Would you also want a feature like this?

• Total voters

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Slowly, but surely my suspicion that you might simply be trolling grows :rsrs:

However for the sake of the other people who expressed interest in this plugin I will continue to provide support for a bit. Can you please describe in more detail what you tried, what you expected and what happened instead?

Do you have a party of two actors? As @atoms requested, two actors may have the same class/subclass. Only a third, forth, ... actor is prohibited from equipping the same class.

This plugin only disables the option for the player to select a class in the menu entry added by Yanfly's Class Core plugin. This plugin does nothing if you set more than two actors' classes to the same class by other means, including but not limited to:
- event commands
- configuring starting classes in the database
- loading an old save where already more than two actors have the same class equipped

In addition it is always possible that the provided plugin is incompatible with another plugin that you are using. Have you verified, that my plugin still does not work for you in a clean new project? If you can provide a link to a specific plugin that seems to cause my plugin to fail I can look into making them compatible.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lionheart_84 has been around the forums for a long time so I assume he knows this, but...did you start a new play test game after installing the plugin? Loading a save game will not reflect changes.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Slowly, but surely my suspicion that you might simply be trolling grows :rsrs:

However for the sake of the other people who expressed interest in this plugin I will continue to provide support for a bit. Can you please describe in more detail what you tried, what you expected and what happened instead?

Do you have a party of two actors? As @atoms requested, two actors may have the same class/subclass. Only a third, forth, ... actor is prohibited from equipping the same class.

This plugin only disables the option for the player to select a class in the menu entry added by Yanfly's Class Core plugin. This plugin does nothing if you set more than two actors' classes to the same class by other means, including but not limited to:
- event commands
- configuring starting classes in the database
- loading an old save where already more than two actors have the same class equipped

In addition it is always possible that the provided plugin is incompatible with another plugin that you are using. Have you verified, that my plugin still does not work for you in a clean new project? If you can provide a link to a specific plugin that seems to cause my plugin to fail I can look into making them compatible.
I understand, I just wanted that each class could be equipped only by one character ...
Example:
Actor 1 has the subclass "Thief"
Actor 2 or Actor 3 or 4, cannot equip it, as it is already equipped by Actor 1
made myself clear?
@Lionheart_84 has been around the forums for a long time so I assume he knows this, but...did you start a new play test game after installing the plugin? Loading a save game will not reflect changes.
Yes, "new", no "load"...

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I understand, I just wanted that each class could be equipped only by one character ...
You never said that anyplace. It was not the topic of this other person's thread that you kept bumping, and when eomere offered to write the snippet for you, you never gave him that additional information.

Just go to the code you were given and on line 7 change the number 2 to 1.

However, that still doesn't explain when you said:
It doesn't work, it still makes me equip the same class for all the members of the party.
So which is it? If it works, and limits the number of actors with a class to 2, then that post was really unhelpful and caused confusion for over a day.

If it doesn't work, and every actor in the party can be the same class, then something is fundamentally wrong in your game project and changing one number won't fix it.

I understand you have to go through translation with your posts, but you have people trying to help you and you need to try to give better information in your responses.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Example:
Actor 1 has the subclass "Thief"
Actor 2 or Actor 3 or 4, cannot equip it, as it is already equipped by Actor 1
made myself clear?
That would have been nice to know before I spent half an hour writing and testing this snippet and more than an hour providing support afterwards :rsrs:

As an alternative to changing the number in the code I wrote up all the usual plugin help text and parameter stuff. See the file attached to this post.

Be aware though that you need more classes than actors if you change the maximum to one or otherwise no one will be able to change classes if every available class is already equipped once at the beginning of the game.

Attachments

• EOM_ClassPartyMax.js
    3.1 KB · Views: 1

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
You never said that anyplace. It was not the topic of this other person's thread that you kept bumping, and when eomere offered to write the snippet for you, you never gave him that additional information.

Just go to the code you were given and on line 7 change the number 2 to 1.

However, that still doesn't explain when you said:

So which is it? If it works, and limits the number of actors with a class to 2, then that post was really unhelpful and caused confusion for over a day.

If it doesn't work, and every actor in the party can be the same class, then something is fundamentally wrong in your game project and changing one number won't fix it.

I understand you have to go through translation with your posts, but you have people trying to help you and you need to try to give better information in your responses.
Okay, I'm sorry I caused confusion and misunderstandings. It was not my intention, much less to be reprimanded. :blush:

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
That would have been nice to know before I spent half an hour writing and testing this snippet and more than an hour providing support afterwards :rsrs:

As an alternative to changing the number in the code I wrote up all the usual plugin help text and parameter stuff. See the file attached to this post.

Be aware though that you need more classes than actors if you change the maximum to one or otherwise no one will be able to change classes if every available class is already equipped once at the beginning of the game.
Works great, thanks!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royeventcompany