Limit an Event to Only Approach a Specific/Defined Side of the Character

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by pEcOsGhOsT, Apr 12, 2017.

1. pEcOsGhOsT

pEcOsGhOsT Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey there everybody, I'm coming to because I'm stumped (but I know yall will figure it out, cuz ur the best!!)
    The title was a little confusing but I wasn't quite sure how to explain it so I'll try to get a little more in-depth without getting more confusing (make sense, no?? ok!!)

I want to set an event's movement type to "Approach" so it will more or less follow the character, however i NEED the event to only approach the sides of the character (and not the top or bottom) here's a picture to show you:
    approach_side-only.gif
    As you can see I want the freedom of the random approach and not set on a path, but I also want to restrict the event from approaching the top or bottom and only targeting the left and right sides. For bonus points it would be awesome if the character moves the event would reshift itself to be facing the sides (if that makes sense).

Let me know if this is possible, or if you think this can't be done (or is just plain dumb) thanks!

EDIT: I should also mention, regardless of which direction the character is facing- I want the event to always go to either the left or right (based on the screen, I hope this isn't getting even more confusing...)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No way to do this without plugins - you'll need a pathfinding plugin or a complete rewrite of the movement logic.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. pEcOsGhOsT

pEcOsGhOsT Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Whoops thanks for the heads up homie!

4. NinJaRed

NinJaRed Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV