jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been pointed out on the forums before, but while deployed MZ games run decently well on most devices, the new Effekseer animation system can cause some major lag on low-end PCs, but especially on mobile deployments.

I have personally deployed two MZ games to Android, one being a base sample project with nothing but a blank map and 'test' events for animations, weather, etc. In both projects, playing an Effekseer animation caused a huge framedrop, especially during battle where even a small animation could cause FPS to drop below 10.

To clarify, I'm doing my testing on a Galaxy A10e, which can run MV games fine for the most part.

I was wondering if any plugin devs would be interested in doing a "mobile performance" plugin for MZ, or at least one specifically aimed at the animations. I have no experience with Effekseer, but I wonder if 'capping' animations at 30 FPS would help performance on low-end devices.

(Also, I'm aware that a plugin exists to switch to the classic animation system. I'd much rather work with Effekseer for multiple reasons.)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I finally played Persona 4 to see what it's all about. I'm like wait...what the...this is JOJO!
Map025.png

The second settlement you'll visit in my newest game. The small village of Teytal.
sketch 4 an opening cinematic in my gameeee >:]
Untitled_Artwork_16.jpg
oh god how do I add pictures on here it keeps saying i need a link <--( suddenly forgot how technology works )
avery wip.png

"i have to work in like 5 hours ... let's start the main character's face set"
--me, an adult for the past 20 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeftaquitos