akaneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have 6 actors in the party, but i want to appear only 3 actors at the same time in the battle.
The enemy is similar. Is there a way to do this?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Copy-paste this into a .js file and enable it as a plugin:
JavaScript:
Game_Party.prototype.maxBattleMembers = function() {
    return 3;
};

For enemies, just set up your troops so that only 3 appear at any one time.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Piyan Glupak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Copy-paste this into a .js file and enable it as a plugin:
JavaScript:
Game_Party.prototype.maxBattleMembers = function() {
    return 3;
};

For enemies, just set up your troops so that only 3 appear at any one time.
Thank you very much, Solar_Flare. It works, by the way. Not sure that I will ever need it, but I just wanted to try putting something in Trihan's plugin skeleton:

Might have a go with something else simple at some point, maybe something that I have had a go at on my own.
Edit: Just in case anyone is interested, I will attempt to include what I ended up with here.
//============================================================================= // threeBattlePartyMembers.js //============================================================================= /*: * @plugindesc *This plugin changes the default 4 party members who take part in battles to 3. * @author Code - Solar Flare, plugin "Skeleton" - Trihan, combined - Piyan Glupak * version 1.0 * @help * * Plug in and play, no parameters or script commands to use. * * TERMS OF USE * Freely available for use in commercial and non-commercial games. No liability * accepted for its use. * * COMPATIBILITY * No compatability issues known of */ Game_Party.prototype.maxBattleMembers = function() { return 3; };

;

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dankim633