another plugin, and if it's easier, please let me know you suggestions.

Many thanks!

:)

It's also very interesting to me. I also take this opportunity to revive the topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member