Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am looking for a script which would allow me to limit the number of a couple of pieces of armour in a shop.  I have found Napoleon's script, but that only limits Items, not armour or weapons.

Does anyone know if such a script exists?

Thank you.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I usually do this by putting the one time (or limited time) buys in a separate menu, then having the player buy those this way. for a shop, you could do it by a "Do you wish to see my selection" text, then a show choices (Yes, no, specials), and putting the one time items under special. So far its worked for me at least.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I dont think one does exist. I had to write one privately for someone a while back. :) (that was for ace though)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Dekita

Oops this is in the wrong forum, it should be in Ace.  I'll have to get it moved.

@bgillisp

Unfortunately for the way the story works at this point, it needs to be in the same shop menu as everything else, it doesn't make sense to put it separately.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmmm...I'm not sure I follow the logic here. Why can't a merchant offer a special item that is a one time sale that you select somewhere else outside of the main shop menu? I can't think of any reason a merchant wouldn't be able to do that.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Because it's not a merchant, and it's not a normal shop.  The mechanic goes like this (bearing in mind that most of this won't make much sense without the full story context)

You speak to the Abbot, long cut scene

At the end, he gives permission for a couple of the monks "to share the work of our hands."

One monk - the one in charge of ensuring the community has all the clothes that it needs - sells armour-type gear.

You speak to him, he notices that you have a dog with you, tells you to wait and goes off.  Comes back, explaining that they used to keep a guard dog and "never throw anything away" is his motto.

He now has not only the clothes, but also these one-off items that used to belong to the guard dog.

(A reason something like this is needed to explain how come you can buy stuff for a Dog of War.  It's not the sort of thing you would normally find in a shop.)

To me it doesn't make sense to have them in a separate menu.  I also have to allow for players who have been a bit profligate with their money and who therefore might not have enough to buy everything they want at this stage.  They will come back, and again it doesn't make sense to me for these items to be separate.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmmm....the (non-scripting) answer I see to that is have you talk to monk x for those one off items, bought via a show choices menu. Though that caps you at 4 items max (without another script), and  you would need a switch to keep track of what is bought already (and it gets more convoluted if you don't want the already bought items to show in the menu).

I'm sure I've seen a shop inventory script somewhere though, let me see what comes up when I search more.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can anyone help out here with this?

thanks.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Galv made an advanced shop scene. I think, he made stock options too in it.

It was a while ago when I checked it, so I might be wrong.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've had a look, and it seems to be purely for adding extra graphics or changing them, rather than what I'm looking for.  But thank you for the suggestion.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a similar script as a paid commission which unfortunately I can't give you because it was done for a specific game, but I should be able to modify it a bit. I'm working on another script at the moment (What kind of script? IT'S A SECRET) but once I get some time I'll see what I can do.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you.  Could you pm me with an indication of what the fee would be?

Thanks.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, I rechecked Galv's Shop Upgrade script on his site.

In the script's description it says:

– Added ability for each shop to keep it’s own stock. Selling items to shops will add those items to the buy list.

And in the script itself:

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------## SCRIPT CALLS to control SHOP STOCK#------------------------------------------------------------------------------### shop(shop_id) # Use this script call to set the next shop processing event# # to be a certain shop number. If you do not use this script# # call before a shop event, the shop will not use stock.## add_stock(shop_id,type,item_id,amount) # Add a number of items to the shop# # number you specify.## rem_stock(shop_id,type,item_id,amount) # Remove a number of items from the# # shop number you specify.## bulk_fill(shop_id,type,amount,[id,id,id]) # Add items to a shop in bulk.## # # If you do NOT add an item as stock (using the above script call) to a shop# # that includes that item in the shop processing event - that item will be# # unlimited.## count_stock(shop_id,type,item_id) # Use in control variables to get# # number of an item in stock# # NOTE: This does not detect shop processing items that are unlimited. It# # will return 0 unless you set stock amount for it.##------------------------------------------------------------------------------## EXPLANATION of the above script calls#------------------------------------------------------------------------------## shop_id # This is a number you choose to use for a certain shop. You can use this# number for any shop anywhere and it will keep track of what items are sold# and bought from it. You can have as many different shop id's as you likd.## type# 0 = an item 1 = a weapon 2 = an armor## item_id or id# The id of the item/weapon/armor in your database.## amount# How many of the item you wish to add or remove from the chosen shop id.##------------------------------------------------------------------------------## EXAMPLES#------------------------------------------------------------------------------### add_stock(2,0,1,20) # Will add 20 of item 1 to shop number 2# add_stock(6,1,10,2) # Will add 2 of weapon 10 to shop number 6# rem_stock(6,1,10,2) # Will remove 2 of weapon 10 from shop number 6## bulk_fill(1,0,20,[1,2,3,4,5,6]) # Will add 20 of each item inside square # # brackets to shop number 1## bulk_fill(3,2,1,[12,22,13]) # Will add 1 of each armor inside square # # brackets to shop number 3## shop(3) # The next shop processing will use shop number 3##------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
So, it does seem possible to do what you want with Galv's script.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, I had misread that description.  I thought it was only those items which you had sold to the shop which were added, I hadn't realised you could add limited amounts yourself.

Thank you for clearing that one up.  I shall go away and have a solid read of it instead of skimming it.

EDIT

Hmm, actually it does a vast amount of things, and overwrites most of the default shop script, which is not what I want.  From my reading of it, it is all or nothing, so I think it will have to be nothing.

I think I shall have to go for commissioning what I need

But once again, Sixth, thank you for your time and trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.
Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakam47