Limited inventory/deposit with slots.

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by WesdrasLink, Nov 23, 2017.

1. WesdrasLink

WesdrasLink Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone!

So i am developing a Harvest Moon style game, more like Rune Factory that will have battles and dungeons, but i want make a menu with slots that can be upgraded later in the game to carry more itens, but i failed to create suach a system and i started to search for plugins and i found some plugins like this "https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/jif-grid-inventory.79104/". But it didn't work, so i found another one from a member called Kino, but it seems that it have some bugs.
    So i really need a menu like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory or Stardew Valley, with slots that includes, usable items and equipment so instead having a scene with a equipments, i can equip the gears and tools in a single item screen, i also wanted to integrate this system with a "item bank" that can have more slots and can be upgraded as well (just like this farming games that i said before).
    I don't wanted to ask too much... but i wanted that all the items can be equiped, not only the weapons and gears, for examle, i want to hold a flower and give it to a npc, a item that i can carry.

I attached some screens mockups that i did.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Candacis, peq42_ and Joy Diamond like this.
  2. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    That would be awesome to have.

3. Jiffy

Jiffy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey Wesdras,
    What problem were you having with my plugin? I would love to fix it up if it has issues!

Cheers,
    Jiffy

4. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have used PH Warehouse and Limited Inventory for one of my side projects and they work just fine. They may or may not work with the grid inventory plugins. But at the very least, you may be able take some features from each and make them work the way you want them to.

PH Warehouse can create item Banks and other storage, while Limited Inventory can allow you to limit your space and upgrade as you see fit.

5. Jiffy

Jiffy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    As @JGreene said, my plugin combined with Limited Inventory should give you the desired effect.

6. WesdrasLink

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, i managed to use these 2 plugins and i intregated with Jiffy Icon system, i just need to do some adjust in the windows, maybe I'll use some pictures to simulate empty blocks. But there is another problem.
    I want to have a pack with 9 items, but if i do this the plugin Limited Inventory will count exactly 9 items in my iventory, but i wanted to have just 1 slot ocuppied with 9 potions, and the storage system works in the same way, if i store 9 potions it will take 9 slots in my storage, i want to have packs of items that take just 1 slot, and i don't want weapons and equipments have more than 1 item per slot. Someone got a clue?
    Thanks for the advise, i put some screens here but without the Jiff Grid Iventroy, (It works, i just have to do some graphics adjust - no problem)

Attached Files:

7. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can set the weight of items to 0 if you want to be able to have a lot of them without it going against your inventory limit. It's somewhat similar to stacking. I don't know of any plugins for MV that let you change stack size of different items, just the max held limit.

8. WesdrasLink

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well that's a problem, i can't set indivual stack items while they take only one space in invemtory, or is one or is all.

Anyone played Homerwosk Salesman? It's game made in RPG Maker VX ACE. This game have this system that i want, i post a screenie.
    See how they did there, i can carry only a pack with 4 potions that consumes 1 space in iventory slot, but there are items that can't be stacked, weapons and armors as well, if i can make it work i may consider giving up the topic idea, since i'm not a scripter.

Attached Files: