oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any plugin out there that allows you to limit which characters/enemies a skill/item can target? Or, maybe even better, limiting skill targeting based on a State? Specifically, I need it to bar the character from selecting invalid targets: it's not enough for the skill to fail, I want to make sure it's impossible to use it on these enemies/actors to begin with.

As a practical example of what I'm talking about, say one party member is a robot and therefore cannot be targetted by normal healing items and can be healed only through the use of special items/skills that only target him (even if they are used by a different character).

Or, as another example, a character having a skill that applies a state to one or more enemies and then a secondary skill that targets only those with that state.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your script seems to work great. Just to check, is it free for commercial use (and how should I credit you)? And are you aware of any compatibility issues with the visustella library?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, commerical use is OK! From the plugin's help section:
Terms of use: This plugin is free to use and/or modify, under these conditions: - None of the original plugin header is removed. - Credit is given to Caethyril for the original work.
You can credit me however you like: in-game or in a separate file shipped with the game, I don't have a preference.

I don't know of any outstanding conflicts with other plugins. I try to make all my plugins as cross-compatible as possible, which is partly why I don't have any "overhaul" type stuff. :kaoslp:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

here's another RPG Maker remake idea: "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties". I'll salute to whomever does this
I won't finish it today, I only will have time to work on that next Saturday, what a shame... :(
I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovanp