tomoDOTchi

Hobbyist Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I'm making a little project for my nephew and I'm doing the dialogues in this style:

https://youtu.be/zrgn-CpSJhY?t=105

Here's me trying to actually replicate it:

(Excuse the poor quality.)

Basically, what I'm looking for is a script that will cause a text box to remain onscreen after it shows at whatever position it's shown at. Text boxes displayed overtop of the lingering text box will erase it, and replace it. This could be done with pictures rather easily also, but well... I'd rather not. xD I was imagining perhaps this could be done with the use of a comment or script line before a certain text box... but, yeah. Is there any way to do this without having to take a bunch of pictures?

If someone wants to write a script for me, I would be most grateful. ^^'

If some sort of trade could be arranged, I also do digital art.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh you want several text windows. This would definitely require a script, as it's not an option in the default RPG Maker. You can request one in the script requests forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomoDOTchi

Hobbyist Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah! Celianna! I didn't know you were on here too. I was on the rpgmakervx.net forums (I think that was the domain?) and saw a lot of your work there. I love your tilesets. :)

Isn't this the script request subforum...? (Not to be snarky lol)

tomoDOTchi

Hobbyist Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure I'm able to get it to work...

Scripts in use:

YEA_Core Engine

YEA_Battle Engine

YEA_States Manager

YEA_Cast Animations

YEA_Revival Animation Fix

YEA_Party System

YEA_Party Battle Command

*Galv_Double Message*

Zeus81_Fullscreen++

Mithran_Text Cache Fix

Star Passability Bug Fix (Auto-Added from Steam)

Event Jitter Fix (Auto-Added from Steam)

Zerbu_Text Blip Sounds

LoneWolf_Junk Font Fix

I'm not quite sure how to execute the script call. I'm trying to do it as it says, but it isn't doing anything.

Code:
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------##  INSTRUCTIONS:#  Put below materials, above main.#  To create a double message, use this SCRIPT CALL before a normal message:##------------------------------------------------------------------------------##  msg("Text goes in here","Face Name", face_position)#------------------------------------------------------------------------------###  - "Face Name" is the name of the faceset you want a face from, eg "Actor1"#  - face_position is where in that faceset the face you want is. 0 is first#  - "Test goes in here" - this is where it's painful as the script box is very#    small. Each new line in the script box is a new line in the message box#    unless you create multiple strings and add them together.##------------------------------------------------------------------------------# #------------------------------------------------------------------------------##  EXAMPLE 1#------------------------------------------------------------------------------###  msg("This is the text that would appear#  in the script box. As the script box is#  small, it wraps, which will also make#  it wrap in the message window.",#  "Actor1", 0)#

tomoDOTchi

Hobbyist Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump. :U

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria