WilliamHughes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using Yanfly's RowFormation plugin.on the player side I have went and made all attacks have appropriate <Row Only> flags. So, I have the player side working. The problem is the monster side. I want to make it so that a monsters melee attack can only target a player in row 1, a reach attack can target row 1-2, a ranged attack can hit 1-3.

i think that I will have to use 

battler.row()

to find a battlers row, but there's also 

$gameParty.rowMembers(1)

to return all members in row 1. 

How can I properly use one of those tags to make an enemy only attack party members in certain rows?

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the skills the monsters are using have that tag it should work for them too.

WilliamHughes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Using the same tag that I used on the player skills leaves the monsters unable to attack. I'm not trying to base this on the

monsters location, because I'm not letting them move, but on the player. Placing <Row Only: 1> requires that I have the monster move to row one. I want an attack that can target players that are in row 1 regardless of where the monster is. 

With th monsters that don't move using that tag results in the monster skipping its turn. 

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will, you will see me a lot, since D&D is also my inspiration. For what you want, you may use YEP Weapon Unleash to create dummy attacks for the reach and ranged weapons and YEP Target Core for the closest row limitation.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you use Yanfly's Taunt plugin, you can make your first row apply a passive state that applies the taunt, and enemies will then only attack players in front row. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SgtSalamander