Limited Quantity Of Items In Shop Plugin?

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am wanting to include a shop that limits the number of a particular rare item that can be bought, and have searched on Google from here to Timbuktu for a plugin that does this, but no dice. I saw several VX Ace scripts that did it, but I am using MV, not VX Ace. I also saw Tsukihime was making one for MV, but abandoned it, never to see the light of day. Can someone please make this necessity of a plugin for not just me, but for the community?

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've made a separate shop plugin that deals with stocks for my current project, but it's a bit different than what you're asking. Based on that, I have some idea on how to do it and I'm definitely planning to do this later for potential use in future projects. Yet that might take me some time as I'm prioritising the completion of my project.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TWings How much different are we talking about?

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, for starters it's a mess, since it's not meant to be used outside of my project yet. :kaoback:
Most of the paramaters are coded in the scripts, it would also not work without some specific settings on Yanfly's item categories plugin.
It doesn't make any change to the game usual shop, as it's a separate one meant to simulate a trade system (so stocks and prices fluctuations).
What you're looking for is "simpler" I believe. It could be done by adding some quantity data parameter (either with a user defined object, or note tag), and rewrite some parts of the shop system.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TWings The price fluctuation thing sounds interesting- I could see it where said rare item may appear cheaper or more expensive after every battle at random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!
zachb wrote on Human_Male's profile.
I know this was months ago, but I don't completely understand the lunatic states program (how you set it up). I just want to apply a stone state (and death) to a character after x amount of time. Can you show me an example of how to set it up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lysenthe